• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has Anyone Used Interval For Last Minute Deals?

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
Marriotts are available for shortstay exchanges.
Have a look I see some right now- and I know someone who used one last month.
Thanks- I will have to look. I had called II last fall to ask about using that option and was told that Marriotts weren't part of that program.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone! I cannot see Surf Club or Rennaissance. Considering that Platinum is only 69.50, it seems like it would be worth it to purchase for a year. I wish we could purchase a few days getaway instead of trading which I would not do since my points are so few.
Someone mentioned a forum for members to see others putting exchanges in.
I just became a full member here so not sure where I would look for that. I want to make the most of timesharing. Thanks so much.
I think you are talking about the sightings board. It’s at the bottom of the same list you choose this Marriott board from.
Near the top of the list there is a rental board.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks- I will have to look. I had called II last fall to ask about using that option and was told that Marriotts weren't part of that program.

Are you maybe thinking of choose2?
I believe I read on the II community that Marriotts are not offered as choose 2’s- could be wrong on that.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
It sounds like you already have an II membership and your offer is to simply upgrade is from a regular to gold/platinum. Correct? It appears your "offer" is $5 off the gold upgrade fee. I would take a pass on it and only purchase it once you are ready to use it.

If so, then presently you have the ability to check out Getaway availability to get a handle on what is out there. This inventory can change daily, so best to maybe check it out for a month or so to get a good feeling of inventory that shows.

Short Stays are a feature of Gold.....but this is not a discounted getaway for you to purchase. You obtain these by depositing your week and getting 2 shorter stays vs 1 7 day. I don't believe it a feature used a lot because most of the inventory is just so-so.

Next time you log into II, check to see if you have any Accommodation Certificates (ACs) linked to your account. Go to Exchange, then my units, look for My certificates. If you have anything there, that is the place to play around looking for decent last minute availability. There are some real gems that can appear there and will cost you $300 or less to use one of the ACs to purchase.

Lastly, there is a section right her on Tug called "sightings" This is an area that other Tuggers post good things that they find on II (and RCI). A lot of last minute, nice resort availability is shown there. There is also an AC thread dedicated to "good stuff" that the ACs can pull. Consider joining TUG, by becoming a member, you will have access to this area.
Where in Tug is the sightings forum? I can’t seem to find it and I’m a member. Thank you

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Where in Tug is the sightings forum? I can’t seem to find it and I’m a member. Thank you
It’s the last thread on the forum. Bottom of the page. You need to be a member and signed in to see it. PS under your user name you are still listed as a guest. I would contact a moderator for help changing your status.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Thanks everyone. Turkel could that be because I was a member of the forums for a few years and just paid today to become a paid member? I do not know if they are two separate log ins or not. On my phone so its hard to tell!

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Thanks everyone. Turkel could that be because I was a member of the forums for a few years and just paid today to become a paid member? I do not know if they are two separate log ins or not. On my phone so its hard to tell!

So it looks like it may be under private member forums link? I click it and nothing happens. I am signed in as Tug member but wont let me see. I am still listed as a guest. How do I contactva moderator?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it looks like it may be under private member forums link? I click it and nothing happens. I am signed in as Tug member but wont let me see. I am still listed as a guest. How do I contactva moderator?

sightings is private.
your profile now says member so you should be able to get in.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I saw your post on the AC thread about having platinum and not seeing what you are suppose to be seeing. I believe you are looking for Surf Club Aruba getaways. If there are any available, then it should not matter if you have a regular, gold or platinum account. Getaways can be seen by all member. From time to time Platinum will give you priority access to getaways.....but personally I have never seen that in Aruba. Also, just because someone posts there is a getaway available...doesn't mean it still will be once you log in. Some of these go FAST.

If you want check to see if you have an issue seeing something that you think others can, you can use the sightings board to request a sighting. Ask other members to look it up and see if they can see something you can't. If it is a getaway, then I would suspect you have some sort of glitch. I can see only 1 Surf Club unit as getaway at this moment.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
I see none! Also when I look the free column is highlighted, not the platinum. I am assuming there is a glitch. I am hoping to get Surf Club for next April but have to wait till April to see if I can get it. Hoping to be able to use Interval this year for some getaways. Wondering if the prices are lower than if you try to buy online on a travel website.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see none! Also when I look the free column is highlighted, not the platinum. I am assuming there is a glitch. I am hoping to get Surf Club for next April but have to wait till April to see if I can get it. Hoping to be able to use Interval this year for some getaways. Wondering if the prices are lower than if you try to buy online on a travel website.

If a getaway shows in your search and it says book it next to it you can book it.
I have just a basic membership so the interval member column is highlighted. I’ve never had a gold or platinum so I don’t know how that looks. But if it is there and available you can buy it.
Platinum membership just gets you a discount, it doesn’t show you different inventory except for those platinum escapes that come out a few times a year.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Pamplemousse the issues is I should be seeing other properties and they are not visible to me but they are to other platinum members so there is a glitch because I show member but not Platinum. I am missing properties that would be visible to me earlier than a free member. Did I explain this right?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pamplemousse the issues is I should be seeing other properties and they are not visible to me but they are to other platinum members so there is a glitch because I show member but not Platinum. I am missing properties that would be visible to me earlier than a free member. Did I explain this right?

I understand what you are saying but I believe you have incorrect information.
Platinum members do not normally see different getaway or exchange properties than anyone else.
The only thing different for platinum members are platinum escapes that are offered a few times a year- not all the time.
If you don’t see a getaway someone else reported it’s because it has already been sold and no longer available. There is no trading power or anything involved with getaways- it’s all there for anyone.
When you say free members I assume you mean basic membership- it’s not really free, it’s included with destination club dues but others pay for it.

Last edited:

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Pamplemousse it has now switched to Platinum and there were more resorts in Aruba that I could not see before, like Renaissance and Surf Club! Can you see those? Yes basic members sorry. I am brain dead right now. Thanks for all your help!

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pamplemousse it has now switched to Platinum and there were more resorts in Aruba that I could not see before, like Renaissance and Surf Club! Can you see those? Yes basic members sorry. I am brain dead right now. Thanks for all your help!
I do see Renaissance and Surf Club- but not in April.
I see what capjak posted in #23 above.
Good luck.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If a getaway shows in your search and it says book it next to it you can book it.
I have just a basic membership so the interval member column is highlighted. I’ve never had a gold or platinum so I don’t know how that looks. But if it is there and available you can buy it.
Platinum membership just gets you a discount, it doesn’t show you different inventory except for those platinum escapes that come out a few times a year.
Platinum membership regularly provides early visibility of Getaways, as well as offering Standard and special discounts, free guest certificates...
Just this week, I received this offer

£115 Off Select Getaways!
Don’t miss the love during Interval’s ♥ Getaway Sale. Go somewhere tropical, plan a ski adventure, tour a cosmopolitan city, head to a theme park – the options are endless!​
You can travel now or later – the savings are still yours. And with Guest Certificates, you can share your love of travel with friends and family!​
Interval Gold and Interval Platinum members:
This offer is on top of your everyday Getaway discounts!​

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
Thank you both for commenting.
I looked at what was available from March to Oct 2021.
Not many nice places. I looked in Florida (not Orlando but most other places), Carribean, Malta, Austria, New England states, some in Arizona, California, Arizona. I did see 2 Marriotts,-Ocean Pointe Fl where I am staying for two nights in April and St. Kitts.

Caribbeanqueen: I noticed the time window you are looking in. You may find some Getaways that far out, but they will be either close to full price (above annial MF) or junk. There are some great Getaway deals to be had, but generally on short notice (60 days and under).

As an example, I was browsing earlier this week looking for a ski week the last week in March, 2020. I am flexible where I can go as I haven't booked flights yet. I spotted a 1 bedroom at Snowbird, UT for $377 for the week for the first week in April. That same unit is available through the resort for $400/night; unfortunately for me, I cant do that week owing to work commitments. For Snowbird that is a solid ski week at an unbelievable price. I noticed it was gone within a day. I will keep scrounging for a similiar deals the week earlier.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Thanks ski dad. I will keep checking. Maybe closer to May and June Ill find something thrown in, like I did Malta years ago.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
It’s the last thread on the forum. Bottom of the page. You need to be a member and signed in to see it. PS under your user name you are still listed as a guest. I would contact a moderator for help changing your status.
Thank you. I will do that.