• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Aunt's Timeshare and thanks for previous advice

Baggi

Reaction score
So, my aunt has two Wyndham Timeshares. One for 220,000 points and one for 210,000 points. The one for 220,000 is located in Kissimmee FL.

Because of the advice you all have here, she is going to use Ovations to give her timeshares back.

But my wife and I are thinking about getting the 220,000 point Kissimmee FL timeshare from her. It's about $1,600 a year which we think we can afford. Plus, she finally got log in information for the website and I logged in and looked at May of this year for Bonnet Creek (which is at Disney world) and it was just over 220,000 points for 11 days in May there for a 3 bedroom suite. Which we have used before (because my aunt is generous) and it was pretty awesome.

So, does anyone have a company we could use that doesn't cost too much to transfer her timeshare over to us so we can start making the payments? She will use Ovations for her 210,000 point timeshare and transfer the 220,000 one over to us.

Thanks for all the help! Such a great website.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
So, my aunt has two Wyndham Timeshares. One for 220,000 points and one for 210,000 points. The one for 220,000 is located in Kissimmee FL.

Because of the advice you all have here, she is going to use Ovations to give her timeshares back.

But my wife and I are thinking about getting the 220,000 point Kissimmee FL timeshare from her. It's about $1,600 a year which we think we can afford. Plus, she finally got log in information for the website and I logged in and looked at May of this year for Bonnet Creek (which is at Disney world) and it was just over 220,000 points for 11 days in May there for a 3 bedroom suite. Which we have used before (because my aunt is generous) and it was pretty awesome.

So, does anyone have a company we could use that doesn't cost too much to transfer her timeshare over to us so we can start making the payments? She will use Ovations for her 210,000 point timeshare and transfer the 220,000 one over to us.

Thanks for all the help! Such a great website.
LT Transfers is great. Right now everyone is using them and they are a bit delayed maybe a week or two behind their normal quick speed! But they are the best price and every reliable. Also know, if you keep the Orlando points you can’t trade into DVC. Something to think about owning in Orlando.

Baggi

Reaction score
LT Transfers is great. Right now everyone is using them and they are a bit delayed maybe a week or two behind their normal quick speed! But they are the best price and every reliable. Also know, if you keep the Orlando points you can’t trade into DVC. Something to think about owning in Orlando.
What do you mean if you keep the Orlando points you can't trade into DVC?

I know what DVC is and have heard it's hard to get anyway. But, why would I want to trade into DVC when I can just stay at Bonnet Creek?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
What do you mean if you keep the Orlando points you can't trade into DVC?

I know what DVC is and have heard it's hard to get anyway. But, why would I want to trade into DVC when I can just stay at Bonnet Creek?
You may want to stay in property.... availability in RCI does pop up.... just know you wouldn’t be able to exchange in RCI to stay in a Disney resort property with points that are deeded to Orlando. I own in Orlando at vistana and don’t always stay in the same resort. I’ve stayed at 4 different properties and have my favorite of them all

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
Also know, if you keep the Orlando points you can’t trade into DVC. Something to think about owning in Orlando.

This is not the case with Wyndham points (and most other timeshares that are point based). The points deposited into RCI are “blind” as to where they originated from. They are just points. So it does not matter where or what you own for exchange purposes.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
This is not the case with Wyndham points (and most other timeshares that are point based). The points deposited into RCI are “blind” as to where they originated from. They are just points. So it does not matter where or what you own for exchange purposes.
Really ? Ok that’s different that what others have told me based on RCI rules.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You could have your aunt add your name to that contract. No transfer fees.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
I have to pay transfer fees to add my son to one of our contracts. Now if we were out and out transferring ownership to him, there would be no fee using the Tribute program. Not sure if that would extend to an aunt/nephew situation but he should have his aunt check with title services to see.

Baggi

Reaction score
I called the suggested company. They said the first step is to get the deed. Because we don't know if the property was in her husband's name only or her and his name.

I went to Osceola County website but couldn't find the deed.

I looked up tax deeds or something.

Anyone know a solid way to look up Wyndham property deeds for points in Kissimmee FL?

Also, if her name isn't on the deed, then how can Wyndham be charging her? Couldn't she just show them proof her husband passed away and then tell them they can't charge her anymore?