• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New preference for Vistana owners when using II

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
Just received an email from Vistana saying that we owners now have preferred access to Marriott before other II exchangers.

Markus

winos2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV
SOUNDS GREAT! WILL WE PAY $159 FEE FOR SEARCH FOR MARRIOTTS AS WE DO FOR VISTANAS?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Im not familiar with how that works. How much time do you get before it opens to all or does it vary?

schenriq

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is good news. This will entice Vistana-owners-but-RCI-only-exchangers like myself to try II once again. Kudos II!

Disclaimer: Club Wyndham Program Fee pays for my RCI membership hence the low urgency to dip a 2nd time to my pocket for Interval membership.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
This is good news. This will entice Vistana-owners-but-RCI-only-exchangers like myself to try II once again. Kudos II!

Disclaimer: Club Wyndham Program Fee pays for my RCI membership hence the low urgency to dip a 2nd time to my pocket for Interval membership.
I just created a thread. So I’m looking for a possible RCI trader just for any DVC that pops up. Do you own vistana in RCI and II? Trying to figure out a low cost method of getting DVC weeks in RCI and still use II

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We g
SOUNDS GREAT! WILL WE PAY $159 FEE FOR SEARCH FOR MARRIOTTS AS WE DO FOR VISTANAS?
We got an email today quoting $55 to exchange to Marriott for Vistana owners in interval.

schenriq

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just created a thread. So I’m looking for a possible RCI trader just for any DVC that pops up. Do you own vistana in RCI and II? Trying to figure out a low cost method of getting DVC weeks in RCI and still use II

Yes, when logged-in @Vistana, I see both II and RCI membership #s for my SBP week and SDO week. Also, sent you a PM..

Danjos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and Sheraton oasis, Grandview
Just received an email from Vistana saying that we owners now have preferred access to Marriott before other II exchangers.

Markus
Does that include vistana resale owners?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Does that include vistana resale owners?
It includes all. This is priority through II exchanges. So as long as its vistana then yes it includes resale, mandatory, voluntary etc

Danjos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and Sheraton oasis, Grandview
It includes all. This is priority through II exchanges. So as long as its vistana then yes it includes resale, mandatory, voluntary etc
Thank you appreciate the info

toddvb20

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the info. This sounds like great news. I recently bought a SDO resale. One of the appealing aspects about the SDO was the strong VSE preference on II. My understanding is that you could possibly get into the Maui Westins if you deposit/make your request early enough. I realize that there has not been time to test it but do you think that the VSE preference will be extended to all VSE and MVC properties?

Thank you all again!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Thank you all for the info. This sounds like great news. I recently bought a SDO resale. One of the appealing aspects about the SDO was the strong VSE preference on II. My understanding is that you could possibly get into the Maui Westins if you deposit/make your request early enough. I realize that there has not been time to test it but do you think that the VSE preference will be extended to all VSE and MVC properties?

Thank you all again!
Yes VSE has priority over other interval members in MVC resorts but not the same priority as MVC in those resorts. MVC owners have priority in VSE over interval members but not over VSE owners. I have been able to pull Westin Maui with my SVV. I’m sure SDO has excellent trade power.

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I have never used II. What exactly does this mean. Will it be easier to say deposit ST. John, if I wanted to go to Aruba surf club? The people who own properties like this always go and I find that there is always limited options in II.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
So I have never used II. What exactly does this mean. Will it be easier to say deposit ST. John, if I wanted to go to Aruba surf club? The people who own properties like this always go and I find that there is always limited options in II.
My guess is you'd be better off to rent your st john week and get an Aruba week through a certificate, getaway, or some other way. At least we have always been told St John is easy to rent.