• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Assessment Fee is Double what was on estoppel

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
@cbyrne1174, @bobinmich

I think that's surrender to bad guys without even putting up even a pretense of a fight.
OP must demand the Closing firm fulfill its contractual obligations or pay liquidated damages.

He's in the driver's seat. The ball is in their court. He should wait until they play it. I bet they are more worried about this screw-up than he is.

Let them go after the seller. I bet they have him by his balls. Why else would he immediately agree to pay the past dues? I am sure he signed documents indemnifying the law firm from 'bad faith' lawsuits. Maximum pressure on the law firm is the way to go. They're not going to jeopardize their business for one crooked seller.

Making premature concessions is a bad way to negotiate, imo. Think as if you're bargaining in a bazaar! Art of the deal! ;)

Last edited:

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
The points chart for Sapphire shows that 154,000 points for week 27 shown on the estoppel is a 2-bed in either Fairway Forest or Foxhunt.
A reservation can now be made for that week, July 4, 2020 in Fairway Forest.

"A resort fee of $19.95 + tax per night will be charged upon check-in for all guests staying at Fairway Forest."

Today arp is not necessary to book it and lower mf fee points can be used.

It appears that it would be desirable to insist that the transaction be reversed.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
The points chart for Sapphire shows that 154,000 points for week 27 shown on the estoppel is a 2-bed in either Fairway Forest or Foxhunt.
A reservation can now be made for that week, July 4, 2020 in Fairway Forest.

"A resort fee of $19.95 + tax per night will be charged upon check-in for all guests staying at Fairway Forest."

Today arp is not necessary to book it and lower mf fee points can be used.

It appears that it would be desirable to insist that the transaction be reversed.

I don't see the relevance of the ARP/availability status on the converted fixed week to this conversation. I own a converted fixed week for its low MFs and have no interest in staying in it during its particular fixed week.

It seems to me that that the maintenance fees on this prime converted fixed week are well below average and it's a week worth holding onto, if possible. If only the actual assessment was due this year (instead of the tacked-on MF from a previous year), that rate would be in the neighborhood of $5.20/k inclusive of program fee. (That seems to track with this post from a previous MF thread.) I'd take a minor headache (assuming at least some compensation) in 2020 to keep that maintenance fee for the long term. I'd fight to get fair compensation, but only as a last resort would I try to get it reversed.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Lord I am tired. So after talking to over 10 people this is a breakdown of what has happened. In 2018 the sellers were given a gift or credit something and they were to pay for this in 2019 and failed to so the have passed that debt on to me. Wyndham states the seller is very aware of the fee as they were the ones that put off paying it until 2020 then sold. Another issue I found was the points for this year had already been used come to find the seller moved the point to RCI leaving me with no points for 2020. So I was left with their debt and no points and expected to pay both their debt as fees. After being on the phone over two hours, I hung up with them and emailed Express and they contacted the sellers who I guess admitted they didn’t pay and that they took the points. They are now sending the closing firm a check for the fees and said they will get a form to transfer me the points RCI. But I have no idea how RCI even works and was told if I just leave it for a year it will convert back to points but that still leaves me without usage for 2020. So now I’m going to research RCI I guess.
Put the sellers on blast so the rest of us don’t buy from them if they have anymore they are trying to unload.