• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

System Updates for Your Website

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
On Wednesday, January 22nd, your owner website will be unavailable starting at 12 a.m. ET as we make updates to your to your online experience. Plan accordingly!!!:mad:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
We've enjoyed as many updates to our online experiences as we can stand. (Hat tip to Porter Wagoner)

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
The last time, they added the “search for alternative options” button which is handy. Maybe we will get something else handy?

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Such as Portland, Oregon as an alternative option to Newport, RI as @Sandi Bo found out! Very handy! :D

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
In progress, as scheduled!

Hold tight, we’ll be back.
We’re currently in the process of updating our systems. Thank you for your patience as we continue to upgrade your online experience.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
We're holding tight! So tight we're turning blue!
But please don't hold back and tell us what incredible new experiences we will experience!
Curious minds and the bodies attached thereto are literally dying to know! :)

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Such as Portland, Oregon as an alternative option to Newport, RI as @Sandi Bo found out! Very handy! :D

If there was not thing in the Northeast area available, it was probably looking for something with similar features. Maybe the climates are similar or the resort has similar features. There could be any number of reasons it choose something on the other side of the country.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still long for the "good ole days" when the previous website would instantaneously provide you with a list of first available dates at all resorts. Now you have to slowly and methodically scroll through each resort, month-by-month, in hopes of finding an available date. This is an extremely tedious and time-consuming process compared to the previous website. Wyndham executives, if you are listening, we are coming up on year #3 of the "new" website. I think we have been patient enough.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still long for the "good ole days" when the website would instantaneously provide you with a list of first available dates at all resorts. Now you have to slowly and methodically scroll through each resort, month-by-month, in hopes of finding an available date. This is an extremely tedious and time-consuming process compared to the previous website. Wyndham executives, if you are listening, we are coming up on year #3 of the "new" website. I think we have been patient enough.
That's by design to slow things down and hinder the mega renters. Wyndham already have your money so a more efficient doesn't benefit them.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If there was not thing in the Northeast area available, it was probably looking for something with similar features. Maybe the climates are similar or the resort has similar features. There could be any number of reasons it choose something on the other side of the country.
LOL, we'll know what goes inside that black box, will we?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
That's by design to slow things down and hinder the mega renters. Wyndham already have your money so a more efficient doesn't benefit them.
The only mega renter left standing after the cleanup job Wyndham did, is Wyndham itself. Having an efficient system just doesn't appear to be a priority to them.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Maybe I’ve been working to much, but I’m not picking up what your dropping. Black box?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Maybe I’ve been working to much, but I’m not picking up what your dropping. Black box?
Sorry, maybe a non-technical term for us IT folks? Whenever there is an unknown part a system where we really don't know what's going on. You provide input to the black box, and voila you receive output as needed. But no-one can really explain how it worked.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I still long for the "good ole days" when the previous website would instantaneously provide you with a list of first available dates at all resorts. Now you have to slowly and methodically scroll through each resort, month-by-month, in hopes of finding an available date. This is an extremely tedious and time-consuming process compared to the previous website. Wyndham executives, if you are listening, we are coming up on year #3 of the "new" website. I think we have been patient enough.

The old website had its own deficiencies. It was not perfect by any means and lacked features people were asking for like the ability to book ARP reservations. Or being able to book 24 hours a day. It was not mobile friendly at all. The feature you talk about was nice, but I like looking at the availability calendar. The old feature required some tweaking if the first available was in March, but I couldn’t travel until July. About the same amount of time it does for me to search for availability now. The site moves just fine for me. Could be that I usually access it on my phone and not computer. I rarely access it from a computer. The new site is not perfect by any means, but the “good old days” were not that great. I’ll take being able to book after hours and ARP reservations over the old site anyway.

Have you searched by city or state? You still have to choose a date, but I venture to guess that the majority of us have our dates narrowed down for the most part due to us having to plan around work and school schedules. It doesn’t take me long to search the month of August in Orlando where there are several resorts. Maybe 5 minutes, if I search each week individually. Again, the mobile site is fairly fast.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Sorry, maybe a non-technical term for us IT folks? Whenever there is an unknown part a system where we really don't know what's going on. You provide input to the black box, and voila you receive output as needed. But no-one can really explain how it worked.

That’s a new one to me, and I’ve been working on IT for over 20 years. Lol. Makes sense though.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

I think you missed a key word: LOL, we'll never know what goes inside that black box, will we?

:)

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose you are right. It is just another example how a few (mega renters) can abuse the system and hurt us all. The "first available date" feature was great if you weren't "tied" to booking at a specific resort on an exact date. Instead, if you were flexible, you could do an "opportunity search" and quickly discover the first available dates at all Wyn. resorts. In less than 60 seconds you could scan availability across the entire chain, make a selection and book it. If they bring back that feature I may have to take back all the "less than complementary things" I said (and thought) about the "new" website.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do pages load faster? Or am I imagining it?

@Richelle

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Do pages load faster? Or am I imagining it?

@Richelle

Your question and your link together make no sense.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I remember the old system vaguely from 2017. IIRC, it was patterned after the RCI search scheme. I do remember it being very cumbersome with no visibility as to detailed availability at a particular resort. I never did use my points in 2017. It's still rotting in RCI awaiting expiry in August 2020.
The new Frontend is much better but it could be faster. I wish I could just specify the booking month instead of specific dates and go to that month's availability right away. There's no need to build the entire availability calendar before the page loads.

I almost never specify check-in/check-out dates in the booking dialog on the landing page. It's a complete waste of time for me when it tells my dates are not available and directs me to search all dates. Then it takes forever to load and starts me off in the current month and it takes forever again to load the month I want.

Instead, if they only provided the booking month the landing page dialog and it shows me the availability for that month, it would save me many useless steps and REDUCE the load on the system by avoiding pointless queries. Alternatively, if my check-in/check-dates are not available, just load that month with a message that my dates are not available. Why go through all the useless steps that cost me time and loads the system unnecessarily. Every query that is pointless is a cost to the system.

A lot of such small improvements would enhance the user experience, imo.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I remember the old system vaguely from 2017. IIRC, it was patterned after the RCI search scheme. I do remember it being very cumbersome with no visibility as to detailed availability at a particular resort. I never did use my points in 2017. It's still rotting in RCI awaiting expiry in August 2020.
The new Frontend is much better but it could be faster. I wish I could just specify the booking month instead of specific dates and go to that month's availability right away. There's no need to build the entire availability calendar before the page loads.

I almost never specify check-in/check-out dates in the booking dialog on the landing page. It's a complete waste of time for me when it tells my my dates are not available and directs me to serach all dates. Then it takes forever to load and starts me off in the current month and it takes forever again to load the month I want.

Instead, if they only provided the booking month the landing page dialog and it shows me the availability for that month, it would save me many useless steps and REDUCE the load on the system by avoiding pointless queries.

A lot of such small improvements would enhance the user experience, imo.

Agreed that there are areas that need improvement. The mobile site is pretty fast to load, but likely because it has lower overhead. The few times I used the desktop site, it moved just fine with the exception of that one time I had issues with booking Kingsgate. I just remembered that one. Happened on the mobile site too. Otherwise, the only time it was slow for me is when I searched the entire south region and didn’t specify a unit type. They took away region search which I was disappointed in. Obviously they think there are still improvements that need to be made, or else they wouldn’t have system maintenance. Whether the improvements work or not, is a whole other story. I do think they are slowly getting better with their releases, but still far from perfect. They don’t have as many instances where the “fix” actually broke something. I have not noticed one of those in awhile, but I may have missed it if it did happen recently.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Many of these small improvements don't require major projects and big budgets and will produce maximum bang for the buck in terms of improving speed, reducing load and enhancing user experience. I am sure they can easily analyze their web traffic and quantify the number of 'wasted queries' that didn't result in a reservation but just annoyed the user and wasted the system resources.