• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Legacy Adventures Inc.

AgelessTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
I'm watching an ebay listing for a platinum unit and I sent the seller a message asking if they would give me the unit number. The seller responded that she would have to ask her boss if she could give me the unit number and then proceeded to ask my why I needed it. I explained to her that I want to confirm it's a platinum week before I bid. This is two days ago and I have not heard back. The listing ends tomorrow. They are fairly new on ebay and don't have a lot of feedback, but what they have is 100%. I'm a little worried to bid because when I searched their name I found some negative posts about them.

Has anyone had recent experience with this company? Should I stay away?

Their ebay name is Timesharediscounts

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We dealt with them in October of 2016 and had no problems with the three deeds we got through them.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since an eBay auction on any real estate matter (including timeshares) is non-binding, why not just "snipe" bid exactly what you are willing to pay (temporarily assuming the "platinum" claim to be correct) if this auction is ending soon?

If you "win" the auction but missing details are not provided (and then verified) before it's time to actually sign a contract and pony up money, it is your right and prerogative to simply not proceed further and walk away, without consequences.

None of my business or concern, but what does unit number have to do with "platinum" status anyhow?
Isn't it the week (i.e., not the unit) that determines any such status --- in any timeshare system? :ponder:

Last edited:

AgelessTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
Since an eBay auction on any real estate matter (including timeshares) is non-binding, why not just "snipe" bid what you are willing to pay (temporarily assuming the "platinum" claim to be correct) if this auction is ending soon?

If you "win" the auction but missing details are not provided (and then verified) before it's time to actually sign a contract and pony up money, it is your right and prerogative to simply not proceed further and walk away, without consequences.

None of my business or concern, but what does unit number have to do with "platinum" status anyhow?
Isn't it the week (i.e., not the unit) that determines any such status --- in any timeshare system? :ponder:

That's a good point, i can verify the details before I pay. The unit number for this resort will indicate whether it is a platinum weeks. The resort is a floating week so the assigned week doesn't make a difference. I'm going to bid and if I get it I will ask for the estoppel. Without the estoppel I won't proceed.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Thank you. How long did it take to close?

It took just a little over 3 months for the Wyndham deeds but they are slow. Our Grandview Las Vegas deed didn't take as long.

Carlson

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had a disastrous experience with www.legacyadventuresinc.com We purchased a timeshare on E-Bay back in September only to find that Legacy Adventures has a poor understanding of title transfer. They failed to ensure clear title and ended up drafting a deed to us from a non-existent owner. Now they want us to sign a deed to cancel the incorrect deed they prepared and have not yet agreed to refund the purchase price. We only found out about the error when contacting Marriott to see why the transfer was not complete. When the company was confronted with the error they misrepresented facts argued with me that they did not realize the title was not clear. Making sure title is clear is an integral part of the sales process. The timeshare was represented as free and clear. It is amazing that a company taking a fee to prepare the transfer documents has no understanding of its obligation to be sure the chain of title is correct and clear when preparing deeds under the circumstances. Stay Away from this company. The current information for this company is: Legacy Adventures Inc., 25010 Oakhurst Dr Ste 100, Spring, TX 77386, tel 888.336.1040. I intend to report this company to the local District Attorney, the Better Business Bureau, E-Bay and timeshare regulatory agencies. I am posting this email to warn others about our experience. Hope this helps someone.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience is that virtually none of the timeshare closing companies do a title search to be sure that the chain of title is clear. This is why I always do a title search before the transfer is done. Most just get a copy of the current owner's title and an estoppel letter from the resort management confirming ownership and that fees are current but if there was a problem in the chain of title before the current owner came along, this will not catch the problem. One example is a previous owner might have put the title into a trust and then sold it and conveyed title individually because they didn't tell the closing company or resort management that it had been put into a trust. Net result is nothing got conveyed and the trust still legally owns the property.

Lowbud

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Resorts, The Royal Cancun, The Royal Sands, The Royal Haciendas
Westgate Smokey Mountain
Vacation village Weston
Grandview Las Vegas
I picked up a westgate smoky mountain from them earlier this year. No issues at all.. Somehow luck was on my side and the unit slipped through the crack and the ROFR was waived.. I know, everyone poo poo's westgate.. but this resort is a quick getaway for me so being a resale owner doesn't hurt me at all..

YMMV!

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had a disastrous experience with www.legacyadventuresinc.com

Stay Away from this company. The current information for this company is: Legacy Adventures Inc., 25010 Oakhurst Dr Ste 100, Spring, TX 77386, tel 888.336.1040. I am posting this email to warn others about our experience. Hope this helps someone.

Exactly my sentiments about this company.

I'm glad there are those with good experiences; you were probably fortunate. I'm sure there are many who have had no issues with this company. But I also believe there are many who have been on the short-end of the stick. Myself included. Their motto: If it works out; great. If not, too bad.

Be warned.

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
I'm watching an ebay listing for a platinum unit and I sent the seller a message asking if they would give me the unit number. The seller responded that she would have to ask her boss if she could give me the unit number and then proceeded to ask my why I needed it. I explained to her that I want to confirm it's a platinum week before I bid. This is two days ago and I have not heard back. The listing ends tomorrow. They are fairly new on ebay and don't have a lot of feedback, but what they have is 100%. I'm a little worried to bid because when I searched their name I found some negative posts about them.

Has anyone had recent experience with this company? Should I stay away?

Their ebay name is Timesharediscounts

I bought from them twice. the first time they contacted me about a match they had for a want to buy add I had on tug. the second time I bought points for inn season they had advertised. both times went very smooth.

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark
We dealt with them in October of 2016 and had no problems with the three deeds we got through them.

FWIW, I got two deeds from them this August, purchased at end of April 2019, so roughly 4.5 months.

Agoldsc1

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a timeshare from them but they want payment in full immediately. I offered to put up a deposit and pay the balance upon closing, and even to put the entire amount in escrow with their own title company, but they refuse. I think that something is fishy here so I'm holding off.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I'm interested in buying a timeshare from them but they want payment in full immediately. I offered to put up a deposit and pay the balance upon closing, and even to put the entire amount in escrow with their own title company, but they refuse. I think that something is fishy here so I'm holding off.

I've bought 10 timeshares, 4 of them through Legacy, and paid in full up front for all of them. There is nothing fishy about it.

Agoldsc1

Reaction score
I've bought 10 timeshares, 4 of them through Legacy, and paid in full up front for all of them. There is nothing fishy about it.
Is this common practice? How do you know that you are getting what you bargained for? What if they transfer you title to a stripped contract or a contract with years' worth of MFs owing?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
It is a very common practice. But I'm not giving my money to just anyone without doing some checking first. Also if I were buying directly from the owner not a reseller I would be doing it only through LT Transfers as the closing company. No closing company should be releasing any profit or reimbursement for maintenance fees to the seller until the transfer is completed.

The resellers I've dealt with guarantee a clean deed. You can request that they provide you with an estoppel letter done by the resort which should state that the maintenance fees are up to date and there are no special assessments owed.

It typically doesn't take much time to get the deed transferred to your name which is why they collect the full amount. What does take time is for the resort or the timeshare system to get it transferred to your account in their system.

Most resellers now take either a credit card or PayPal. I wouldn't pay by check but some people do. I also stick to resellers I've used before or ones that other people I know have used. I look at the seller's history on eBay and how long they've belonged.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have used them twice before, slow but no problems. They asked for the money up front both times. I never buy a unit (from any seller) unless I am okay losing the money at stake. That being said I have probably bought about 18 units over the years from various sellers and only twice did it not go through, but I got my money back.

All these people make their real money from the sellers who are desperate to get rid of them. So I would not worry about it being a scam, they want the transfer to finish so they can get the seller funds.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
I purchased through them and no issue. Closing happened very quickly.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I’ve not had good experiences with them, but what they are asking is not uncommon. I do not believe they are scammers because many have reported good experiences. I think that they have lost some good people that knew what they were doing, and the ones remaining are having a hard time. It’s not just me either. I watched another owner go through bad experiences at the same time I’ve been dealing with mine. I’m still waiting for my resale to go through. It’s been nine months.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve not had good experiences with them, but what they are asking is not uncommon. I do not believe they are scammers because many have reported good experiences. I think that they have lost some good people that knew what they were doing, and the ones remaining are having a hard time. It’s not just me either. I watched another owner go through bad experiences at the same time I’ve been dealing with mine. I’m still waiting for my resale to go through. It’s been nine months.
Definitely one of the downsides of the resale market that some of the brokers out there are not necessarily scammers but poorly run companies that can screw things up and cause major delays. I would say there are as many good ones as bad ones so it's a roll of the dice. Depending on the unit at stake I might take a risk on a known screw up company but if it's not a must have unit I'd probably pass if it was with Legacy or similar.

llg4294

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Simpson Bay
I have not been able to contact Legacy Adventures. Are they out of business?