• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summit Watch room request?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

We are visiting Summit Watch for a ski weekend soon, and not sure if room request matters -- are they all the same? Or is there a preferred wing/floor/etc? Please advise and thank you!

Best,

Greg

Travel1

Reaction score
Stayed there back in 2018, but not an expert on all the room locations. I would ask for an unit facing the mountains or the village. I believe there are units that are on the main road that leads up to the mountain and other parts of the town...the road can be busy at times and you might here some of the traffic.

Nice resort...you should have a great time!

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Some of the rooms are smaller and it was enough to be noticeable both in the kitchen/living room as well as the bedrooms. There are 6 buildings. The Lodge (where the check in desk is) and Ontario (connected) have the larger units. I believe that the buildings across, Wasatch and Pioneer, also have the larger units. Alpine and, I believe, Silver Nugget have the smaller ones.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
All,

We are visiting Summit Watch for a ski weekend soon, and not sure if room request matters -- are they all the same? Or is there a preferred wing/floor/etc? Please advise and thank you!

Best,

Greg

Greg, this past June we stayed in the Wasatch building, which is across the interior of the resort from the lobby in The Lodge building. Our 1BR unit faced Main Street and overlooked the mountain and lift. I had read some reports that units on that side of the resort can be noisy, but was told by the staff that a bar that used to be located nearby was no longer in operation, so noise wasn't an issue. We would agree with that assessment based on our experience. Overall, we enjoyed the resort and staying in town and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Have a great time.

Best regards.

Mike

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stay there every year- I will be back in a couple of weeks. I have 2 units the week of Feb 2. I just got an II exchange for the second unit today. I find the best locations are the Lodge or Ontario building facing the plaza. They are connected and the door at the end of the Ontario building is close to the pool. You do not want units facing Deer Valley Drive. The Wasatch building can be noisy as it is above some bars and restaurants. Pioneer building is my third choice, either facing the plaza or if you want a view facing Heber Ave, which is a little noisier.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be in Park City from Jan 19 till Feb 8 so if anyone else is in town let me know. At Mountainside the first week then have lodging while I work for the Sundance Film Festival then a week at Summit Watch.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Thank you all for the replies, we are looking forward to the trip!

Best,

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All,

We just returned from Summit Watch -- it was a terrific weekend place to stay. As others have highlighted, it is fantastic to be right in the middle of town, easy walk to shops and restaurants. We were in Building 5 (Alpine) which was easiest access out to the bridge across to the Town Lift. We loved the restaurant Buona Vita which couldn't have been more than 20 steps from our building exit -- great location.

We did have street noise from the service trucks that were emptying garbage cans on Main Street -- this was noted from TUGgers about possible street noise and it was pretty evident on Monday morning (at 2 - 4 am). I think it's interesting that Alpine Building has the smaller units -- we were actually pretty impressed with the size of the units and I will be very curious to try the larger units in the other buildings.

On next visit, I would follow Carlsbadguy's suggestion and request any of the buildings that face the inner courtyard (and not either Main Street or Deer Valley Drive), preferring Lodge or Ontario.

From a pure ski perspective, we took the shuttle over to Park City Mountain Resort both days -- we had a private lesson for Jack (and me) and rented our gear from PCMR. Very easy to access the bus system and mountain but next year we will rent gear in town and take the Town Lift. It was a great trip and looking forward to the next one!

Best,

Greg

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
All,

We just returned from Summit Watch -- it was a terrific weekend place to stay. As others have highlighted, it is fantastic to be right in the middle of town, easy walk to shops and restaurants. We were in Building 5 (Alpine) which was easiest access out to the bridge across to the Town Lift. We loved the restaurant Buona Vita which couldn't have been more than 20 steps from our building exit -- great location.

We did have street noise from the service trucks that were emptying garbage cans on Main Street -- this was noted from TUGgers about possible street noise and it was pretty evident on Monday morning (at 2 - 4 am). I think it's interesting that Alpine Building has the smaller units -- we were actually pretty impressed with the size of the units and I will be very curious to try the larger units in the other buildings.

On next visit, I would follow Carlsbadguy's suggestion and request any of the buildings that face the inner courtyard (and not either Main Street or Deer Valley Drive), preferring Lodge or Ontario.

From a pure ski perspective, we took the shuttle over to Park City Mountain Resort both days -- we had a private lesson for Jack (and me) and rented our gear from PCMR. Very easy to access the bus system and mountain but next year we will rent gear in town and take the Town Lift. It was a great trip and looking forward to the next one!

Best,

Greg

Greg, glad to hear you all enjoyed the trip and resort. We don’t ski, but really enjoyed our time there this past June. We are planning another summer getaway there for this year and look forward to it.

Best regards.

Mike

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We are going to spend a week at Summit Watch in September and I can give a perspective that I will update after our trip.

We visited in June 2018 and LOVED the resort. We traded in through II and ended up in the Ontario building, at the end close to the Lodge building and facing Deer Valley Rd. which we really, really liked. The desk manager was kind enough to show us a couple of other rooms first that had unappealing views- to us - lots of buildings. We were probably on the second floor of Ontario and did not find the noise a problem at all. We loved looking straight out at trees and found it lovely, quiet and peaceful. There may be higher floors that carry noise more? Our top priority in hotels is a quiet room, and we weren't playing TV or loud music so we may have gotten by a group of trees that blocked road noise. It also was off season so that may have been a factor also.

We would love the same room again and plan to ask for that building. Will report back on where we end up! Here is the property map for reference: Summit Watch Property Map.

Last edited:

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going there in 3 weeks. Just got my "plan your trip" email and I followed the advice given here and requested the Lodge or Ontario building. TBD what we get. We have 2 2bedroom units.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We are going there in 3 weeks. Just got my "plan your trip" email and I followed the advice given here and requested the Lodge or Ontario building. TBD what we get. We have 2 2bedroom units.

And if you don't care for the room you are given for any reason, they were very accommodating about helping find a more suitable one. The map shows quite clearly what each room looks at. In some earlier posts I read about Summit Watch there were complaints about the road noise on the Deer Valley side of those building but we weren't bothered by it at all, and really appreciated looking at trees rather than buildings.