• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Silver Lake Resort (Awesome TPUs generator in RCI) in Orlando Area / Nearby Disney's Animal Kingdom Park

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Free Silver Lake Resort in Orlando Area / Nearby Disney's Animal Kingdom Park.

It's an Awesome TPUs generator in RCI.

It is a yearly ownership of a 3 bedroom lock-off, into a 2 bed unit and a 1 bed unit. For 2020 I received 78 TPUs when I deposited both units separately. MFs for 2020 were $1045.58, which included everything. MFs have gone up only about $31 over the past 5 years (It was $1015 for four years before increasing this year to about $1046) and there's been no special assessments.

This ownership would also be great for someone interested in:
- staying in one side and depositing the other
OR
- renting either side while staying
OR
- renting both sides.

You DO NOT have to have the same check in dates for both sides. There is NO FEE for locking off.

Very flexible ownership. Silver Lake also often offers owner special deals for CHEAP if you are willing to go to an owner update.

New owner to pay resort transfer fees and closing costs. LT Transfers is the best and cheapest closing company around.

I love this Silver Lake unit, but unfortunately I don't have enough vacation time as I currently own too many timeshares, and don't have enough time to use all the weeks I own. I am swimming in unused TPUs that will last me for a long while. I usually get 3-4 weeks trades for this one week 3-bedroom unit ownership easily in RCI. One year I even traded for 6 weeks total in RCI for this one week Silver Lake Ownership.

I recommend whoever takes this have lots of vacation weeks, or your TPUs will build up quickly.

Please PM me or post if interested!

Edit to Add: Your first usage and MF due will in be 2021 (as I already paid 2020 MF's and deposited 2020 units into RCI already) . You can prepay 2021 and make the 2021 units deposit.

Thanks,
Great3

Last edited:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
BUMP: This is one of the better TPUs for the MFs RCI timeshare out there. There are some others that beat it, but not by much.

Last edited:

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
is this a silver or gold crown unit?
also what week number or is it strictly RCI points?

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a prime platinum week, Week 30 floating. In the RCI directory, it's Silver Lake Resort #2610, which RCI list as a Gold Crown Resort.

Units are not separately gold or silver crown, the whole resort is either listed as being Gold or Silver Crown or having no crown distinction.

This unit is in RCI Weeks system (with TPU's), not RCI points (if you choose to join RCI system for trading). The Resort is itself is very nice if you like Orlando area.

Great3

Last edited:

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked at RCI availability at this resort and am quite puzzled. A late Apr 3 BR (sleeps 10/10) gets a 24 TPU..but a 1 BR (4/4) the same week gets an eighteen.

A 1 BR at an earlier June week gets lower teens. A 1 BR one week thereafter gets a 30 (!!!???). One week ends and another begins...same unit size...and the TPUs explode like that? That type of thing. There's no rhyme or reason.

And the rental rates for a seven day stay are among the lowest I've ever seen offered at less than less than $700 or less than $600 or less than $500 or less than $400 (!!!). When it's a dirt cheap rental rate, why use so many TPUs to exchange into that resort? Who would use up so many points and, on top of that, pay a $239 exchange fee?

In contrast, you'll have to "pay" a 28 or so to get a 2 BR week at Holiday Inn Cape Canaveral....but alternatively have to pay $1500 for it through RCI. So there seems to be a quite different TPU to rental price ratio at Silver Lake.

Puzzling. There must be some tricks of the trade to achieve a 76. It looks like you can just as easily get a 35 or so, even if depositing the 2 BR and the 1 BR separately.

How to get a 76?

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
The trick is Silver Lake Resort is one of the few resort that let's you pick which week you want to deposit (think Peak Holiday Weeks). You don't have to deposit the week you own, you can deposit what is within your floating weeks. Of course, to deposit Peak Holiday Weeks, you must own a Prime Week, and only certain weeks are consider Prime Weeks at Silver Lake Resort.

I will teach the new Owner all the tips and tricks, just PM me if you are truly interested in the details.

I get 41 TPUs for my 2 bedrooms deposit and 37 TPUs for my 1 bedroom deposit for a total of 78 TPUs (41 + 37). The Biggest Value of this unit is for trading out in RCI, it can get you many weeks.

If you look at this thread: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/highest-rci-tpu-mf-ratio.240600/ , you will see Silver Lake mentioned as getting high TPUs. So yeah, there is a few tricks that can be taught to the new owner.

Great3

Last edited:

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am really interested- enough to do a little more research....

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am really interested- enough to do a little more research....

No problem, please take your time. I understand the need to do more research before committing. I want you to be comfortable to know this is right for you and your family if you do end up deciding you are interested.

PM me if you have additional questions, but I may be slow to response as I am going on a vacation trip starting tomorrow for a while.

Thanks,
Great3

Last edited:

chad.burrus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The trick is Silver Lake Resort is one of the few resort that let's you pick which week you want to deposit (think Peak Holiday Weeks). You don't have to deposit the week you own, you can deposit what is within your floating weeks. Of course, to deposit Peak Holiday Weeks, you must own a Prime Week, and only certain weeks are consider Prime Weeks at Silver Lake Resort.

I will teach the new Owner all the tips and tricks, just PM me if you are truly interested in the details.

I get 41 TPUs for my 2 bedrooms deposit and 37 TPUs for my 1 bedroom deposit for a total of 78 TPUs (41 + 37). The Biggest Value of this unit is for trading out in RCI, it can get you many weeks.

If you look at this thread: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/highest-rci-tpu-mf-ratio.240600/ , you will see Silver Lake mentioned as getting high TPUs. So yeah, there is a few tricks that can be taught to the new owner.

Great3

I may be interested in this as well. We own a week at Silver Lake now (two bedroom that sleeps 8 in July) and like the resort. We are getting rid of another time share and are looking to replace it. How much would the transfer fees and closing costs? How many does the 3 bedroom sleep?

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I may be interested in this as well. We own a week at Silver Lake now (two bedroom that sleeps 8 in July) and like the resort. We are getting rid of another time share and are looking to replace it. How much would the transfer fees and closing costs? How many does the 3 bedroom sleep?

Sorry for the delayed response, but I just got back into the country last night. Transfer fees were $250 many years back, I don't know if it changed, so I will call Silver Lake Resort sometime this week and find out. I think LT Transfer was around $150 or so last time, that's who I used before and recommend.

I own the 3-bedroom C/D units which sleeps 12 people (8 people on the 2-bedroom side and 4 people in the 1 bedroom side).

Great3

Last edited:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bump, Silver Lake Resort Timeshare still available...

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bump, Silver Lake Resort Timeshare still available... Now is the time if you are interested, to get the best available TPU's....

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally bumping again... Due to the pandemic when everything shut down, I kept this timeshare two more years, and got even more TPU's. I am up to 262 total remaining TPU's now. This year, the 2022 MF Fee dues were $1055.51, and I got 86 total TPUs (45 TPUs for the 2-bedroom side, and 41 TPUs for the 1-bedroom side), making it a cost / TPU of ~$12.28 / TPU, very good for trading value. Since 2020 when I first posted, the MF dues has gone up only about $10 total for a 3-bedroom unit over two years timeframe. I would keep this timeshare if I had enough vacation times in a year to use them all.

Now that it seems like things are pretty much opened back up, and people are traveling, I am now once again offering this Silver Lake Timeshare, but buyer needs to cover transfer fees and closing cost with own choice of title company. I used LT Transfer last time and recommend to use them this time as well. Your first use would be for 2023, and first MF due would be 2023 as well, as I already paid the 2022 MF dues, and deposited in RCI already. PM if interested.

Great3

Last edited:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the endorsement, it's nice resort if you always want to go to the Orlando area. My problem is I don't like going to any one area / place yearly, so I used everything I own as a trader, either internally trading like HGVC, or exchange externally via RCI and II.

As a 3-bedroom unit, it's great for family gathering at Orlando. It's a good value for the Resort, Unit Size, etc for the MF dues. However, I say the real magic is the truly great Trading Power with the number of TPUs you can get if you don't want to use for the year.

Great3