• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The rise and fall of Bed Bath & Beyond, one of America's most iconic big box retailers

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just like Walmart put most small hardware stores, clothing stores, and mom and pop grocers out of business in rural America, Amazon is putting the big box stores out of business today. I don't need to touch and feel a lot of what I buy, and it's real easy when I just need to get it off of my front porch.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Just like Walmart put most small hardware stores, clothing stores, and mom and pop grocers out of business in rural America, Amazon is putting the big box stores out of business today. I don't need to touch and feel a lot of what I buy, and it's real easy when I just need to get it off of my front porch.

Well, yesterday, I did have to get mine off my neighbor’s porch again, but I know what you mean.

Harry

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I still shop at Bed Bath & Beyond, both in the store and online. I can use my 20% off coupons AND get it delivered to my door.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO, online shopping is one of the major causes of so many retail stores closing..

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, yesterday, I did have to get mine off my neighbor’s porch again, but I know what you mean.

Harry
LOL, the delivery driver must work for the USPS. Our Amazon delivery drivers have never made that can of mistake.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LOL, the delivery driver must work for the USPS. Our Amazon delivery drivers have never made that can of mistake.
This was actually the Amazon driver. I did get a question if my delivery was ok and I was able to inform them it was delivered to the wrong address.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was actually the Amazon driver. I did get a question if my delivery was ok and I was able to inform them it was delivered to the wrong address.
Thanks you for sharing the correct information. Our Amazon service have always been excellent. They have never lost a package or delivered a package to the wrong address. I guess we have been Bless.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks you for sharing the correct information. Our Amazon service have always been excellent. They have never lost a package or delivered a package to the wrong address. I guess we have been Bless.
We've had all of them (USPS, UPS and Amazon) deliver to one of our neighbors at times. It doesn’t happen that often and everyone makes mistakes so it’s not that big of a deal. I do really like that the Amazon drivers now take the pictures of the package at the door so you can tell which house it was left at.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still shop at Bed Bath & Beyond, both in the store and online. I can use my 20% off coupons AND get it delivered to my door.
Don't count Bed Bath & Beyond down and out just yet. ;)

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Other than going to Target, I just can't stand shopping. I don't even like online that much, but it's better than shopping in real life. Our local BB&B is, and always has been, a hot mess. It's a jumble of items in the aisles, and even the areas with specific items (i.e. the bedding area, the bathroom area) are usually messy. It does not make me want to buy anything. The merchandise looks cheap. The slides at the end of the article looked very familiar to me. I think that BB&B needs less merchandise displayed in a more pleasing way. Think Pottery Barn and/or Williams Sonoma. But since I go there about once a year, I probably shouldn't complain :D . This post is literally my 2 cents.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I use to always shop at BB&B, years ago. It was the go to place to find higher end or hard to find items. Now I go occasionally. @klpca is right, it is a hot mess, even the good merchandise looks cheap.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Other than going to Target, I just can't stand shopping. I don't even like online that much, but it's better than shopping in real life. Our local BB&B is, and always has been, a hot mess. It's a jumble of items in the aisles, and even the areas with specific items (i.e. the bedding area, the bathroom area) are usually messy. It does not make me want to buy anything. The merchandise looks cheap. The slides at the end of the article looked very familiar to me. I think that BB&B needs less merchandise displayed in a more pleasing way. Think Pottery Barn and/or Williams Sonoma. But since I go there about once a year, I probably shouldn't complain :D . This post is literally my 2 cents.

Most Bed Bath & Beyond stores were really poorly run and poorly managed, to say the least. The one smart idea the company had was to convince Mark Tritton to take over the helm. He's the gentleman who shook up Target, implementing the exact operational improvements needed to turn that store around when many doubted it could be.