• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Resale wait times?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I called on Tuesday and they asked for the current owners name. Still only told me 2-3 more weeks.

Fingers crossed that it’s soon.

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
Wyndham has HAD my paperwork since SEPT 25....STILL WAITING! Yes, I have called several times. When I called Dec 19/20 they said they would put a "rush" on it.......um......YA THINK?????

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
Received my resale points today...Wydham had had the paperwork since Sept 25th!!!! yes, it took THAT long....Dec 19th I called, they said they would "put a rush on it, it would be done within 10 days".....yup.....OK.....Today Jan 15th, points were there.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Received my resale points today...Wydham had had the paperwork since Sept 25th!!!! yes, it took THAT long....Dec 19th I called, they said they would "put a rush on it, it would be done within 10 days".....yup.....OK.....Today Jan 15th, points were there.
Congrats!!! Did you ask them to rush it or did they volunteer to do that?

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
They volunteered...only after they gave me the "8-12 weeks" thing....I told them they have ALREADY had it 12 weeks...then they said they would put a "rush" on it...they said it would be done within ten days. That was 27 days ago.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They volunteered...only after they gave me the "8-12 weeks" thing....I told them they have ALREADY had it 12 weeks...then they said they would put a "rush" on it...they said it would be done within ten days. That was 27 days ago.
They’ve had mine 12 weeks today. I called last week and they gave me ”the holidays have us about a week behind so it may be 2-3 more weeks”. I’ll give them a few more days and call again.

Last edited:

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
The way it boils down to....now it doesn't really matter if it takes a few more weeks or a few months, as the CURRENT owner would be paying the MF fees...I really wanted mine done before 12/31/19 JUST in case there were points available. I would have put them into RCI.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
They’ve had mine 12 weeks today. I called last wee pk and they gave me ”the holidays have us about a week behind so it may be 2-3 more weeks”. I’ll give them a few more days and call again.
I am 13 weeks tomorrow. Had LT call them and they were told to call back by EOW.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham received one of my deeds December 16th of 2019

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The way it boils down to....now it doesn't really matter if it takes a few more weeks or a few months, as the CURRENT owner would be paying the MF fees...I really wanted mine done before 12/31/19 JUST in case there were points available. I would have put them into RCI.
Bummer. I was especially disappointed when they had to hold transfers after the implementation of Voyager. They held everything because of issues with Voyager - for quite a while. I missed a use year worth of points because of it. I thought surely Wyndham would have accommodated when the delay was because of system issues. But nope.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
From reading these stories and as I am awaiting my first contract since Oct. 10, there seems to be a recurring theme.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
This is another way in which Wyndham affects the value of resale contracts both in Club Wyndham and in WorldMark.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LT is also handling mine. I’ll contact them. Thanks.
From reading these stories and as I am awaiting my first contract since Oct. 10, there seems to be a recurring theme.
Wyndham has had mine since Oct 21. LT called them today on my behalf and was told they are running closer to 15 weeks based on their current workload.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wyndham has had mine since Oct 21. LT called them today on my behalf and was told they are running closer to 15 weeks based on their current workload.
Thanks for the update brother

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Mine is at 15 weeks (this past Tuesday), and still nothing. I would not be surprised if it showed up tomorrow. My next maintenance fee payment is a week from now. Part of me thinks they hold back to line up the maintenance fee payments. Who knows.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mine is at 15 weeks (this past Tuesday), and still nothing. I would not be surprised if it showed up tomorrow. My next maintenance fee payment is a week from now. Part of me thinks they hold back to line up the maintenance fee payments. Who knows.
That's an interesting thought. I really don't understand why they take so long to change the name on a contract. What does it benefit them? The MF's are going to be paid and the current owner is just getting screwed in most cases because they're paying them but not getting use of the points. The new owner is just upset because they want to pay the MF's and get use of the points. What is in it for Wyndham to delay? Some say to discourage resales but that doesn't make sense to me as most people are still going to prefer waiting a few more weeks to complete a resale as opposed to paying tens of thousands of dollars to the developer. I don't get it.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
That's an interesting thought. I really don't understand why they take so long to change the name on a contract. What does it benefit them? The MF's are going to be paid and the current owner is just getting screwed in most cases because they're paying them but not getting use of the points. The new owner is just upset because they want to pay the MF's and get use of the points. What is in it for Wyndham to delay? Some say to discourage resales but that doesn't make sense to me as most people are still going to prefer waiting a few more weeks to complete a resale as opposed to paying tens of thousands of dollars to the developer. I don't get it.

One of the executives told me that a good portion of their resources is used up by trying to get in touch with people to correct mistakes that are made in the paperwork. Usually the deed. While I don’t doubt that is a problem, and it takes up time, I’m not sure it’s the whole story. Perhaps they are just short staff and don’t see the benefit of increasing the amount of people on the staff.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow!!!! The deed was received Dec.16 when the Buyer said they would get this transferred fast and it would be expedited by their contacts at Wyndham I laughed. My past experience says that the only time a deed transfers this fast is when Wyndham is the buyer third party!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
So it looks like Wyndham only confirmed they received the paperwork on January 13th, yet the closing company swears Wyndham acknowledged the paperwork on October 1st. Wyndham says they have no notes from October 1st. The closing companies explanation for that, is that the notes for affiliate contract transfers are in a different area then regular contracts. They sent me a whole list of entries in their logs that showed they sent the paperwork several times to Wyndham because they kept saying they didn’t receive the paperwork. I told them they need to get a supervisor involved to see this through. I doubt that will happen. They (the closing company) have been sparse on information. As soon as I basically called them a liar, they come back with more information then they provided in months. This has been going on since April. First, they had to wait for the account verification letter from VRI. Why wasn’t that done beforehand? Then It took months to get a check cut to send to VRI for the transfer fee. The fee was $100. Why did it take so long? Their excuse was the accounting department was slow. They swore to me this wouldn’t happen again when they send the paperwork again to Wyndham. If it took them that long to cut a check, how long would it take them to get the paperwork in?

Never again will I deal with this company. Nor will I recommend them to anyone anymore. People had said good things about them. People who I know are smart enough to know the difference between a bad reseller and a good one. The only thing I can think of, is the people who knew what they were doing left the company, and the ones that were left, were less experienced.

To top it off, before all the delays, I had referred a customer to them. She had all sorts of problems too. They were sparse on information with her too. Luckily hers finished. Mine is still ongoing. The Wyndham rep told me the 14-16 week turn around started on January 13th.

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WOW! I’m so sorry this happened to you. I would be furious!

Harry

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it looks like Wyndham only confirmed they received the paperwork on January 13th, yet the closing company swears Wyndham acknowledged if the paperwork on October 1st. Wyndham says they have no notes from October 1st. The closing companies explanation for that, is that the notes for affiliate contract transfers are in a different area then regular contracts. They sent me a whole list of entries in their logs that showed they sent the paperwork several times to Wyndham because they kept saying they didn’t receive the paperwork. I told them they need to get a supervisor involved to see this through. I doubt that will happen. They (the closing company) have been sparse on information. As soon as I basically called them a liar, then they come back with more information then they provided in months. This has been going on since April. First, they had to wait for the account verification letter from VRI. Why wasn’t that done beforehand? The. It took months to get a check cut to send to VRI for the transfer fee. The fee was $100. Why did it take long the? Their excuse was the account department was slow. They swore to me this wouldn’t happen again when they send the paperwork again to Wyndham. If it took then that long to cut a check, how long would it take then to get the paperwork in?

Never again will I deal with this company. Nor will I recommend them to anyone anymore. People had said good things about them. People who I know are smart enough to know the difference between a bad reseller and a good one. The only thing I can think of, is the people who knew what they were doing left the company, and the ones that were left, were less experienced.

To top it off, before all the delays, I had referred a customer to them. She had all sorts of problems too. They were sparse on information with her too. Luckily hers finished. Mine is still ongoing. The Wyndham rep told me the 14-16 week turn around started on January 13th.
Could you PM me the reseller?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Snapbackhatthat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club access
Just wanted to chime in. Called Wyndham and was told they didn’t receive my transfer until November 18th and emailed my agent at Timeshare Nation who basically said “my bad I told you September 11th. I was mistaken.” So I now have to wait until end of February/ early March.
Question: since this is my first timeshare... will the use Year start be 1/1? Does this mean I could possibly lose the right to bank those points for 2021 use?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Just wanted to chime in. Called Wyndham and was told they didn’t receive my transfer until November 18th and emailed my agent at Timeshare Nation who basically said “my bad I told you September 11th. I was mistaken.” So I now have to wait until end of February/ early March.
Question: since this is my first timeshare... will the use Year start be 1/1? Does this mean I could possibly lose the right to bank those points for 2021 use?

Do you know what your use year is on this? If it is January 1 that may be a good thing because then you won't have to worry about Wyndham possibly realigning your use year to January 1 if by some chance what you have has a April 1, July 1 or October 1 use year. Wyndham would like all of us to have a January 1 use year. You have the first three months of your use year to deposit points into one of the next two use years. So if this is a January 1 use year you would have until March 31 to do that.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I pay my maintenance fee the 8th of the month. I have noticed many times when the seller has a 25th pay date that Wyndham very often transfers between the 26th and 7th effectively getting paid two times for the maintenance fee in less then a months time. It may just be a coincidence but I think otherwise.