• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Review and Trip Report – Ocean Enclave – Myrtle Beach – January 2020

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
I’m at Ocean Enclave right now as I begin writing this review, and I’ll edit to add more later as my vacation unfolds.

I don’t know if my photos below will convey much more than @jsparents excellent photos already revealed in his review, but I’ll include them below anyway.

I’m so happy with Ocean Enclave, and I’m glad I picked this resort for my first HGV vacation ever.

Not in any particular order, here are some features that I appreciate at any resort, and Ocean Enclave gets top grades of A++ from me: visual beauty and spaciousness of the condo, comfort and efficiency of the condo furnishings, friendly and helpful staff, fast elevators, hot tub(s) in the pool area(s), building situated on oceanfront and beach, on-property restaurant / bar / café / coffee / grocery.

Something I hadn’t looked for but was thrilled to find: this condo has a million gazillion electric outlets and USB ports, and I especially love the ones that are built-in to the bedroom nightstands and living room end table.

If you don't bring your own toiletries, the resort-provided toiletries are lovely: Crabtree & Evelyn Verbena and Lavender scent. The bath towels provided are wonderfully large, and very absorbent.

I'm not familiar with the quality of the Boardwalk in other beach communities, but the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is excellent quality, apparently somewhat recently renovated. So close to the ocean if you're craving an ocean walk without the sand. The Boardwalk extends directly to the Ocean Enclave property ... simply exit front door and take sidewalk toward the ocean, or exit from the outdoor pool area and it's right there.

I'm happy to be here during off-season: no "pesky" children nor "self-absorbed" teens in sight; only a handful of Baby Boomer seniors around !! Ha Ha !! But I'm hoping you grandparents, parents and children will have a wonderful vacation here during the warmer and busier season !!

I'm disappointed that the concierge seems reluctant or not knowledgeable to recommend any restaurant that's not on the “Grand Experiences” list of participating partners. But several of those restaurants seem very good, and a few had shown up on my previous Internet search of “Best Of” in Myrtle Beach.

Food Report so far:

“Tin Roof” I had a Lynchburg Lemonade and a pork taco, both were excellent.

“RipTydz” I had one of their frozen drinks and a poached shrimp cocktail, both were excellent.

“Aspen Grille” I had one of their signature dishes: Seared Scallops with Mushroom Risotto and Crispy Fried Spinach: incredibly delicious and totally worthy of the glowing recommendations on Yelp and other food sites. Their happy hour (at the bar only) includes minor discounts on drinks and appetizers, so I had my Fried Green Tomatoes appetizer and some wine at the bar before being seated for dinner.

"RipTydz" again for frozen pina colada and grilled (not blackened) mahi mahi fish tacos, both were very good.

"Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse" was excellent; meats tender and well-seasoned. High quality salad bar. Many Yelp reviews also said excellent, but a few said if you've ever eaten at Texas de Brasil or Fogo de Chao then you might be less impressed with Rioz. All Brazilian Steakhouses are expensive, the customer is paying for the variety of choice as well as the quality of food. I felt Rioz food and atmosphere were high quality, very enjoyable.

A restaurant group had four restaurants listed in the Grand Experiences participating partners brochure, but three of them were sold to a new owner, and closed permanently for four months: The Chemist Cocktails, Gordo's Tacos, Noizy Oyster. Even their own websites, as well as their Yelp pages, did not identify them as closed. I'm glad I'm obsessive and called The Chemist first, else that would've been a wasted Uber ride !! Only one still open is "Art Burger Sushi" - I had an acceptable but ordinary grilled chicken sandwich there. BTW new owner may be re-opening the closed ones someday under same name, so depending on when you read this they might be open again,

The one-bedroom choices here are Standard (partial ocean view), Plus (ocean view) and Premier (ocean front). I booked a Standard, and at check-in I asked if I could upgrade at no charge so I was assigned Room 2609, a one bedroom Plus. I love it !! It’s majorly off-season here, Silver week, so I’m thinking upgrades aren’t as likely during busy season Gold and Platinum weeks.

IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

Last edited:

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Thanks for the review and photos for Ocean Enclave. We own at Ocean 22 (1-bdrm oceanfront) and love staying there for all of the reasons you outline for Ocean Enclave. The only thing that would be nice at Ocean 22 would be a proper restaurant, rather than just the lobby bar and pizza and wings takeout with small store, although the wings and pizza are very good and they will deliver right to your unit. We will have to check out Enclave on our next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thanks for the review and photos for Ocean Enclave. We own at Ocean 22 (1-bdrm oceanfront) and love staying there for all of the reasons you outline for Ocean Enclave. The only thing that would be nice at Ocean 22 would be a proper restaurant, rather than just the pizza and wings takeout with small store, although the wings and pizza are very good and they will deliver right to your unit. We will have to check out Enclave on our next visit to Myrtle Beach.
Great, don’t forget to add it to tug reviews, just not a post.

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Great, don’t forget to add it to tug reviews, just not a post.

Yes, I'll add the finished and final edit to TUG Reviews, for sure !!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
While that suggestion certainly applies to you, too, for Ocean Enclave, I am suspecting it was actually intended as a gentle reminder for me to post a review concerning Ocean 22. ;)

Ha Ha got it !! I'm a lifelong teacher's pet and rule follower, so I assumed I was receiving instructions on how to get an "A" on the test, plus extra credit !! ;) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Outstanding review and photo. Please submit this to TUG Review.
You may win a cash reward from Tug.

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara

Thank you for the compliment. Mmmmm ... cash ... I'll submit the official review the minute I get back home !! :D:D:D

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
This review is now complete and I'm back home again, even though I was not able to edit that first sentence that says "I'm at Ocean Enclave right now". Apparently there is a limit of days to edit an original post, so as of 01/18/2020 no more edits.

Now I'll submit the final edited version as an official TUG review.

Thank you for reading this post !!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
This review is now complete and I'm back home again, even though I was not able to edit that first sentence that says "I'm at Ocean Enclave right now". Apparently there is a limit of days to edit an original post, so as of 01/18/2020 no more edits.

Now I'll submit the final edited version as an official TUG review.

Thank you for reading this post !!

Nice review! I love seeing MB in the winter. Hopefully, you will stick around and contribute!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara

Pedro, can you please help me with this -- regarding orientation of my photos as displayed on the Overview page (they're sideways) versus orientation if the user clicks to enlarge the photos (they're correct)?

I uploaded photos, and all those photos are visible on the TUG Resort Review page for Ocean Enclave when I click on the "Resort Overview" tab in the choice list on left side of page. Hooray !!

The orientation of my photos on the Overview page are sideways (landscape / horizontal) versus the orientation if the user clicks to enlarge the photo (they're correct / portrait / vertical)?

Because of this, I would like to edit the text of my review to say something such as "Please see the photos I uploaded under the Resort Overview tab ... although they all appears to be sideways / landscape / horizontal, if you click on a photo to open larger, then the photo is correct / upright / portrait / vertical and easily viewed.

Or maybe you even want to edit the Resort Overview template to indicate that any photo orientation problems can be fixed by clicking to open and enlarge the photo?

I also sent email to tug@tug2.net.

Thank you so much !!