• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Convert to Marriott Bonvoy Points

gcole

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vistana's website gives us the option to "Convert to Marriott Bonvoy Points". When I try it is says not eligible. Does anyone know what the eligibility criteria is and the value of the Marriott points we would get?
https://owner.vistana.com/reference/index.jsp

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Mine says the same because we are resale owners so not eligible. Did you buy direct?

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you bought developer and are non-Elite, you can only convert in alternate years I think. Elite owners can convert every year.

There are also time periods during only which you can convert, depending on your level of Elite-ness or lack thereof.

And then sometimes the web site is just confused and you have to call in...

gcole

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you bought developer and are non-Elite, you can only convert in alternate years I think. Elite owners can convert every year.

There are also time periods during only which you can convert, depending on your level of Elite-ness or lack thereof.

Do you know the point values?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Resale from the developer. guess I will have to call.
What does resale from the developer mean? The points value depends on what you own? Do you have the old starpoint chart. You would get 3 times as many Bonvoy vs what the chart says for Starpoints.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

LoL...sounds like the IRS!

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
LoL...sounds like the IRS!

Everyone who has a developer unit can convert to Bonvoy points from Oct 1 before their use year (you have to prepay MFs) until Mar 31 of your use year. You cannot convert in two consecutive use years.

Three Star Elite can convert until Jul 1 and Four/Five Star Elite can convert until Oct 1 of their use year. Elite members can convert in every use year.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@YYJMSP I was just having some fun - not laughing at you. The rules seem so arcane and complex - like the IRS!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
If you log into Vistana and look at the specifics of your unit under "What I own" it should tell you how many Bonvoy points you will get under the "Vacation Ownership Interest". It is right beside the StarOptions (it is just listed as "Points". )

Note this is not how many you have - it is what the unit is worth if you convert it to Bonvoy. As has been mentioned by others resale units are not eligible but will still show a "Points" value.

For anyone who is too lazy to log into Vistana you can get an approximate value by multiplying how many SO the unit is worth by 1.357.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
@YYJMSP I was just having some fun - not laughing at you. The rules seem so arcane and complex - like the IRS!

We Canadians are polite and helpful, so I just spouted out the info, and of course ignored anything that could be construed as potentially prickly. And I am required to apologize at least twice if anything I said was taken in some unintended way.

:cool:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We Canadians are polite and helpful, so I just spouted out the info, and of course ignored anything that could be construed as potentially prickly. And I am required to apologize at least twice if anything I said was taken in some unintended way.

:cool:

Ahhh I didn't realize you were Canadian. My apologies. Please don't construe my poor attempts at humor as offensive as none were intended and certainly not directed at you. I was laughing at the rules... :)

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Everyone who has a developer unit can convert to Bonvoy points from Oct 1 before their use year (you have to prepay MFs) until Mar 31 of your use year. You cannot convert in two consecutive use years.

Three Star Elite can convert until Jul 1 and Four/Five Star Elite can convert until Jul 1 of their use year. Elite members can convert in every use year.

Four- and Five-Star Elite can convert until October 1.