• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Privileges: new Wyndham VIP Levels starting late 2020 [Merged]

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Special Olympics is a totally different category by itself born out of the compassion of the humane.
It should not even be mentioned in the same breath as participation trophies for the fully-abled born out of the condescension of the elite.

The argument for participation trophies is that it is compassion. Why shouldn't the less gifted be recognized as well. The question is where does one draw the line? is the child who is obese through no fault of there own, and therefore not athletically gifted, considered able-bodied? Is the kid who is not coordinated enough to swim faster than a turtle, fully able-bodied? I think you comment is unintentionally condescending since it implies that you are the arbitrator of who is able-bodied and anyone who disagrees should not speak up. As I have said previously, I am not in favor of participation trophies, but if a majority are, then so be it. And in my world view, they get to mention things like that.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Again a red herring. I was talking about academics and you switched to sports. I used to laugh at my son getting a team trophy for just being on the basketball team even though even he was not any good at it. My youngest was as bad in athletics as I used to be. But they have done well in other fields as have I. I am sure that obese kid and that uncoordinated kid have other God-given gifts. I was not condescending at all, just amused by all this pandering during the early years. Then the harsh reality of the real world strikes them at 18 or whenever and nobody gives a crap. And they end up being whiny little Wyndham customers complaining about studio size! Haha! All in jest! :)

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Again a red herring. I was talking about academics and you switched to sports. I used to laugh at my son getting a team trophy for just being on the basketball team even though even he was not any good at it. My youngest was as bad in athletics as I used to be. But they have done well in other fields as have I. I am sure that obese kid or that uncoordinated kid have other god-given gifts. I was not condescending at all, just amused by all this pandering during the early years. Then the harsh reality of the real world strikes them at 18 or whenever and nobody gives a crap. And they end up being whiny little Wyndham customers complaining about studio size! Haha! All in jest!

When it comes to competitive sports, people support the best team and nobody will support participation trophies or 'also-ran' awards or 'most improved' team trophies. But in schools and other spheres of life, pandering to the LCD seems to be the norm while ignoring or mocking the high achievers as 'nerds' or 'lucky'. In Japan, Korea, China, the academic sphere is highly competitive just like sports.

Again you try to claim you where misunderstood. You used both in the context of participation trophies. Participation trophies started in sports. I believe people who like to pretend they did not say what they actually said, grow up to complain about resale points getting VIP perks. :)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Oh, come on, participation trophies, citizenship awards 'also-ran' or 'most improved' blah blah blah, I have seen them all. I only know them mostly from academic context having attended school functions.
While you don't seem to disagree with me in principle, you still want to disagree for some reason or the other. Idk why.

And I have made it clear, I don't care one way or the other about resale points getting VIP benefits. I was just exploring ways to enforce the rules from a DB design perspective. That's all.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, come on, participation trophies, citizenship awards 'also-ran' or 'most improved' blah blah blah, I have seen them all. While you don't seem to disagree with me in principle, you still want to disagree for some reason or the other. Idk why. And I have made it clear, I don't care one way or the other about resale points getting VIP benefits. I was just exploring ways to enforce the rules from a DB design perspective. That's all.

That is why thy smiley. I just find your habit of saying one thing and then denying it a pain to wade through and not that constructive. Also, this is the wrong forum for a class on DB design. It is clear that if Wyndham really wants to do do something policy wise, they will find a way. (It may take them 3 or 4 tries as they seem to pick the low bidder for their IT work, a lot) Hijacking a thread on the new privileges scheme to show off your , clearly advanced, knowledge of DB design is not what tugg is for. (I admit that my complaint is not either, but I hit a breaking point)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't hijack this thread. If you go back and read the thread, you will see the 'ineligibility of resale points for VIP benefits' was brought up and I expressed my views from a DB design perspective.
Saying one thing and denying it is not my style but if you say I did it, you MUST BE right. You could DM me the examples. Let's not crowd this thread.
ROGER and OUT!

Tookatie29

Reaction score
Help!!! No one at Wyndham will answer my questions. The sales/marketing person at the 800 number was RUDE and said she won’t look up my account and answer unless I’m going to buy more points directly from them. The regular customer support state they haven’t been given info.

mom trying to figure out how many points I have, per Wyndham, counting toward the new VIP levels. I’m confused about how they count totals bc I have two odd year properties and one even year.
This is what I have presently:
84,000 even
166,000 odd
63,000 odd

I just bought a 4th with 300,000 annual. So, does this count as a total of 613,000 points (total of all contracts, period) or is it annual, which would be 456,500, I think???

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
That is why thy smiley. I just find your habit of saying one thing and then denying it a pain to wade through and not that constructive. Also, this is the wrong forum for a class on DB design. It is clear that if Wyndham really wants to do do something policy wise, they will find a way. (It may take them 3 or 4 tries as they seem to pick the low bidder for their IT work, a lot) Hijacking a thread on the new privileges scheme to show off your , clearly advanced, knowledge of DB design is not what tugg is for. (I admit that my complaint is not either, but I hit a breaking point)

You are not the only one to hit a point of frustration. And this is coming from someone who used to hold the title Enterprise Data Architect many years ago mind you, so I'm fairly familiar with database constructs. :cool:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
@SNA27 Oh my another hijacked thread. Way off topic now. Time for this one to be shut down. How many times do we have to go around the mulberry bush and beat this dead horse?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Help!!! No one at Wyndham will answer my questions. The sales/marketing person at the 800 number was RUDE and said she won’t look up my account and answer unless I’m going to buy more points directly from them. The regular customer support state they haven’t been given info.

mom trying to figure out how many points I have, per Wyndham, counting toward the new VIP levels. I’m confused about how they count totals bc I have two odd year properties and one even year.
84,000 even
166,000 odd
63,000 odd

I just bought a 4th with 300,000 annual. So, does this count as a total of 613,000 points (total of all contracts, period) or is it annual, which would be 456,500, I think???
Either way you are Silver VIP. I know in the past it was total points that counted towards VIP Tiers.
Now they say on EOY you only count half of the size of the contract towards VIP Tiers. But I’m not 100% sure that’s accurate.
Your Silver & would have to buy more points to get to Gold or higher

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

84,000 even
166,000 odd
63,000 odd

Contact Owner Services at: 800-251-8736

Owner Care can help answer your questions. Never speak to anyone in the sales/marketing division - it is their job to sell you more points regardless of whether you need them.

How long have you been an owner? Your VIP level may be higher than Silver depending on whether you have grandfather status. If you have online access to your account, login via myclubwyndham.com and choose My Ownership - on that screen it will show your ownership Tier. If you are VIP you will see it listed as either Silver, Gold, or Platinum. If there is no tier listed, then you don’t have VIP for your account.

When did you purchase the 300k contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tookatie29

Reaction score
I just paid and provided info to initiate transfer today. I’m currently not VIP, but should be under new levels. I called customer care back and the was unsure how to answer the question about calculating points for purpose if determining VIP status, but eventually she landed on “its your contract points total regardless if use year”. I also noticed my contracted points online (what I listed) are not correct, the smaller contracts are actually 168,000 and 126,000 biannually but are listed wrong in the website acct info for some reason. My total points always end up right each year, but this shouldn’t be so confusing.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just paid and provided info to initiate transfer today. I’m currently not VIP, but should be under new levels. I called customer care back and the was unsure how to answer the question about calculating points for purpose if determining VIP status, but eventually she landed on “its your contract points total regardless if use year”. I also noticed my contracted points online (what I listed) are not correct, the smaller contracts are actually 168,000 and 126,000 biannually but are listed wrong in the website acct info for some reason. My total points always end up right each year, but this shouldn’t be so confusing.
Resale points do not count towards being VIP. Your not VIP now & you will not be VIP after the 300,000 point transfers
Sorry for the confusion as my post wrong, I read it like you purchased from Wyndham directly

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Biannually contracts will be shown on the Club website as half the points you are awarded bi-annually (aka my 154k Every other year is shown as 77k biannual). That amount of points as shown is the amount that count toward VIP status if purchased from the developer.

So if on the Club website under My Ownership->Ownership Details it shows three biannual contracts of 84k, 166k, and 63k, then the answer is 613k pts after your 300k purchase.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

84,000 even
166,000 odd
63,000 odd

As of now, you’re NOT VIP. Nor will you be with the new program, unless those 300,000 points you bought were direct from Wyndham and not eBay or another third party. Per the directory, only half your points count towards VIP (assuming they were bought directly from Wyndham). I seriously doubt Wyndham will change that with the new program, because that would mean they were giving away VIP to people who didn’t invest the money into VIP. Assuming the odd and even contracts were bought directly from WYNDHAM, you only have 156,500 that count towards VIP. Even with the new tier they are adding, it wouldn’t be enough. Even if it was, you’d still have to buy more to get the lower tier. Again, if they didn’t do it that way, they’d be giving away VIP for free. Existing VIPs will keep their status. Existing Platinum VIP who have 1.4 million points will be Founder in the new program.

The new contract you just bought, was it purchased directly from Wyndham? If not, it does not count towards VIP. Otherwise, everyone would be VIP.

2b98714790e70ce4bb6d987e9681eccf.jpg

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Go to the “My Ownership” section of the My Club Wyndham website. On the main page of the Ownership section, there will be a tier section, if you’re VIP. If it doesn’t say Silver, Gold, or Platinum, your mom is not VIP.

98bdd5f7aec1b743b274c3ee8a0f4b44.jpg

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
As of now, you’re mom is NOT VIP. Nor will she be with the new program, unless those 300,000 points you bought were direct from Wyndham and not eBay or another third party. Per the directory, only half your points count towards VIP (assuming they were bought directly from Wyndham). I seriously doubt Wyndham will change that with the new program, because that would mean they were giving away VIP to people who didn’t invest the money into VIP. Assuming the odd and even contracts were bought directly from WYNDHAM, you only have 156,500 that count towards VIP. Even with the new tier they are adding, it wouldn’t be enough. Even if it was, you’d still have to buy more to get the lower tier. Again, if they didn’t do it that way, they’d be giving away VIP for free. Existing VIPs will keep their status. Existing Platinum VIP who have 1.4 million points will be Founder in the new program.

The new contract you just bought, was it purchased directly from Wyndham? If not, it does not count towards VIP. Otherwise, everyone would be VIP.

2b98714790e70ce4bb6d987e9681eccf.jpg

I’m not sure, but my interpretation was that @Tookatie29 is the “mom” mentioned in the posting; it seems self-referential because she later says “mom” is trying to figure out how many VIP points “I” have. It doesn’t change the discussion much, but there aren’t potential multiple account holders if I’m right about that.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I’m not sure, but my interpretation was that @Tookatie29 is the “mom” mentioned in the posting; it seems self-referential because she later says “mom” is trying to figure out how many VIP points “I” have. It doesn’t change the discussion much, but there aren’t potential multiple account holders if I’m right about that.

True. She said “My” enough to make me think she is referring to herself, so I edited my post. Thanks.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shouldn't this be on its own thread? On her very first post here, I started a conversation to help her out and pointed this out as well.

#############################################
Hi,
You might want to post this on a separate thread.
But it looks to me you should have 384,000 in Even years and 529,000 in Odd years.
You should be able to check this online at MYCLUBWYNDHAM.COM
I hope you have an online account. Otherwise, it's easy to register and create one.
Good luck.

-------------------

84,000 even
166,000 odd
63,000 odd

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
@SNA27 How can any of the last several pages help answer the Ops original question? Why has this thread gone so off topic? Its time to lock or shut this thread down or get back to OP's original question.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Excuse me! I hope you're not blaming me for this run-away bobsled!

I started a Conversation with the errant poster instead of posting on the thread to help her as much as I could and advised her to start a new thread. I thought that's what we're supposed to do.
It's the longtime posters or 'ELDERS of TUG' if you prefer, that helped this bobsled slide way off track!
@HitchHiker71 posted his helpful comment right on this thread instead of a PM and it went sideways after that. I don't blame him. Or the FOLLOWER posters including the moderator @ecwinch! That's how a bobsled slides!:)

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
[Moderator Note:
This thread has wandered off-topic so many times that starting to delete all off-topic posts at this late date would do more harm than good IMHO. But since numerous posters seem to want moderators to step in and help keep threads on topic, I will start doing so immediately going forward. ]

I personally find that ironic, as the people most responsible taking threads off-topic seem to want moderators to curb their abuses. But so be it.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
With that said, I had asked one of the executives what the theme was, to the names of the tiers. Most loyalty or VIP programs have themes. Maybe colors, Metals, etc. There didn’t seem to be any theme. This was the answer I got.

“The original Privileges titles that rolled out were to align with Wyndham Rewards. That proved to be too confusing between Club Wyndham Points and Wyndham Rewards Points. The newest levels are trying to show levels of exclusivity and prestige. They are something to spend years to continue growing towards as an achievement.”

If that were the case, I would think legend would be above founders, but that’s just me. Also, I am not sure about the “achievement” part. Is it an “achievement” to spend six figures? Maybe the achievement is that you can (hopefully) afford to pay six figures. I don’t know.