• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on Renting my WKOV-N unit

gdrj

Reaction score
I have a 2 BR unit. I have a reservation for [date redacted]. I am interested in renting out the 1 BR or the Studio and using the other myself (They are reserved separately). I was going to use redweek to rent it and pay the higher fee so I dont have to deal with $$ and contracts (My 1st time renting unit out).

It was suggested that I list both and rent which ever one books 1st. Do you know is there a way to have it in one listing? I see where there "varies" for views but not for unit size in the current listings. Also I would think that a potential renter would probably just select another listing which shows exactly what they want. Any suggestion based on experience or just thoughts would be appreciated. If I need to list them separate I will, just to learn for future years.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I would recommend only listing one per ad since they are listed differently - 1Bd and Studio. And they would be different in price.

If you want to rent the studio and use 1Bd side - why not just rent the studio? Or visa versa. Just make sure they are listed properly and at the lowest price.

I rent our studio side and use the 1Bd. This works great, but we own OF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdrj

Reaction score
I would recommend only listing one per ad since they are listed differently - 1Bd and Studio. And they would be different in price.

If you want to rent the studio and use 1Bd side - why not just rent the studio? Or visa versa. Just make sure they are listed properly and at the lowest price.

I rent our studio side and use the 1Bd. This works great, but we own OF.

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I dont have a preference in what I use, just feeling this out for the 1st time. Any thoughts on what would rent easier?

Last edited:

Mcjohan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN/OF, WLR
My experience has been renting the studio side was easy during whale season (February) & more difficult during the summer. The 1 bedroom has been easy to rent during west coast school spring break (usually week before & after Easter) and summer months.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I dont have a preference in what I use, just feeling this out for the 1st time. Any thoughts on what would rent easier?

Whichever one that is lower priced than others renting similar. I would choose which one you would want more, and rent other. People’s preferences are all over the place.

It is correct to reserve highest demand weeks. I do this for our OFD studio at WKORV. I used to do July4 week, but changed to Prez week.

You could mention in RW rental description that you have the other side available (and price), but a viewer may not make it that far.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Advertise both sides, in separate Ads - rent whichever one goes first, and cancel the other Ad.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Advertise both sides, in separate Ads - rent whichever one goes first, and cancel the other Ad.
This. I would walk away from a confusing ad trying to rent two different things at two different price points .