• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Not invited to sales

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
For the past year Wyndham will not invite me to meet with them. I’m not sure why but they lie and say they no longer have a sales department but then invite our Guests who are traveling with us in different rooms? I find this to be very puzzling since we haven’t done anything: We inherited the timeshares so maybe it has to do with my in-laws? Any suggestions? We did like the free gifts .

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I’d say count your blessings and if you do find out why you’re blacklisted, come post it on TUG so the rest of us know what to do.

Harry - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky you - no more high pressure sales and BS sessions.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am not sure if they know at the resort level know why you have been put on a do not update list. You may want to call owner services and ask for an explanation. On the other hand it might just be nice to enjoy the break from the pressure.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There's your answer.
Yes but plenty of people attend multiple updates per year, collecting gifts without buying and are not placed on the do not update list.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
For the past year Wyndham will not invite me to meet with them. I’m not sure why but they lie and say they no longer have a sales department but then invite our Guests who are traveling with us in different rooms? I find this to be very puzzling since we haven’t done anything: We inherited the timeshares so maybe it has to do with my in-laws? Any suggestions? We did like the free gifts .

Praise the Lord!

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Ask the onsite sales manager. General reasons include low income, rudeness, not engaging with salesperson. Definitely not #times... i went on 25 presentations in 2019.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask the onsite sales manager. General reasons include low income, rudeness, not engaging with salesperson. Definitely not #times... i went on 25 presentations in 2019.

25 updates in one year?! Good lord! I don't have high enough boots for that amount of BS!!

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
Yes but plenty of people attend multiple updates per year, collecting gifts without buying and are not placed on the do not update list.
I think I may finally be on the list. I was attending at least one a month in Vegas, they really do hate me there. We went New years day, and were never asked to attend, which has never happened. Going back to Vegas on Friday, so we will see.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
25 updates in one year?! Good lord! I don't have high enough boots for that amount of BS!!

25*30k=750k WR points = $3750 in MFs or on average 50 nights in Wyndham hotels or a combination thereof. Not bad. :cool:

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
25*30k=750k WR points = $3750 in MFs or on average 50 nights in Wyndham hotels or a combination thereof. Not bad. :cool:
Exactly. Most of them are Diamond Resorts for $200 or $250 visa card which pays gas and groceries for the week. Marriott points get me weekend hotels so i can book 5 days ts at half cost. Most chains other than Diamond have a once a month rule.

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I may finally be on the list. I was attending at least one a month in Vegas, they really do hate me there. We went New years day, and were never asked to attend, which has never happened. Going back to Vegas on Friday, so we will see.
My wife and I attended a presentation after the parking pass person promised it would be a group info session not a sales pitch (remember if their lips are moving they are lying!). First thing the rep asks is what am I doing there other than wasting his time (I bought my contracts on Ebay). My jaw dropped, they practically begged me to go to the presentation, it wasn't what they told me it would be and then this jerk asks me what I'm doing. Ugh! Las Vegas was the worst or maybe a while back in Pompano. They're all bad! Not worth the $100.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Minimum of 25 hours. Add in the 1/2 hour being paraded into the WOW and the 1/2 hour chasing the gift it is 50 plus hours of your vacation time you will never get back. Not worth the loss of Vacation time IMHO!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Minimum of 25 hours. Add in the 1/2 hour being paraded into the WOW and the 1/2 hour chasing the gift it is 50 plus hours of your vacation time you will never get back. Not worth the loss of Vacation time IMHO!

It depends on how you look at it. 50 hours that delivers 50 nights of additional vacation time, one hour per night, that's not a bad trade-off to me, but that also assumes one can actually use 50 nights of additional vacation time, and that one would want to stay in Wyndham hotels for those 50 nights. For someone else, earning $3750 against MFs may be very worthwhile. One person's trash is another person's treasure yes? :)

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
It depends on how you look at it. 50 hours that delivers 50 nights of additional vacation time, one hour per night, that's not a bad trade-off to me, but that also assumes one can actually use 50 nights of additional vacation time, and that one would want to stay in Wyndham hotels for those 50 nights. For someone else, earning $3750 against MFs may be very worthwhile. One person's trash is another person's treasure yes? :)
Exactly. Some may think their time is worth $75 an hour, others not.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
But, what's the point of trying to sell ice to Eskimos? Also, why waste time and money on people who will never buy?
Many of the Wyndham Salespeople could learn from this.
Sales 101: Never Sell Ice to an Eskimo

Last edited:

BillyBob444

Reaction score
Sure you could watching a some silly TV programs or picking your nose

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure you could watching a some silly TV programs or picking your nose
If some like to watch TV while on vacation who am I to judge? IMHO I wouldn't waste 1 minute listening to lies and a hard sales pitch to buy. I have heard some send their sons to do the dirty work.o_O

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
If some like to watch TV while on vacation who am I to judge? IMHO I wouldn't waste 1 minute listening to lies and a hard sales pitch to buy. I have heard some send their sons to do the dirty work.o_O
Hey, hey, hey! Watch it!
Getting 3 nights for $199 at TRYP +30k WR Points while saving me 71,500 points at NY45 was well worth my son's 90 minutes in the Snakepit! He came home last night and he doesn't seem to have any lasting scars from those snake bites! :D

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
But, what's the point of trying to sell ice to Eskimos? Also, why waste time and money on people who will never buy?
Many of the Wyndham Salespeople could learn from this.
Sales 101: Never Sell Ice to an Eskimo

Embedded in your statement is the assumption that Wyndham doesn't see ROI selling to existing members. Do you really think this large organization doesn't have metrics that show it's worthwhile? I guarantee you they have metrics that show that it is worthwhile - or they wouldn't continue doing it. I work for a small business and we have sales metrics sliced and diced ten ways to Sunday to drive efficiencies with our sales department. Larger companies have many more resources than a small company ever does to do even more analysis to drive efficiencies.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know those metrics, @HitchHiker71. Back in the 80s, our company acquired a 'fund raising' software company that catered to a zillion Charities and other fundraisers. Conventional wisdom is 'don't bother the people who just gave' but the Head of Habitat for Humanity counseled why it's wrong. It's those who gave are more likely to give again. We had stats on every promotion ran and had a good feel for the propensity of those who give to give time and again. Yes, it's all about slicing and dicing and getting at that creamy segment to increase the returns.

God knows I used to get so many solicitation postal mails 10, 20 years ago. Now I get emails, loads of them. I just wish the guys to whom I give stop sharing my name with (or selling my name to) others.:confused:
Just see the emails I got in just a couple of hours.

1579032707469.png

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embedded in your statement is the assumption that Wyndham doesn't see ROI selling to existing members. Do you really think this large organization doesn't have metrics that show it's worthwhile? I guarantee you they have metrics that show that it is worthwhile - or they wouldn't continue doing it. I work for a small business and we have sales metrics sliced and diced ten ways to Sunday to drive efficiencies with our sales department. Larger companies have many more resources than a small company ever does to do even more analysis to drive efficiencies.
I am painfully aware of that. I am that existing member who bought and bought again.
My point was about the futility of trying to sell to 'resale only' owners who will never buy.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brings back memories of writing a mail merge program in the '80s using COBOL (totally ill-suited to text processing) to weed out duplicates from hundreds of tapes containing names purchased from various sources with names and addresses in disparate formats. We were always taking on jobs like this totally unrelated to our subscription and financial software business just to make money. A nightmare but it was a great learning experience.
Names and addresses are much more standardized today and there are much better tools to deal with such a mail-merge operation.