• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Privileges: new Wyndham VIP Levels starting late 2020 [Merged]

Bumfoozeled

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Roark, Grand Crown , Wyndham, Vacation Village, Mayan Palace
I know the sales weasels lie!!! But when they share info without trying to sell me something, I get to where I can’t tell if they are really lying or are they just lost in the previous lies.

Went to an update today at Emerald Grande, Destin. Update part was normal except for where the presenter mentioned the new VIP levels that were announced (apparently only to sales) on 5/1/19 effective in 2020. In the individual meeting, I received a bit more detail.
300K for Emerald (15% in the discount window)
400K for Gold
700k for Platinum
1000K for Diamond
1400K for Titanium
Our salesperson even pulled out the note they received and flashed it in front of our eyes. It looked like it would be shared with Owners on 5/16/19. I had already had a bit of a contentious conversation with the weasel and was unable to snap a picture of the letter. I also was not given time to read any of the FAQs.

I am Gold so I asked about how this would impact me.
- Would I now be 'new' Platinum? Only if I bought 64K points.
- Well, what about my current Gold benefits? I’d be Grandfathered.
- Are New Platinum VIP benefits, at the new lower point level the same benefits as current day Platinum owners? Don’t know.

At this point we were lost in the weeds and the salesperson seemed lost as well. We never saw an option for buying more points and were rushed off to gifting. It was an odd ending to the update. Unless they were just totally BSing us, we are going to start hearing and seeing more on this change. Hopefully those attending update sessions in the coming days can gather a bit more info on this change.

Side note. The part of our individual session that got contentious was when the salesperson tried to tell me I'd missed the open enrollment period earlier in the year. What open enrollment period? For what new benefits? 5 things I was told. 1. New Perks (I have perks), 2. Club Pass changes (ie. 10 months for WorldMark reservations), 3. New Rewards Card (they wanted me to apply for a new Rewards card, I'm not doing that), 4. Plus Partners (have that, never saw any value for using) and 5. WWE or World Wide Exchange (I never understood what this was about and I'm sure it's a scam of some sort).

I always enjoy reading about updates. Thought I'd share this one, as odd as it was. The breakfast was good, BTW.
We find that we have always missed some supposed updates. We believe we are grandfathered into whatever category they are changing and don’t plan to buy more points. I enjoy Wyndham—but hate their sales pitches. Always lies.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
“Just saying a non-sequitur” is what you might have posted. Especially given how the VIP benefits primarily under discussion here (VIP discount/unit upgrade) do not even exist in the Worldmark system.

And for the benefits that are common with the Worldmark VIP, they are similar. There might be one exception, but as they say... exceptio probat regulam in casibus non exceptis

Here's an interesting blog which takes exception to 'exceptio probat regulam in casibus non exceptis'.:)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whether it’s $2 - $20 per account, when it’s upwards of 300k -500k eligible accounts that’s nothing to sneeze at. Heck if they’d put a fraction of that money into fixing the many Voyager flaws or educating the VCs that’s a good start. It’s a million or more in the aggregate.

And let’s consider the $299 that Title & Deeding collects per deed transfer. For 10k deed transfers and retail purchases per year, it would bring in $2.99 Mn a year. More than enough to hire more lawyers and many others that perform that function, albeit very slow for resale deed transfers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The very slow transfers only on resale deeds when Wyndham isn't the third party buyer. I f Wyndham is the third party purchaser the ownership transfers in a week of deed being recorded.

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
“Just saying a non-sequitur” is what you might have posted. Especially given how the VIP benefits primarily under discussion here (VIP discount/unit upgrade) do not even exist in the Worldmark system.

And for the benefits that are common with the Worldmark VIP, they are similar. There might be one exception, but as they say... exceptio probat regulam in casibus non exceptis
The point that may have been lost in translation is, "Wyndham knows how to distinguish between resale points and developer points" if they want to.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The point that may have been lost in translation is, "Wyndham knows how to distinguish between resale points and developer points" if they want to.

I would just add that there are different possible interpretations of the message to be drawn from the situation and the existence of the differences that can have a big impact on the business case for their treatment. Wyndham operates many systems that are separate and distinct with different usage rules that lead to different IT implementations that are quite likely not ones that can be simply replicated and standardized across the systems due to the existing rules. They made a choice, conscious or otherwise, not to distinguish between resale points and developer points, as well as points with different anniversary years, in the Club Wyndham system. This resulted in the availability of VIP benefits to resale points owned by VIPs as well as the need to realign all of an owners anniversary dates to a single one. If they were to choose to distinguish between the point sources there would be other unintended consequences they would need to work through such as:
  1. Who chooses which points are used - a VIP would be motivated to use resale points for >60 days out in order to preserve the discount-eligible points as well as the upgrade-eligible points, but there could be special circumstances that change that motivation
  2. If the system chooses the points used, whether or not multiple anniversary years are involved, should it be implemented as FIFO accounting of the points, and if so, how?
  3. How many reservation transactions should be allowed for the resale points in a VIPG/VIPP account? How do reservation transactions get counted for reservations that use both resale and retail points, or should that be forbidden?
  4. How should housekeeping be accounted for the resale points in a VIP account? Similar issues would apply as do for reservation transactions.
  5. Would there be a need to implement different deadlines for various actions like Points for Deposit? The treatment in Club Wyndham is considerably different than it is in WorldMark, where credits have lives that extend beyond their expiration dates.
Those are just the issues that come to mind immediately for me; I have no doubt that there are a lot of others that would need to be considered as well. And that's not even thinking about how they would need to roll out those sorts of changes to existing VIPs or what kind of reactions they would get. Bottom line for me is that they could make the choice to distinguish between resale and retail points, but it might not be in their best interest to do so whether or not they do in other systems. The fact that they operate other systems with that characteristic that are eligible for some degree of interoperability, though it is mostly manual right now, is really a red herring in the consideration of whether they should implement it in this one.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you’re exactly right.
When you start looking at all the variables that are involved with resale points in a VIP account.
The only way to do it would be separate accounts for resale & developer status points, I don’t see that happenig.
I think you’ll see changes on GCs before that happens. There will be fewer free ones & the ones purchased will be higher.
Maybe put a cap of maybe 10mil points per membership number. Maybe a cap on GCs

Wyndham will use other methods to stop cheap rentals before they change the way resale points work in a VIP account.
Why would those of us that bought resale first go buy from Wyndham if they open the second account?? I for one wouldn’t of, I think Wyndham liked us come buying converting us from a resale buyer only account.
Does Wyndham want to lose future sales like ours? I don’t think so!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you’re exactly right.
When you start looking at all the variables that are involved with resale points in a VIP account.
The only way to do it would be separate accounts for resale & developer status points, I don’t see that happenig.
I think you’ll see changes on GCs before that happens. There will be fewer free ones & the ones purchased will be higher.
Maybe put a cap of maybe 10mil points per membership number. Maybe a cap on GCs

Wyndham will use other methods to stop cheap rentals before they change the way resale points work in a VIP account.
Why would those of us that bought resale first go buy from Wyndham if they open the second account?? I for one wouldn’t of, I think Wyndham liked us come buying converting us from a resale buyer only account.
Does Wyndham want to lose future sales like ours? I don’t think so!
Are you suggesting to Wyndham ways to cut VIP benefits with reducing of GC's? LOL! What other methods other then limiting GC's could you suggest to Wyndham that will reduce VIP benefits? The use of resale points with VIP benefits is the reason for the cheap rentals. Sales has used this sales tactic "renting points in the 50% discount window" as away to pay maintenance fees. The Wyndham math of paying maintenance fees has helped sales to sell more points then one can use but also created the problem of cheap rentals.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Are you suggesting to Wyndham ways to cut VIP benefits with reducing of GC's? LOL! What other methods other then limiting GC's could you suggest to Wyndham that will reduce VIP benefits? The use of resale points with VIP benefits is the reason for the cheap rentals. Sales has used this sales tactic "renting points in the 50% discount window" as away to pay maintenance fees. The Wyndham math of paying maintenance fees has helped sales to sell more points then one can use but also created the problem of cheap rentals.
I have to disagree. People figuring out ways to strip accounts, or use points and unload the contracts provides cheap rentals. The red flag is seeing rentals far below maintenance fees. Wyndham is discounting reservations in October for times that sell out months in advance - that will provide cheaper rentals and VIP benefits don't come into play on those. You really think cheap rentals is a big target for Wyndham these days? I do not.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The use of resale points with VIP benefits is the reason for the cheap rentals. Sales has used this sales tactic "renting points in the 50% discount window" as away to pay maintenance fees. The Wyndham math of paying maintenance fees has helped sales to sell more points then one can use but also created the problem of cheap rentals.
I must think Wyndham decision makers understand their options a hell of a lot more than you do. I think they fully understand GCs & they’ve been discussed so I’m not revealing any big secret just like I posted Wyndham knows full well how resale points work in a VIP account.

I agree with you on the sales tactic of “renting points in the 50% discount window” sales can still use that sales tactics.
Sales can still tout the “Wyndham Math” as you put it.

Sandi Bo is a seasoned veteran owner & can’t get the proper amount of GCs. That’s what has my attention!!

I’m a VIP pointing out that Wyndham has other options than 2 accounts IF they decide resale points in a VIP account is a problem & is the cause of too many cheap rentals to be available

You’re not a VIP only wanting Wyndham to take away VIP benefits & trying to figure out ways to get free points by stripping contracts.
You’ve posted that Wyndham has told you that you will not be able to get the stripped free points next year.
Sounds like Wyndham has decided your stripping method is a PROBLEM & is putting a stop to it!!

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also agree with Sandi Bo that cheap rentals aren’t a big target today or Wyndham would make changes now & put out a Directory Supplement

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have to disagree. People figuring out ways to strip accounts, or use points and unload the contracts provides cheap rentals. The red flag is seeing rentals far below maintenance fees. Wyndham is discounting reservations in October for times that sell out months in advance - that will provide cheaper rentals and VIP benefits don't come into play on those. You really think cheap rentals is a big target for Wyndham these days? I do not.

I am still trying to figure out why Wyndham is discounting reservations for everyone at Bonnet Creek and clear into the Fall. It makes no sense that they would discount Bonnet Creek like that because it is the one resort that never has low occupancy issues. What makes even less sense is that Bonnet Creek is the most highly rented resort. You would think Wyndham is actively trying to encourage renting and worse a glut of cheap rentals. Will they then use the out of control renting to justify making changes that once again won't just impact VIP/Privileges owners but every Wyndham owner? When Wyndham does stuff like this it is well thought out to serve their purposes, often on a number of levels. So what's the catch?

Catch: noun, a hidden problem or disadvantage in an apparently ideal situation.

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Wyndham data structure, with MEMBER as central to the data schema, was flawed from the start, imo. I don't understand why they didn't correctly start off with the concept of accounts just like a bank or stock brokerage. It's easier and much more elegant to specify rules for each type of account. They can accord privileges at the Account level and some more aggregate privileges at the Member level just like BoA does with its Preferred Rewards program. I don't know why Wyndham IT ignored 'best practices' well known in many industries. If I can see it without the benefit looking at their DB specs, I am sure there are people in Wyndham IT who see it too.
It's historical baggage or bad foundation but nobody there seems to be willing to confront it head-on. Or, that's exactly what they are planning to do. Why else would they spend millions of dollars? Spending more money on Voyager frontend without fixing the structural flaws in the backend will cost them in the long run.
Let's see if I am right and the smart people at Wyndham IT boldly go where they had been reluctant to go before. :)

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A quick way to do this to assign MEMBER number 1000 with resale 2 accounts 1000-D and 1000-R holding developer and resale deed respectively. But that would be a shortcut to solving yesterday's problems. I would think bigger and anticipate tomorrow's problems and come up with a comprehensive solution. I would think in terms of bringing Wordmark, Shell, etc. under one IT umbrella. So, customers can have any number of accounts each with its own rules. It would make online reservations across clubs so much easier.
We can dream, can't we? Hello Wyndham IT, you can do it. Go BIG or Go home!:)

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your bank analogy doesn’t work for the resale points in a VIP account.
With banks you can freely move your money from one account to another to get the best benefit.
A bank will not lose your business if you have 3 or 4 accounts receiving different benefits such as interest rates.

If VIPs with a resale account could move points freely between the 2 accounts it would defeat the purpose of having 2 accounts.
Wyndham will lose sales if they put certain types of points in separate accounts & the Owner can’t move the points[$$] freely in the different accounts.
Wyndham uses point allocations instead of separate accounts. It’s not perfect & implicating a VIP allocation has too many variables that may not make it feasible.
I can’t imagine separate accounts instead of the current point allocations.
Example you’d have owners with separate accounts for :
Every Resort you own at
CWA
An owner might own at 3 or 4 Outrigger Resorts that need separated.
PR could be owned at a resort that you also own Select points at
You could own converted weeks at the same resort you own UDI points at.

Now split resale from direct purchases you’ve just doubled the above accounts & I’m sure I didn’t cover some other types of ownership
A true nightmare that will NEVER happen. Yes I’ll say never

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
By definition, analogy refers to correspondence or partial similarity and does not imply congruity. With analogies, you have to have an open mind to see how it applies and not indulge in a 'reductio ad absurdum' argument citing dissimilarities to discredit the analogy.

I can easily counter your presumption that you will automatically be able to move points across accounts just like in a bank. I have IRA and ROTH-IRA accounts and I cannot move money freely across those accounts.

With Chase, I have multiple credit card accounts. The only thing I can move between those accounts is the credit limit. You can have a consumer and/or pro account with Home Depot. You can have a buyer and seller accounts eBay, Amazon, et al.

I am sure there would be problems but they are not unsolvable. One could choose to think of a thousand problems to argue against an idea as undoable or strive to find one solution that makes it a reality. I prefer the latter approach. In my experience, I have found it to yield successful results.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Wyndham data structure, with MEMBER as central to the data schema, was flawed from the start, imo. I don't understand why they didn't correctly start off with the concept of accounts just like a bank or stock brokerage. It's easier and much more elegant to specify rules for each type of account. They can accord privileges at the Account level and some more aggregate privileges at the Member level just like BoA does with its Preferred Rewards program. I don't know why Wyndham IT ignored 'best practices' well known in many industries. If I can see it without the benefit looking at their DB specs, I am sure there are people in Wyndham IT who see it too.
It's historical baggage or bad foundation but nobody there seems to be willing to confront it head-on. Or, that's exactly what they are planning to do. Why else would they spend millions of dollars? Spending more money on Voyager frontend without fixing the structural flaws in the backend will cost them in the long run.
Let's see if I am right and the smart people at Wyndham IT boldly go where they had been reluctant to go before. :)

In many of our dreams IT would be given all the information they need, sufficient interaction with actual owners to see how to make things work the best way possible, and the higher ups would listen to them.

The old adage follow the money usually applies. Ron P. once told me that it wasn't done that way to start with because of the number of people worked at various levels with Fairfield then Wyndham who were in a position to benefit from it and did. Many of us are well aware that pretty much anyone in Wyndham can look at our accounts and easily tell what we purchased developer and what was resale from the way they are number coded.

Sorry everyone but I'm doing it again with giving him background information. Back from when Voyager went live to now the topic of the website has seen a tremendous amount of discussion. With people who have extensive IT and web design backgrounds weighing in. The PTB, Powers That Be, in Wyndham didn't understand what IT was telling them and weren't willing to allocate the money for IT to do what needed done. Their sole answer has been well just fix it, like it's that easy. They didn't or refused to understand that anything that IT does is putting lipstick on a pig. You may not know this but the old system still exists alongside Voyager and Wyndham still actively uses it because the new system can't do some of the things the old one did.

Our resident experts have said that Wyndham didn't or wouldn't understand that a system that has had as many patches and fixes as this one has is fraught with never ending problem. I remember posting that after two years of our account being fixed an old problem had resurfaced. Someone explained why this happens. After Voyager came online we were one of the many owners who were unable to access our accounts and it took months to get all the issues resolved. In our case it took two months. I got weekly phone calls with them having me follow their instructions to test what was working in our account as it should and what still needed fixed. One of the issues I remember the most was the reservation that no one could get to cancel. A month after the check in date passed it was still showing as a current reservation. If I remember correctly Wyndham gave us a one time point award for our inconvenience and patience during those two months all the issues were being fixed. To this day a couple of times a year one of the issues will reoccur. I will randomly have a reservation disappear and when that happens there will be at least one other reservation showing twice. It will stay that way for a few weeks and then everything will be okay again.

A huge problem is that the people who designed the current website were dealing with too many of the executive level decision makers listening to too much sales/marketing input and concerns. Clearly neither they nor the IT people responsible for design of the new website had a good or clear concept of needs and wants of the owners who actually use the website. The decision makers saw the pretty pictures on the opening page and were sold. The not so funny part is that those pictures and having to scroll down to get past them has been one of the things that irritated owners a lot.

One of the biggest touted benefits to VIP owners was supposed to be that they could request specific unit numbers if that unit was available. But the epic fail is that they never gave those owners the necessary information to be able to do that. In the resort information there should have been layouts of the resorts with the unit numbers and types of those units. Some of us have those charts for some resorts that we got from the salespeople so clearly in some cases they already exist and it wouldn't have been that hard to do.

At the next two owners meetings Wyndham had their people, some of them IT people I hope, sitting down with owners to have them explain what they wanted and needed the website to do and how the current website failed to meet those wants and needs. That made it very clear to even us non experts how severely handicapped the designers had been with not knowing what they needed to know when they designed the website. We also learned from our resident experts how often IT is forced to tweak things to better suit in this case sales and marketing. How they are rarely listened to when the advise the PTB that certain things won't work.

I was very unimpressed with the announcement that Wyndham proudly made about how they are investing millions into IT and the website is now 50%? faster. I wouldn't have cared if the website was 50% slower if many of the issues were fixed.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
No I do not think that rentals are a big target for Wyndham. I was repling to the comment
I am still trying to figure out why Wyndham is discounting reservations for everyone at Bonnet Creek and clear into the Fall. It makes no sense that they would discount Bonnet Creek like that because it is the one resort that never has low occupancy issues. What makes even less sense is that Bonnet Creek is the most highly rented resort. You would think Wyndham is actively trying to encourage renting and worse a glut of cheap rentals. Will they then use the out of control renting to justify making changes that once again won't just impact VIP/Privileges owners but every Wyndham owner? When Wyndham does stuff like this it is well thought out to serve their purposes, often on a number of levels. So what's the catch?

Catch: noun, a hidden problem or disadvantage in an apparently ideal situation.
I have to agree with you on this statement. Wyndham does stuff like this to serve their own purposes 100% of the time.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I must think Wyndham decision makers understand their options a hell of a lot more than you do. I think they fully understand GCs & they’ve been discussed so I’m not revealing any big secret just like I posted Wyndham knows full well how resale points work in a VIP account.

I agree with you on the sales tactic of “renting points in the 50% discount window” sales can still use that sales tactics.
Sales can still tout the “Wyndham Math” as you put it.

Sandi Bo is a seasoned veteran owner & can’t get the proper amount of GCs. That’s what has my attention!!

I’m a VIP pointing out that Wyndham has other options than 2 accounts IF they decide resale points in a VIP account is a problem & is the cause of too many cheap rentals to be available

You’re not a VIP only wanting Wyndham to take away VIP benefits & trying to figure out ways to get free points by stripping contracts.
You’ve posted that Wyndham has told you that you will not be able to get the stripped free points next year.
Sounds like Wyndham has decided your stripping method is a PROBLEM & is putting a stop to it!!
The stripping of contracts is not allowed and contracts are not transferred with future use year points that have been used unless the $12/1000 is paid. Wyndham has tried to stop the trading of contracts to eliminate the competition to Ovations or when they do buy contracts third party. As Jan stated "When Wyndham does stuff like this it is well thought out to serve their purposes, often on a number of levels". Wyndham does not care if current use year points have been used. The negative balance was also to stop the trading of contracts and to help Ovations take back more deeds to feed their sales machine.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let me reiterate, Voyage or the reservation website is merely a window into the backend. It is limited to providing availability information and taking reservations that are sent to the backend for execution. They could not have spent millions on that frontend. If they did, they made a poor investment. My guess is a lot of things had to be done on the backend to accommodate the frontend. But they don't seem to have done a thorough job. Even this simple frontend window is poorly organized with information all over the place and unsearchable. The omission of a dashboard is inexcusable. Instead, they put up silly pictures. Lipstick on a pig is an apt description. It's still a pig that pretends to fly! :)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me reiterate, Voyage or the reservation website is merely a window into the backend. It is limited to providing availability information and taking reservations that are sent to the backend for execution. They could not have spent millions on that frontend. If they did, they made a poor investment. My guess is a lot of things had to be done on the backend to accommodate the frontend. But they don't seem to have done a thorough job. Even this simple frontend window is poorly organized with information all over the place and unsearchable. The omission of a dashboard is inexcusable. Instead, they put up silly pictures. Lipstick on a pig is an apt description. It's still a pig that pretends to fly! :)
The most successful companies today have the easiest online ordering websites. Amazon is where they are today because of the online ordering ease of use. I like to compare Mcmaster Carr to Grainger. One is very user friendly and prompts you to your next move. The other makes you want to pull your hair out. No reason why Wyndham has not invested the time and money into creating a 1st class online experience for all owners.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
No reason why Wyndham has not invested the time and money into creating a 1st class online experience for all owners.

I don't agree with this part of what you said. Wyndham has invested a ridiculous amount of time and money. Unfortunately it was on a very subpar product. Given what you've frequently posted doesn't this strike you as very ironic? Here we have a company that actively endorses and supports their employees in convincing people in some cases to make very unwise or ill considered purchases given those peoples circumstances. That same company spends countless hours and millions of dollars on a website that from what we've learned from our resident IT and web design experts Wyndham had to have been repeatedly advised by likely a number of IT experts that what they had was a big, smelly pile of doo-doo. Some of our resident experts posted that they have had experience with being asked to take on jobs or consult in cases like this and won't even consider it. Doesn't it seem like karmic justice that Wyndham had their own equivalent of TUG and they wouldn't listen or learn?

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with this part of what you said. Wyndham has invested a ridiculous amount of time and money. Unfortunately it was on a very subpar product. Given what you've frequently posted doesn't this strike you as very ironic? Here we have a company that actively endorses and supports their employees in convincing people in some cases to make very unwise of ill considered purchases given those peoples circumstances. That same company spends countless hours and millions of dollars on a website that from what we've learned from our resident IT and web design experts they had to have been repeatedly advised was a big, smelly pile of doo-doo by likely a number of IT experts. Some of our resident experts posted that they have had experience with being asked to take on jobs or consult in cases like this and won't even consider it. Doesn't it seem like karmic justice that Wyndham had their own equivalent of TUG and they refused to listen or learn?
Thats my point the updated website is horrible. Not much better the the old one and is not very user friendly. The money spent to fix up a used car exceeds the cost of a new one. Problem is its still a used car with little value and is a maintenance nightmare.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

There is not a single back end - and that is why the system does not function well. Wyndham Destinations is a conglomeration of various timeshare acquisitions over time. Many of the core reservation systems that manage the Wyndham owned resorts (not including Worldmark, SVC, etc, which are entirely disparate systems AFAIK), remain disparate. In other words that are many different disparate databases. Voyager consists of two primary components - a front end website and a middleware system that interfaces with the various reservation systems at the resorts via the middleware. There is no central data warehouse either. At least this is my understanding based upon someone I know who used to work in IT at Wyndham.

There is yet another major IT project, which was discussed briefly at the owners meeting - it may have been called Project Holiday - that has funding to attempt to replace Voyager - and this system is tied to Privileges at least from what little I’ve been able to determine. This project was initially focused on the clubwyndham.com website - which you can already access and switch to if you wish - even though it’s not finalized just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are always multiple databases and multiple systems in any large company addressing different aspects of the business. I am certain their accounting systems (AR,AP,PO, FA, GL, etc) are on a completely different system. Perhaps the Oracle ERP suite.

If you're saying reservation system is not centralized in the backend but distributed with each resort managing its own reservations and availability of inventory, I can visualize that. The Voyager's reservation backend is simply a broker which communicates with the individual resort reservation systems. In fact, that's how Expedia, Orbitz, Kayak, et al. operate, A broker sending and receiving messages from various reservation systems and other brokers.

But I am talking about TS operations, their core business which requires MEMBERSHIP management and handles VIP benefit rules, Points award and usage. This has to be on a central database for Wyndham Destinations. I am sure there's a separate one for Worldmark etc. This is where TS structural issues must be addressed. This is where separate resale, retail accounts can be established. And, this is where I am suggesting they can take a comprehensive approach to consolidate various Clubs under a single IT umbrella. Anyway, all this is just my brainstorming without the benefit of a peek into their systems.

Btw, do you have access to a systems diagram of the entire TS management system and its interaction with Voyager and Voyager's backend?That would be great to see.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's one example of a resort management system. I would like to see a diagram like this for Wyndham. Extra Holidays, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com and others all have API interfaces with Wyndham. You can see that in Google maps.

1578873401722.png