• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coconut Plantation - Hyatt Regency Access

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking at going to Coconut Plantation this summer. While, I think we would have a great time at the Coconut Plantation pool complex, we are really, really interested in checking out the Hyatt Regency pool complex (for at least a day or two).

I know that there are blackout dates during the summer, but from online reviews it looks like there are a limited amount of wristbands that are available in the morning on a first-come, first-serve basis. We are looking at going in the middle of July.

Can anyone confirm how this works?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at the hotel for four days over Christmas, the ban was in effect. There was an adult pool, a waterfall pool, a zero entry pool with a small waterslide. A lazy river poolwith to bigger waterslides and the lazy river. It was nice, but nothing compared to waterpark in Wisconsin Dells. What was different were drinks for 15 and rows of chairs, lots of wait staff, great big towels that you could leave behind and have as many as you want. Beautiful grounds.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is view from our room, you can see the waterslides

Attachments

• 490488B1-53D6-46B5-8514-44A2C77EF57D.jpeg
    490488B1-53D6-46B5-8514-44A2C77EF57D.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 57

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at the hotel for four days over Christmas, the ban was in effect. There was an adult pool, a waterfall pool, a zero entry pool with a small waterslide. A lazy river poolwith to bigger waterslides and the lazy river. It was nice, but nothing compared to waterpark in Wisconsin Dells. What was different were drinks for 15 and rows of chairs, lots of wait staff, great big towels that you could leave behind and have as many as you want. Beautiful grounds.

Thanks for the info! I think we would want at least a day or two using the amenities at the hotel side...so I'm a little hesitant to book in the residence club side without knowing for certain if we can use the amenities as guests of the residence club.

I am a little bit tempted to book at the Hyatt Regency with some credit card points that I have (just to guarantee use of the amenities for a day or two), but we exceed the max occupancy of the hotel room (we are a family of 5). With the age of our children, we wouldn't want them in a separate room (even if it were connecting).

If a limited number of wristbands are available (even on a first-come, first-serve basis) to residence club guests, I think I could work around that....it's tricky to find information about how everything works though.

Any additional insight would be appreciated from anyone.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I think we would want at least a day or two using the amenities at the hotel side...so I'm a little hesitant to book in the residence club side without knowing for certain if we can use the amenities as guests of the residence club.

I am a little bit tempted to book at the Hyatt Regency with some credit card points that I have (just to guarantee use of the amenities for a day or two), but we exceed the max occupancy of the hotel room (we are a family of 5). With the age of our children, we wouldn't want them in a separate room (even if it were connecting).

If a limited number of wristbands are available (even on a first-come, first-serve basis) to residence club guests, I think I could work around that....it's tricky to find information about how everything works though.

Any additional insight would be appreciated from anyone.
It didn’t seem like they kept track of wristbands. You went in to get towels near the pool. They would ask name and room number, look on a list, and give them out.
Mt daughter got three rooms, we were on 15th Florida, just the two of us. The other two rooms were on 17th floor,adjoining. They had eight people, oh my was it crowded. She has three boys, 5 to 10. She had the nanny and her husband in the adjoining room and the 16 year old daughter. They went to Orlando after and had so much luggage and toys. The 17th floor has a lounge with food at different times. It was a great feature.
I wish I had taken a video of them all leaving. Eight people pulling large suitcases with several bags and toys and coolers and all the kids in earphones. We filled two big cars to the brim, and then they got a five row van to get to Orlando and barely got everything in

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It didn’t seem like they kept track of wristbands. You went in to get towels near the pool. They would ask name and room number, look on a list, and give them out.
Mt daughter got three rooms, we were on 15th Florida, just the two of us. The other two rooms were on 17th floor,adjoining. They had eight people, oh my was it crowded. She has three boys, 5 to 10. She had the nanny and her husband in the adjoining room and the 16 year old daughter. They went to Orlando after and had so much luggage and toys. The 17th floor has a lounge with food at different times. It was a great feature.
I wish I had taken a video of them all leaving. Eight people pulling large suitcases with several bags and toys and coolers and all the kids in earphones. We filled two big cars to the brim, and then they got a five row van to get to Orlando and barely got everything in

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like quite a circus, which actually makes me feel a bit better about the scene we create when we travel. Our favorite experience was when my wife tore her MCL when our twins were 3 months old, and our daughter had just turned 4. I had to push my wife in the wheelchair through the Denver and Phoenix airport, who in turn pushed the twins in the stroller, while our 4 year old tagged along....it was quite the train.

So just a little bit of information to help others out with my original question:
I called the HRC Coconut Plantation front desk and they were SUPER, SUPER helpful. Here's how it works:

Full bans between the two resorts are in effect for the week of the Fourth of July (June 27th - July 4th) and on weekends during peak summer. This means the hotel guests can't come to HRC, and the HRC guests can't use the hotel amenities -- I'm sure the restaurants, etc, would be happy to take our money.

There are limitations in the number of wristbands that are given out to HRC guests. One week prior to check in, you may call to put yourself on the list for wristbands for any day during your stay. You may only be on the list for a single day, then you can add your name to the lists for other days once you've picked up your wristbands. Wristbands that aren't claimed by using the list may be picked up in the morning.

Basically it sounds like as long as you don't go during a ban, you shouldn't have any issues using the amenities on the hotel side for at least one day of your visit, and you should be able to work out additional days once you are there.

I think this is a fair way of doing things and will work perfectly for our stay. We only plan on doing 2-4 nights since we are adding this onto a separate vacation in the area.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were their the week leading up to Easter this past year and the ban was in effect. I would assume if you are going July 4th week, it probably will. Not sure about the rest of the month. I suppose you could always call and ask if they would typically shut down that offer the week you are thinking.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I'm heading to the residence club in February and I hope I can use the Hyatt pool one of the days we are there...

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to the residence club in February and I hope I can use the Hyatt pool one of the days we are there...

I would call the front desk with your dates. It sounds like full bans are just for certain weeks (Christmas / New Years, Fourth of July, Easter, etc) and you just need to get on a list to get a wristband at the Hyatt Regency. Look at my previous post that explains how it works in the summer....I'd imagine less busy time periods during Winter / Spring work similarly.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I would call the front desk with your dates. It sounds like full bans are just for certain weeks (Christmas / New Years, Fourth of July, Easter, etc) and you just need to get on a list to get a wristband at the Hyatt Regency. Look at my previous post that explains how it works in the summer....I'd imagine less busy time periods during Winter / Spring work similarly.

thanks, I will do that this week