• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help on making WKORV offer?

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So looking into making an offer on a WKORV unit. The 2020 MFs have been paid and owner is looking for reimbursement of MFs, in addition to sales price. They’ve already reserved a week 50 for the 2 br unit

1) am I better off asking for first use year being 2021?
2] with week 50 already reserved, can I still convert to star options for 2020, or is that ability gone now that week 50 has been reserved
3) if I agree to reimburse for 2020 use year, can I use the 2020 star options in 2021?
4) subject to availability, are star options received equal to what you can reserve? (I thought in Marriott DC points there was a haircut and points you got weren’t quite enough to reserve your similar unit
5) by reimbursing owner for 2020 MFs am I going to be able to at least get my MFs back should I rent my unit since our trips for 2020 are already booked and we can’t fit another week of vacation
6) can some tell me if there is availability for 1 br or studios at Westin Maui timeshares for check-in 8/9/20; send me a PM.

Thanks

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
So looking into making an offer on a WKORV unit. The 2020 MFs have been paid and owner is looking for reimbursement of MFs, in addition to sales price. They’ve already reserved a week 50 for the 2 br unit

2] with week 50 already reserved, can I still convert to star options for 2020, or is that ability gone now that week 50 has been reserved
3) if I agree to reimburse for 2020 use year, can I use the 2020 star options in 2021?
4) subject to availability, are star options received equal to what you can reserve? (I thought in Marriott DC points there was a haircut and points you got weren’t quite enough to reserve your similar unit
5) by reimbursing owner for 2020 MFs am I going to be able to at least get my MFs back should I rent my unit since our trips for 2020 are already booked and we can’t fit another week of vacation
6) can some tell me if there is availability for 1 br or studios at Westin Maui timeshares for check-in 8/9/20; send me a PM.

Thanks
1 - depends if you want to use 2020 options then no, it’s still early enough to use it for 2020
2 - If you want to use the options in 2020 they can cancel the reservation
3 - If you want to reimburse for 2020 MF and use options in 2021 then you would pay to bank those. If they bank them they will stay in their account assuming they have other ownership. (If they bank before the sale goes through and they own another VOI then the options would not transfer to you. I sold a harborside and had banked options from the year I sold the unit (2019). The sale closed in 2019 after I banked and I kept those options in 2020) make sure they don’t bank for you.
4 - Deeds are designated an option amount based on unit size and week.
4 - There is a calendar online that will tell you the options needed for the time of year and unit size you want at each resort.
5 - depends on when and what you have booked. So many factors with that question. If you can’t use 2020 options then I would have it close ASAP then bank options. The reservation they have for week 50 should transfer to your ownership. You can then cancel and bank the options as long as its before July 1st I think it the date.
6 - as of right now I only see princEville studio avail for the date you asked

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)

It depends on whether you can use the year this year or not or whether you would have a use for the options over the next two years if banked.

If the reservation is canceled you would get the ability to do a home resort reservation or bank them as SO (would be good until Dec. 31, 2022). Note that SO would have to be banked by June 30 - after that you would have to go the II route to trade.

No skim in Vistana. What you pay for is what you get for the most part (some resorts do allow you to book your deeded week into a higher season than what you have SO for but those are limited cases - for example SDO)

Can't help you on this one with regards to rental potential.

Your best bet would probably be to bank the options for this year. You should have plenty of time to get the account transferred over. We were in a similar position last year. We bought a WKORV-N and the seller gave us free 2019 usage as part of the deal. We bought in March and it was in our Vistana account late May. We banked the options since we could not use. We're now taking a two week trip to Maui in 2020 instead of a one week.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
It depends on whether you can use the year this year or not or whether you would have a use for the options over the next two years if banked.

If the reservation is canceled you would get the ability to do a home resort reservation or bank them as SO (would be good until Dec. 31, 2022). Note that SO would have to be banked by June 30 - after that you would have to go the II route to trade.

No skim in Vistana. What you pay for is what you get for the most part (some resorts do allow you to book your deeded week into a higher season than what you have SO for but those are limited cases - for example SDO)

Can't help you on this one with regards to rental potential.

Your best bet would probably be to bank the options for this year. You should have plenty of time to get the account transferred over. We were in a similar position last year. We bought a WKORV-N and the seller gave us free 2019 usage as part of the deal. We bought in March and it was in our Vistana account late May. We banked the options since we could not use. We're now taking a two week trip to Maui in 2020 instead of a one week.
Thanks. Not really interested in renting but as a last resort to get my MFs back. But since I can bank 2020 star options good thru at least 12/31/21, I’m good. So I can really convert a 2020 use week by 6/30/20 for star options good thru 12/31/21? What’s the fee to cancel a week and fee to bank star options?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. Not really interested in renting but as a last resort to get my MFs back. But since I can bank 2020 star options good thru at least 12/31/21, I’m good. So I can really convert a 2020 use week by 6/30/20 for star options good thru 12/31/21? What’s the fee to cancel a week and fee to bank star options?

Actually you have until Dec. 31 two years out - so you would have until the end of 2022 to use the banked SO. So yes - you could use it in a subsequent year to extend a vacation there by a few days (or even two if you use part of the SO in 2021 and 2022) - you could also hop over to Kauai for a week after a week on Maui or head to Mexico. WKORV and WKORV-N book up fast so you'll have to be sure to be right on at midnight 8 months prior to get peak season SO weeks.

No fee to cancel a week I believe (as long as at least 60 days before - then the rules start getting a bit hairy with "restricted SO" - but that shouldn't apply in this case). Banking for non-elite owners is $109 I believe.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I

Thanks
I assume this is an annual unit not a Biennial? Because that would make a difference on banking and use years.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I assume this is an annual unit not a Biennial? Because that would make a difference on banking and use years.

How? You can bank from an odd year and use in an even year. I think the only restrictions are on borrowing from a future year - odd can only be borrowed into odd and even into even.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
I

Yes, I’m looking at an annual use unit, so no biennial issues

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
How? You can bank from an odd year and use in an even year. I think the only restrictions are on borrowing from a future year - odd can only be borrowed into odd and even into even.
Correct. Not bank. To pull from for future use