• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

where should i sell my timeshare?

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
i have bought my timeshare 4800 pts hgvc paradise las vegas, from 5 years as a resale from the first owner, i have checked the prices on a lot of website and i find it varies in a big range, so i don't know whats the legit website and the accurate range of price?
anyone can help me in that?
thanks

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I’ve posted via RedWeek and TUG.

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks do you have an idea about the price i can reuqest?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bes to look at various sources (Redweek, TUG, some of the brokers listed elsewhere on this site) for similar listings as a reference.

Cheers.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Note that the advertising listing sites (where you pay a big upfront fee to place your ad on their website), is loaded with overpriced timeshares that are never going to sell. These listing companies vary from rip-offs for what you get with your upfront fee to outright scams. These listing companies want you to believe your timeshare is worth a lot more than it is in reality so that you think the fee is “reasonable”. Don’t pay upfront fees to sell your timeshare as it will be more sunk costs not to be recouped and if/when you do sell it probably won’t be the result of their website. Good luck!

bevans

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
hgvc Flamingo, hgvc Paradise
I own at both Paradise and Flamingo two 7000 and and one 4800 point unit. I expect your 4800 Paradise is worth some where between $2000-$3000 due to low maintenance fees. Curt

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I own at both Paradise and Flamingo two 7000 and and one 4800 point unit. I expect your 4800 Paradise is worth some where between $2000-$3000 due to low maintenance fees. Curt

Yup, The Paradise’s MF’s are getting close to The Boulevard’s. If prices right, it will sell quickly.

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's why i bought it on first place :)

thanks all for the help

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Note that the advertising listing sites (where you pay a big upfront fee to place your ad on their website), is loaded with overpriced timeshares that are never going to sell. These listing companies vary from rip-offs for what you get with your upfront fee to outright scams. These listing companies want you to believe your timeshare is worth a lot more than it is in reality so that you think the fee is “reasonable”. Don’t pay upfront fees to sell your timeshare as it will be more sunk costs not to be recouped and if/when you do sell it probably won’t be the result of their website. Good luck!

In general, yes, Although there is an option in Redweek to pay a small up-front fee to then have them do all the work with buyers and paperwork. My understanding is that this one is legit, even with the small up-front fee.

Cheers.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
In general, yes, Although there is an option in Redweek to pay a small up-front fee to then have them do all the work with buyers and paperwork. My understanding is that this one is legit, even with the small up-front fee.

Cheers.

Don’t disagree although I wouldn’t compare Redweek to the advertising listing companies. At least Redweek is providing a service for those fees. The advertising listing companies do nothing but take a huge upfront fee (hundreds or even thousands of dollars) and place the ad on their hard to navigate website. Other than the ad, all they promise to do going forward is send you any offers that an interested party might have. Offers are likely rare at those high prices and the listing companies that border on scams probably get annoyed having to forward offers because it takes time from cold calling trying to get more upfront fees. Even SMTN, which has been around a number of years, is focused on upfront fees. The available listings of all those timeshares for sale on their website takes a backseat to them trying to get customers to sign up to list their timeshare. The timeshares for sale is almost an afterthought on their website.