• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Lifetime Platinum is worthless (sort of) - DUH moment

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
You’re correct.

I’m not accustomed to speaking with anyone who uses double negatives as we were taught in English classes that it was a grammatically improper and unacceptable way to use the English language.

I was taught the golden rule... It is certainly improper, but it's fun at times. Live a little.

I would estimate I am 10 for 10 on late checkout, when I asked. I have never been denied my request. To me, the solution is obvious. You can sit back, hope someone gives it to you without asking as you insist should happen, or, do what everyone else is doing and get it. It's a one minute phone call, not a big deal. The track record speaks for itself.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it to become Titanium? We needs four (4) more nights to reach the Titanium level by the end of this year .

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Is it worth it to become Titanium? We needs four (4) more nights to reach the Titanium level by the end of this year .
Did you make your choice on your Platinum gift yet.....if not, can pick the 5 Elite Nights and whammo, you are there.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fasttr, that never can to our minds.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
One of the choices for hitting 75 nights is a free 40k single stay certificate. Might be worth it to you.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks frank808 for the information.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Better yet, use the 5 elite nights awarded at the 50 mark to get you to the 75 night mark. Then choose the free 40k night!

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
The SNA are hit or miss, but if you get a hit, it can be the best! I got a $600/night upgrade.

travelinmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, it does say the late checkout is a guarantee when requested-per the post above. Sorry you have difficulty accessing it. At this point, we are talking in circles.

It says at “participating properties.” Marriott doesn’t own most of the properties, they just manage them. The property can decide if/when to allow the benefit. I appreciate the properties that recognize our elite status level for various benefits, but it doesn’t happen at every property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farinc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was taught the golden rule... It is certainly improper, but it's fun at times. Live a little.

I would estimate I am 10 for 10 on late checkout, when I asked. I have never been denied my request. To me, the solution is obvious. You can sit back, hope someone gives it to you without asking as you insist should happen, or, do what everyone else is doing and get it. It's a one minute phone call, not a big deal. The track record speaks for itself.

my comments are empirical in nature and have very little to do with my actions. To note, when someone provides me something in writing that says, these are your benefits, it’s not unreasonable to believe it. It’s just a big nauseating game that puts us in a position of being a glorified beggar of something that we should not be required to ask for. It’s either a guarantee or it’s not.

farinc

TUG Member
Reaction score
It says at “participating properties.” Marriott doesn’t own most of the properties, they just manage them. The property can decide if/when to allow the benefit. I appreciate the properties that recognize our elite status level for various benefits, but it doesn’t happen at every property.

Myra, it’s wonderful when they recognize you at checkin yet give you nothing. Whoopee

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Using SNAs I recently had 2 great upgrades in Europe. Nice corner Junior Suite at the Boscolo Nice France with a large bathtub and a beautiful 2 room 2 bathroom suite at the Sheraton in Tel Aviv. Don't know if without the SNA's I would have gotten the upgrades but who knows since it was low season.

Right now I need 1 more night to maintain my Titanuim status and have 140 points left in my account that must be used before the end of the year, so it looks like I will be spending a night in Palm Desert in the next few weeks as that is the only option nearby that costs less than my 140 points.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score

Actually it says, "4 p.m. local time of the Participating Property." That means if the property participates in the Bonvoy program.

Some do not-very few. But if they participate IN THE PROGRAM and are not a resort or convention hotel, they must provide this. Again, some try to weasel out, but they can be called out. They don't get to choose which benefits apply-its all or nothing.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
Did you make your choice on your Platinum gift yet.....if not, can pick the 5 Elite Nights and whammo, you are there.

MB obviously doesn’t offer the same rewards to everyone as I was not offered 5 elite nights as a choice.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
It is on the website when you make your selection. It is available to all who made 50 and 75 nights.

Irrespective of what your web site tells you, it was not one of the choices for me.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
MB obviously doesn’t offer the same rewards to everyone as I was not offered 5 elite nights as a choice.

All Marriott Bonvoy members from Platinum upwards should receive this option with 50 qualifying nights.
https://www.marriott.co.uk/loyalty/member-benefits/platinum.mi
Choose one from the following: five Suite Night Awards™, give the gift of Silver Elite status, 40% off your favourite mattress, five Elite Night Credits or a US$100 charity donation.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wierd...I haven't stayed in a Marriott hotel in over 20 years. Yesterday I received a package from Bonvoy with Postal Tracking. Inside was a (heavy metal) Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite Card with my name and my old Marriott Rewards Number engraved on the back...

George

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
I assume the suite night awards are calendar year based and expire at the end of the year?

I just made Platinum, but with no travel planned this month, it looks like I can just do the UNICEF donation for 2019. Do I then get another award selection after 1 Jan 2020..or do I revert to Gold until I hit 50 nights in 2020?

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I assume the suite night awards are calendar year based and expire at the end of the year?

I just made Platinum, but with no travel planned this month, it looks like I can just do the UNICEF donation for 2019. Do I then get another award selection after 1 Jan 2020..or do I revert to Gold until I hit 50 nights in 2020?

This years award of 5 sna will expire 12/31/2020. You will be platinum till Feb 2021. You will get to choose again when you hit 50 nights in 2020.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

dan_hoog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have several metal cards now. They have a drawback- my wallet no longer goes through metal detectors - though I've been used to this for years now...

As for status on MR, the late checkout and lounge access are nice features. I've gotten those every time as needed.

As a titanium elite - due to our Chairman status, I've yet to get a room upgrade (unless maybe they think the higher floor was it).

As some of said, the lounges in the higher tier hotels in Singapore, Dubai, and many other places are really a great perk and add to your experience in those locales. Smaller lounges in lesser brands are three sofas, a TV, coffee, and maybe snack crackers. Not great, but still a way to escape the room.

Overall, I really like the Marriott ecosystem, though I wish they'd focus on predictable value a bit more like others have said, 5 things you can count on, not 30 you might get. Though it's nice to know I could get that seat on a rocket....

Last edited: