• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Horizons a Holiday Inn Club Vacations Deedback information - give your HICV timeshare back

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Horizon personnel told me if the paperwork is signed before November next year’s fees will not be assessed against us. I hope this happens
That is how it worked for me. My fees were due 1/1. They told us if we returned the paperwork before that, we would not get a bill. That is how it happened.
Good luck to you. I'm sorry that you feel you did not get your money's worth out of it, but if you stick around here and join TUG (well worth your $15 investment) you will learn so much about affordable vacations.

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
I owned a deeded non points week at Desert Club in Las Vegas and started the process in August 2018. We hit a few snags along the way because my wife was not on the deed and she had to waive her rights to the week before they could process my original deed back so they sent us a new packet for her. They called while we were out of town and said that they had received an empty envelope that did not have her transfer in it. So we belatedly sent it in a new return envelope that they sent us. They said don't worry about it and we never received a bill for 2019 fees.

I received a letter dated 1/10/2019 serving as a Notice of Cancellation of my contract with Orange Lake. My wife's document transferring her rights to me was finally recorded in Clark County on 12/13/18. There still is no record of my transfer to Orange Lake in Clark County, Nevada or Orange County, Florida. I am interested in hearing from other TUG members concerning where their deed back was recorded.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Glad you made it out. I hope it happens for us. I wish we hadn’t spent so much of our retirement money on this.

If you own it. Does it not work financially to use it?

Maybe you stated why you dint use it and I just missed it

Afaygo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Myrtle Beach
I'm so glad I found this forum! My timeshare is paid off, but the maintenance fees are increasing every year. I went to the link you all provided and entered my information. They responded and said they will get back with me in 3 business days. Hopefully I can be done with this by the end of the year.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I'm so glad I found this forum! My timeshare is paid off, but the maintenance fees are increasing every year. I went to the link you all provided and entered my information. They responded and said they will get back with me in 3 business days. Hopefully I can be done with this by the end of the year.
What do you own?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, you should be able to easily sell a south beach ownership for at least a small bit of money vs giving it away!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Mbrown

Reaction score
Hi, signed up to let you know I followed the stickied number and it kinda just led me through... I forget, something else for HICV, generic I think. But they gave me the number for Horizons specifically and I called and it definitely was it. Number was 8662288689.

Jorgy55

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Vacation Club at Desert Resort, Vegas
So how do I sale it?
Jackieo: Could you please share with me the 3 HICV resorts that allow you to transfer points with the sale of your timeshare? Thanks!
Carolyn J.

Jorgy55

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Vacation Club at Desert Resort, Vegas
We have an EO year deed at Desert Club Las Vegas. Due to a lot of retirement changes (moved to a different town) and some medical issues, we did not use ANY of our points and they now expire at the end of 2019. We were able to "give" some days/points to some friends to use in Dec. and we'll use up all but about 5000 pts. by the end of the year.
We are finding that 99,000 pts. really limits us in where/when we can stay at other HICV resorts. Our mortgage was paid off the first year. (we joined in 2014 and have not had our MF increase since then! (--fingers crossed--) Is there a way to buy points from another owner WITHOUT adding additional "fees" or costs? (other than the cost of the pts.) Would we end up having to take over somebody else's MF? If it will be very costly to add pts., we have considered selling our timeshare in Vegas. But, I'd like to find out first if we could easily/cheaply add pts.
Thanks for any/all help you can give us!
CaroJo

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jackieo: Could you please share with me the 3 HICV resorts that allow you to transfer points with the sale of your timeshare? Thanks!
Carolyn J.
I believe they are Myrtle Beach, Gatlinburg and Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

marvk6

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC-Lake Geneva
Just called number to deedback my HICV unit and they told me I would have to pay the maintenance invoice I just received in order for them to process my deedback. I said it's not due til 1/1/20 but they insisted I would have to pay it. Does that make sense? Any ideas on what to do?

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just called number to deedback my HICV unit and they told me I would have to pay the maintenance invoice I just received in order for them to process my deedback. I said it's not due til 1/1/20 but they insisted I would have to pay it. Doe that make sense? Any ideas on what to do?
If it costs one year's MFand they'll accept a deedback, I'd go for it. You can't sell or give it away for less (imo).

Jim

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just replied to someone yesterday in a similar boat. You are just too late for this year to do it without paying the MF for next year. The transfer takes 6-8 weeks and has to be up to date at time of transfer. Generally you need to initiate the deed back before October 15 if you don't want to have to pay for the following year. If you have points or a fairly early deeded week you can pay your 2020 fees, use your time and then initiate the deed back. As long as you do this before October 2020 you won't have to pay 2021 MF's. The owners who are really skrewed are the November and December deeded owners without points although they still might be able to pay and then deposit into rci and then initiate the deed back.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
If you have to pay the MF why not pay it. Use it and then deed it back before end of next year?

marvkief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
They will take back your unit if your mortgage is paid in full. this is something you cannot email them about, you must call in for this request. when you get an agent just make them aware you need resale information.
Does anybody know what they do if you don't pay your MFs or resort fee?

marvk6

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC-Lake Geneva
I just gave away my Las Vegas Desert Club Unit on the HICV Facebook page. Buyer paid closing and transfer, and it was no work at all.
I just gave away my Las Vegas Desert Club Unit on the HICV Facebook page. Buyer paid closing and transfer, and it was no work at all.
Whom did you use as transfer agent?

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Whom did you use as transfer agent?
Actually that deal fell through and I ended up using their deedback department. They handled all transfers for free.

Sandybeaches

Reaction score
Admin Edit: The reported 800 number to the HIVC deedback department is: 800.298.3706

the official website for this program is here: https://orangelake.com/horizons

Does anybody have the email address and details for requesting HICV to take back a unit?

-Scott
Owner, HICV Google+ Group
After 2 hours on the phone, 6 transfers and discussions with many people, I spoke to the 'Deeding Department', or so they say, direct number is: 800.298.3706, per several people i spoke with.

Final conversation was with 'Patricia', who took about 2 minutes to process a 'warranty deed return request' that will take '7-10 business days' before the paperwork will be received by us. "Simply follow the directions and get the proper forms notarized and it will be returned".

Now, what are my expectations Orange Lake will follow through with this so easily? I am skeptical, should i be?

Sandybeaches

Reaction score
I am an owner at holiday inn club cape caribe. However, I purchased when the resort was owned and operated by, Ron Jon. We were not told the resort was being sold! Anyway. Im a weeks owner under my contract. And i no longer want to participate. The unit will be paid off and maintence fees paid. I just so happened to be researching how to get rid of this thing. Heck i cant give it away! No realtor in housing market deals with timeshare. So i came across Horizons Holiday Inn. Not sure if they legit by the timeshare company. But, i called and the said suggested a warranty deed back to the company. Said it doesnt cost me any money. I just want to.pay it off and give it back. Is this legit?

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I am an owner at holiday inn club cape caribe. However, I purchased when the resort was owned and operated by, Ron Jon. We were not told the resort was being sold! Anyway. Im a weeks owner under my contract. And i no longer want to participate. The unit will be paid off and maintence fees paid. I just so happened to be researching how to get rid of this thing. Heck i cant give it away! No realtor in housing market deals with timeshare. So i came across Horizons Holiday Inn. Not sure if they legit by the timeshare company. But, i called and the said suggested a warranty deed back to the company. Said it doesnt cost me any money. I just want to.pay it off and give it back. Is this legit?
yes it is, they will take it back...Just curious what type, size and week do you own?