• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Problems making VISTANA reservations - official thread]

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had no problem getting in, looking for Presidents Day next year. DH thought he had grabbed a 1BR at Nanea, but the “checking eligibility” wheel spun endlessly and finally gave an error message. When he went back, less than one minute, and tried again, all of the 1BR were gone. I was logged in on my computer and was able to snag a 1BR at WKORV. They were gone by 9:10 PST.

I know demand is high for President’s Day on Maui (Princeville is still available today), but I suspect that some of the activity is on Vistana’s part. I checked for a week on January 25 at Nanea. No 1BR available, but if I go to the Marriott website, I can book it for money. I’m sure this has been discussed before, but I think they should give owners more time to book before they turn it over to revenue.
That's not the turned over for revenue. Marriott own and pay MF for about 20%+ of most resorts and those are available for hotel rental on the hotel sites. That availability bucket has nothing to do with your availability bucket.

Reaction score
Any idea when the home resort window for 2/29/20 opens? Is it midnight on the 28th or the 1st?

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Any idea when the home resort window for 2/29/20 opens? Is it midnight on the 28th or the 1st?
Midnight EST on the 28th (which is really the beginning of the 29th).

Reaction score
Midnight EST on the 28th (which is really the beginning of the 29th).

Thanks! So would 3/1/20 open at 12:01am on 3/2/19? Still deciding between a Saturday or Sunday arrival.

Last edited:

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
To make a reservation for 3/1/2020, I'd be logged in and ready to go at 11:59pm on 2/28/2019. I am not sure what the leap year does to the process, but late on 3/1/2019 is when you get ready to make a reservation for 3/2/2020, just as the clock strikes midnight.

Reaction score
To make a reservation for 3/1/2020, I'd be logged in and ready to go at 11:59pm on 2/28/2019. I am not sure what the leap year does to the process, but late on 3/1/2019 is when you get ready to make a reservation for 3/2/2020, just as the clock strikes midnight.

You were exactly right. Both 2/29/20 and 3/1/20 opened up at 12:00:01 on 3/1/19.

Thanks for the help!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I cannot book anything online for 2020 at all and haven't been able to book anything for 2020. I get an "error occurred" message in red letters.

Then I called to switch a Palmetto one bedroom Platinum from 7/28 to 7/27, and I was told that because of the room number, I cannot book anything for a Saturday check-in until 8 months before because my unit only allows Fri and Sun check-in. I have always booked whatever I want for Palmetto season with that one bedroom.

This is unbelievable.

JessI

Reaction score
I've been trying to book WKORV 1 bedroom at the 8 month mark at Midnight EST for the past 6 weeks and keep getting the same error occurred message. I click on the reservation details when it's open. It takes me to the next page, the wheel spins then i get a red error occurred. I was able to book fine for Feb of 2020. Has something changed? Is the inventory gone? Is it hard to trade in now using SO? I'm at a complete loss of what to do. Any help?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is completely normal: That time frame is spring break and lots of people are trying to make the same reservation and some have faster fingers, or faster internet, and they get the reservation first. If you want to find more availability, make a fall reservation.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
This isn’t a problem, more of a question. Closing on a resale that comes with 2019 star options. I won’t be able to make a reservation since I have 3 trips planned and time already time off work. What is the last day to deposit in interval?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This isn’t a problem, more of a question. Closing on a resale that comes with 2019 star options. I won’t be able to make a reservation since I have 3 trips planned and time already time off work. What is the last day to deposit in interval?
I believe it is 12/31.

wsteel

Reaction score
With regard to reservation windows opening at midnight 8 months in advance - what timezone is midnight?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

Sicksir

Reaction score
Question for you folks. I’ve got a 2 bedroom OV and a 1 bed EOY OV at WKORV. For next year, I’m trying to make a 14 night 1 bedroom reservation. Online it’s not letting me combine, so my question is if I can
1) call in at the 12 month window and get them to combine on the phone?
2) book 7 nights 12 month window and do the same for the next 7 nights online. Then call in and ask if they can combine the reservations?

Thanks in advance for the help.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
These are two separate ownerships, you cannot combine them into one single home resort reservation.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question for you folks. I’ve got a 2 bedroom OV and a 1 bed EOY OV at WKORV. For next year, I’m trying to make a 14 night 1 bedroom reservation. Online it’s not letting me combine, so my question is if I can
1) call in at the 12 month window and get them to combine on the phone?
2) book 7 nights 12 month window and do the same for the next 7 nights online. Then call in and ask if they can combine the reservations?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Option 2 is how I would book the reservations for the 1-BR villas. Then call in with the reservation numbers and ask them to link the reservations, if possible. We've done this in the past. CJ

Sv1plat52

Reaction score
I had the reserve button pop up for the villa and resort I wanted. I clicked on it right away, the thing was spinning for like 5 seconds and then the red warning came on saying that there were no villas available.

8 months reservations are just BS. People with bots, and rental companies must be all sending automated requests at the same time.

I hope you cannot rent those units....this how bitter you become when you lose sleep after this.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I had the reserve button pop up for the villa and resort I wanted. I clicked on it right away, the thing was spinning for like 5 seconds and then the red warning came on saying that there were no villas available.

8 months reservations are just BS. People with bots, and rental companies must be all sending automated requests at the same time.

I hope you cannot rent those units....this how bitter you become when you lose sleep after this.

Which resort and timeframe are you looking at?

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sorry that you didn't get the reservation that you wanted. It's happened to us before, but I was successful reserving the next night. Hope you're going to try again tonight, or keep looking at availability over the next few days. Sometimes, folks cancel within a few days. Good luck! CJ

Sv1plat52

Reaction score
Which resort and timeframe are you looking at?

Sorry that you didn't get the reservation that you wanted. It's happened to us before, but I was successful reserving the next night. Hope you're going to try again tonight, or keep looking at availability over the next few days. Sometimes, folks cancel within a few days. Good luck! CJ

I was trying to get a 1 bedroom premium at the Westin st. Johns. I have never been there and although it seems that they are still rebuilding after the hurricane, I was really looking forward to it.

I could not do another sleepless night( I was so upset the previous nights that I ended up not sleeping)

So I looked for all availability and I ended up booking a studio at WKOVRN for 10 nights. I worried that we will feel claustrophobic in such a small room for 10 days...

the good thing is that I have never been to Hawaii either. Airplane fares seems to be similar if I buy them now.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I was trying to get a 1 bedroom premium at the Westin st. Johns. I have never been there and although it seems that they are still rebuilding after the hurricane, I was really looking forward to it.

I could not do another sleepless night( I was so upset the previous nights that I ended up not sleeping)

So I looked for all availability and I ended up booking a studio at WKOVRN for 10 nights. I worried that we will feel claustrophobic in such a small room for 10 days...

the good thing is that I have never been to Hawaii either. Airplane fares seems to be similar if I buy them now.

It is St John (no s)
1Bd at WSJ are very limited as they are only in VGV phase. These villas are also fixed/fixed, and WSJ-VGV Owners get first chance at 10 months if they are looking to switch within their season.

So... this isn’t really ‘a problem making reservations’ issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sv1plat52

Reaction score
It is St John (no s)
1Bd at WSJ are very limited as they are only in VGV phase. These villas are also fixed/fixed, and WSJ-VGV Owners get first chance at 10 months if they are looking to switch within their season.

So... this isn’t really ‘a problem making reservations’ issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you, but I am not following. I completed the search, the 1bd was available and I clicked on reservation details. Once the page opened I clicked on reserve. At that point after 5-10 seconds a red warning showed saying that the villa was no longer available while the widget was still spinning.

why isn’t this a problem?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
thank you, but I am not following. I completed the search, the 1bd was available and I clicked on reservation details. Once the page opened I clicked on reserve. At that point after 5-10 seconds a red warning showed saying that the villa was no longer available while the widget was still spinning.

why isn’t this a problem?

I understand your frustration with the system. It must be tough having your heart set on specific dates and then being so close only to have someone else beat you to it.

I think the intent of this thread was to document problems in situations where there should be ample actual availability but for some reason the online booking system was not showing any availability (usually in the home resort period). In your case the online system did show availability; however, someone else apparently beat you to the punch in securing the SO reservation (even if it is only a fraction of a second the computer is impartial). In this case the online system appears to still be working as intended, even if the results are not what you desired.

On the positive side I do think you'll enjoy WKORV-N and Maui. The studio units are not bad and much better than the south WKORV phase in that they have a real lanai that you can sit on. While you probably won't have an oceanview with a SO reservation, the island view units at WKORV-N don't overlook the parking lot. Keep an eye out and something might open up at WSJ (plans change and people do cancel). You might also be able to find a 1 BR opens up at WKORV-N rather than the studio. Just keep checking (you can do this during the day as well).

tamu_bu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Having the same issue. Called to try and make a reservation but with no success. Odd thing is that you see Staroption availabilbity (which can't be booked until 8 months out) which should imply that home resort reservation should be available for the same period. Maybe the greedy bastards of Starwood/Vistana are holding back the prime weeks for themselves.
Curious if you resolved this... I own platinum season 67,100 at Kierland. Called yesterday (12/30/2019) to make a home resort reservation for 11/22/2020. I was told that I couldn't until 3/21/2020 which is the 8 month window. Was also restricted to an 8 month window online. The agent oddly told me that I could make a reservation next December during platinum season but not gold at Thanksgiving.

Since I am not very attuned to the rules after the Vistana merger, I assumed that yet more rules and restrictions have added to. Has the home resort window been eliminated? Or is the agent misguided?

Last edited: