• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to specify which contract points come from?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the answer is "gotta call," but asking just in case.

We are in the process of closing on a Vegas Boulevard purchase. We also have a couple of Flamingos that we are trying to sell. These will all get bundled into a pool of PHGV points. Let's say I make a reservation while we still own Flamingo. I want to make sure we use Boulevard points and not Flamingo (this will not be Home Week).

For anyone that owns multiple HGVC resorts (we also own at W. 57th, but that's a separate pool), is there any way to specify? Or should I just book and then call to get things squared away?

Cheers.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
It doesn't matter where the points come from as long as you have the number in your account that matches the number of points for the property you're selling.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah, excellent. Thanks. So, basically, if I sell and have 10K available (two 5K contracts), they will go out full. Cool.

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Coming back to this with the opposite question now. Let's say we don't sell our Flamingo units before MFs are duw. Since it would have full points, I'd certainly negotiate to have the buyer reimburse the MFs, but that might not happen. So we'd have paid for the points. Let's say that, prior to any sale we used some of our HGVC 2020 points. Is there a way to indicate to HGVC that we want those points to come specifically from the Flamingo contracts and not our Boulevard contracts, i.e. transfer the Flamingo with reduced points since we'd be paying MFs?

Cheers.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Coming back to this with the opposite question now.

Well, I don't really have an answer to your specific question but I have a workaround. If I remember correctly, you own some bHC properties with unlimited reservations. So, you could book some dummy reservations thereby effectively removing points from your account until after the sale. Then, once the sale is complete, you can cancel the reservations.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Well, I don't really have an answer to your specific question but I have a workaround. If I remember correctly, you own some bHC properties with unlimited reservations. So, you could book some dummy reservations thereby effectively removing points from your account until after the sale. Then, once the sale is complete, you can cancel the reservations.

Does owning one bHC property give you unlimited reservations in all your resort ownerships?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'd have to make 19,600 points worth of reservations to use them all :) But that could work. I guess I'd wait until a sale was pending, but while the points were still mine. Then, after cancellation, I'd have 9600 worth of annual points, but 19,600 in the current year, it seems.

Does owning one bHC property give you unlimited reservations in all your resort ownerships?

If one pays the (something like $129/year) fee in addition to regular dues, then one gets unlimited no-fee reservation in all HGVC and bHC bookings.

Cheers.