• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I am the only signature, but should I have my wife sign it too? Also, I've read where it is best to be hand written? That would actually be best for me as I do not access to a printer. Thanks
Yes. Have your wife sign also. Two weeks ago, we heard the sad story of two cousins signing a TS, but only one signing the rescission. They were stuck.

Do not hand deliver. I recommend you type at the library, then pay for printing there. I suppose you can hand print, but supposed illegible writing gives TS a reason to deny your rescission. Do make copies and send out certified.

How much would the rescission save you?

Garys123

Reaction score
That is good. Mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission?
I don't have the figures in front of me now, but it seems like the purchase price for 5000 pts plus a "Charter" (Includes all the "extras") was about $15,000. When I ran the numbers, purchase price, loan interest, maint fees and dues for a 10 yr term, it was nearly $26,000! That was a major factor in rescinding as well as 5000 points will get you virtually nothing. I have to admit, it was a slick presentation. They hung out the bait and I bit.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't have the figures in front of me now, but it seems like the purchase price for 5000 pts plus a "Charter" (Includes all the "extras") was about $15,000. When I ran the numbers, purchase price, loan interest, maint fees and dues for a 10 yr term, it was nearly $26,000! That was a major factor in rescinding as well as 5000 points will get you virtually nothing. I have to admit, it was a slick presentation. They hung out the bait and I bit.

You purchased in TN with a 10 day rescission period.

Maybe what I suggest is handprint your rescission letter neatly, have both you and your wife sign, photocopy everything, and then send certified mail.

Can you get your children, friends, or co workers to help you type and print? How about the library? in a couple of days, if you still cannot get the library, children, friends, or Co workers to print you a typed rescission letter, let us know. I’d be happy to type out a rescission letter with your info, print, and mail to you via USPS. You and your wife would still need to sign, photocopy, and send out certified.

Last edited:

Garys123

Reaction score
I'm actually still in Gatlinburg, leaving tomorrow. I'll stop by the Pigeon Forge library (Actually less than 1 mile from the sales center :) ) to get a printed copy and get it mailed off to sunny Boca Raton FL. While I'm tempted to go to the sales office and do it in person, I realize that is NOT what the contract states needs to be done.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm actually still in Gatlinburg, leaving tomorrow. I'll stop by the Pigeon Forge library (Actually less than 1 mile from the sales center :) ) to get a printed copy and get it mailed off to sunny Boca Raton FL. While I'm tempted to go to the sales office and do it in person, I realize that is NOT what the contract states needs to be done.
Correct. Handing in person has no legal effect.

Cvelasco1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Hi everyone! im so glad I found you guys the night of purchase! so we signed the paper work which they pressured us to and i dont know how i was suckered to signed it. So we bought it on the 23rd of this month, overnight the letters and package out their owner guide on the 25th 8am. I didnt do certified mail so i wanted to be sure and mailed another one on certified mail. Copy of rescission letter also included in the owner package. It was shown as DELIVERED on the overnight letter. here is the copy of the letter i based off the samples.

February 25, 2018

Name
address

To: Bluegreen Resorts

Contract reference number: XXXX

Attention customer service,

This letter is to inform you that we want to exercise our right of rescission to cancel our timeshare contract immediately that was purchased on February 24 of 2018 at the Bluegreen Vacation Preview Center in Savannah, Georgia, contract reference number XXXX, in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia. We want a full refund of the initial deposit amount of $XXXX that was paid with a visa card ending with XXXX. We also do not authorize any future additional charges to our bank account or credit card.

All items that were given to us from the purchase of timeshare are included in this package along with the cruise certificate benefit.

Sincerely,
signed both of our names.

I have been so stressed that it is not even funny. I wanted to hear from you guys that rescinded bluegreen and how it went. I just need some words of comfort. found posts that said they refunded money and cancelled the contract but im just so worried. Thank you for responding to my cry!

I sent the same letter with all there books but send it ground as overnight was $200 should I just sent the letter overnight?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I sent the same letter with all there books but send it ground as overnight was $200 should I just sent the letter overnight?
What counts is when you sent the rescission letter, so keep your tracking numbers handy. No need to overnight unless the contract said so. Blue green is not know to require overnight.

Different states have different rescission periods. Where and when did you purchase? When did you send the rescission letter? How much would you save with rescission?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Only those who signed the contract should sign the letter.

I believe in keeping it simple. I would change this "After reviewing the materials provided at the presentation, I have decided to exercise my right to RESCIND/CANCEL the contract (Reference # xxxxxxx) as detailed on the enclosed signature page." to

"I hereby cancel my purchase, contract #....."

I would include a copy of the contract and write "cancelled" across it with a Sharpie.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

You're wasting your hard earned money by sending it overnight.

Send your rescission letter via USPS Certified Mail. Be sure to send it within the legally allowed time frame and be sure that all parties who signed the purchase agreement (i.e. your spouse) also sign the Rescission Letter. Remember, USPS CERTIFIED MAIL. Go to your local Post Office and they will assist you.

Regarding the books you were provided; Send them back via USPS Parcel Post. This should cost you less than $15 and you will be able to track it all the way.

Remember, you have absolutely no need to use a private delivery service company such as FEDERAL EXPRESS, UPS, OR DHL. These are "For Profit" companies and you pay (really pay) for their services. Why waste money?

The USPS (United States Postal Service) is a "Non Profit" operation and you can get the same services at a fraction of what you would pay a private delivery service company.

sawblade5

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen 15,000 Points
Well my 45 days have officially passed with no $4050 refund? Who do I need contact now for my Timeshare Purchase in VA?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well my 45 days have officially passed with no $4050 refund? Who do I need contact now for my Timeshare Purchase in VA?
Deleted

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Their business office. Same as I told you on Aug 12th. They will have the answers, not us. Please post their reply. We want you to be refunded as much as you do.

Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes. Have your wife sign also. Two weeks ago, we heard the sad story of two cousins signing a TS, but only one signing the rescission. They were stuck.

Do not hand deliver. I recommend you type at the library, then pay for printing there. I suppose you can hand print, but supposed illegible writing gives TS a reason to deny your rescission. Do make copies and send out certified.

How much would the rescission save you?
Why recomend that the wife sign when she did not sign the contract? The same people who signed the contract should sign the cancellation letter, no more, no less.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you don't get satisfaction from the Company from which you purchased this from then you need to contact the Consumer Protection Division at the State Attorney General's office for the State of Virginia.

Provide them with copies of all the rescission paperwork and Postmarked Certified Mail Receipt and provide a detailed explanation of your issue.

They will apply pressure to the seller assuming all your paperwork is in order and was filed in a timely manner (i.e. within the allowable time for rescission).

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why recomend that the wife sign when she did not sign the contract? The same people who signed the contract should sign the cancellation letter, no more, no less.
Unless I’m mistaken, the wife signed as well. OP said he and his wife were still at the resort.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Cvelasco1
We hope that your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS. Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming involved.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unless I’m mistaken, the wife signed as well. OP said he and his wife were still at the resort.
Looks like I read his post wrong, I looked at it as if only he signed the purchase but it looks like he was say that only he signed the cancellation.

The important thing is that everyone who signed the contract also sign the cancellation.

Reaction score
I just wanna say thank you for all the info... I too was scammed into this program... is there any place where I can find a rescission template???

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just wanna say thank you for all the info... I too was scammed into this program... is there any place where I can find a rescission template???
Use this template. If two people signed, Be sure both you and your spouse are named and sign the rescission letter. Also send certified mail.

When did you sign? What state? What was the purchase price?

February 25, 2018

Name
address

To: Bluegreen Resorts

Contract reference number: XXXX

This letter is to inform you that we want to exercise our right of rescission to cancel our timeshare contract immediately that was purchased on February 24 of 2018 at the Bluegreen Vacation Preview Center in Savannah, Georgia, contract reference number XXXX, in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia. We want a full refund of the initial deposit amount of $XXXX that was paid with a visa card ending with XXXX. We also do not authorize any future additional charges to our bank account or credit card.

All items that were given to us from the purchase of timeshare are included in this package along with the cruise certificate benefit.

Sincerely,
signed both of our names.

Reaction score
That you for the template... I was swindled into purchasing addition points (8000 points for $15k) this Saturday (10/26/19) in Myrtle beach South Carolina... thanx to you guys I’m gonna try to also get out of my initial purchase which was made in September...

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
That you for the template... I was swindled into purchasing addition points (8000 points for $15k) this Saturday (10/26/19) in Myrtle beach South Carolina... thanx to you guys I’m gonna try to also get out of my initial purchase which was made in September...
You're probably SOL on terminating the Sept. purchase by means of recission. Too much time has passsed. If I reacll corrctly, though BG has a mechanism for returning the deed. It isn't free, but at least, there is an out. Don't fall for ANY of those 'get you out of your timeshare' upfront fee outfits. They're all scams to relieve you of more money.

Since you only bought last month, the reasons you bought are probably still valid. Half of us bought our first timeshares at retail, why not give it a try. You might turn out like us, Timesahre USERS.

Jim

Reaction score
Thank you Jim... I used the template and here’s what I have:

To: BLUEGREEN VACATIONS UNLIMITED, INC

ATTN: CORPORATE SALES AND ACCOUNTING DEPT.

4960 CONFERENCE WAY, N STE 100

BOCA RATON, FL

33431-3311

Contract reference number: xxxxxx

This letter is to inform you that we are exercising our right of rescission to cancel our timeshare contract immediately that was purchased on October 26, 2019 at the Bluegreen Ownership Review at Harbour Lights, (located at 2690 Harbour Lights Drive, Myrtle beach, SC 29579) contract reference number xxxxxx, in accordance with the laws of the state of South Carolina. We want a full refund of the initial deposit amount of $xxxxx that was paid with a MasterCard card ending with xxxx. We also do not authorize any future additional charges to our bank account or credit card. Please refund all monies paid and stop any automatic debit to my personal accounts.

This letter to rescind is being sent USPS CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECIEPT to the above address.

Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover on request.

Sincerely,