• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluebeard’s Beach Club Construction Update and New Name

DRIless

Reaction score
Bluebeard’s Beach Club Update
As we've shared previously, in the aftermath of Hurricanes Irma and Maria, the Bluebeard's Beach Club resort experienced a devastating amount of damage. After thorough evaluation, we determined that some of the structures on the property needed to be demolished and fully rebuilt, which is an effort that is currently underway. As always, the safety of our owners, guests, and associates is our top priority.

Based on our current construction and permitting schedule, we're excited to announce that we expect the resort to be ready to welcome back owners and guests as early as May 1, 2020. We will begin accepting reservations for opening day and beyond sometime in the late summer of 2019, and will share that exact date with you once it's been determined. We're eagerly anticipating welcoming our valued owners back to our beautiful resort, and can't wait to show you what the rebuilt resort will look like.

Once reopened, we expect the resort to be even more beautiful than before, and to that end we're pleased to announce that upon reopening, the resort will have a new name – Limetree Beach Resort by Club Wyndham.

Stay tuned for more information on when this beautiful resort will be available for reservations, and we hope to see you on vacation soon!

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
Got our reservations for week 48!

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked 3 units for Memorial Day week. Probably would be a good idea in waiting to book airline tickets, just to make sure that the reopening of the resort isn't going to be delayed.

Can someone refresh my memory? We were there in May 2017 and I can't remember if there was an $11 charge per person/night IN ADDITION TO the $25/night room charge.

I don't believe I saw it listed (the $25/night charge was listed) when confirming the reservations through the Wyndham website, but it does list this charge in the confirmation email.

Mark

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
energy surcharge most likely

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I just booked 3 units for Memorial Day week. Probably would be a good idea in waiting to book airline tickets, just to make sure that the reopening of the resort isn't going to be delayed.

Can someone refresh my memory? We were there in May 2017 and I can't remember if there was an $11 charge per person/night IN ADDITION TO the $25/night room charge.

I don't believe I saw it listed (the $25/night charge was listed) when confirming the reservations through the Wyndham website, but it does list this charge in the confirmation email.

Mark
The $25 per day is a USVI nuisance luxury tax charged to every hotel/timeshare reservation. That would be above any energy charge the resort is charging.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
The $25 per day is a USVI nuisance luxury tax charged to every hotel/timeshare reservation. That would be above any energy charge the resort is charging.

Pat I believe the energy surcharge only applies to renters and exchanges. Owners do not have to pay it.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pat I believe the energy surcharge only applies to renters and exchanges. Owners do not have to pay it.
That is how it was before (as you know) I assume it will continue that way.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Okay, kinda confused. RCI lists Limetree Beach Resort (C407), Bluebeard's Castle Hilltop Villas (7654), Bluebeard's Castle Villas III (7655), and also Bluebeard's Castle Pirates' Pension (0796).

Are they all basically the same resort? If not, what's the difference?

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Limetree Beach Club (C407) used to be called Bluebeard's Beach Club. It's run by Wyndham.

The other three appear to be different phases of another resort. They all link to the same resort website if you use the link provided by RCI; when you select "Accommodations" on that website it says the following:

From studios with mini kitchens to two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, you are sure to find the perfect accommodations to meet your needs. Guests may be located in one of these four associations at Bluebeard’s Castle: Hilltop Villas, Villas I, Villas III or Pirates’ Pension.

I would guess that exchanging through RCI rather than booking through the resort website would get you a specific phase of the resort. I haven't been to any of them at this point, but the bottom line is that Limetree is a different resort than the others. Wyndham probably changed the name to distinguish it better.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Guests may be located in one of these four associations at Bluebeard’s Castle: Hilltop Villas, Villas I, Villas III or Pirates’ Pension.

Thank you! Anyone have any insight as to which of those 4 associations are the nicest and/or most recently renovated?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you! Anyone have any insight as to which of those 4 associations are the nicest and/or most recently renovated?
One of the associations was not rebuilt after the hurricanes. That is why only three are listed. If you look at the Tug reviews it will tell you which has the best view. Bluebeard'sCastles sits on a big hill above the town.

Limetree is on the beach not far from the Marriott. The resort was completely rebuilt and is having its grand reopening this month. Looks beautiful. Limetree "usually" trades thru II but since Wyndham owns RCI you might find some deposits there.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Bluebeard's Castle last February, stayed in Hilltop 1 & 2, also Pirates Pension units. Hilltop Villas were totally redone post the hurricanes Irma/Maria. PP survived the hurricanes well, we stayed in a 1 BR with washer/dryer/full kitchen. Villas 3 was still under renovations. Views were good in all, would stay in either. PP may have more stairs depends on unit, Hilltop 2 has elevator if you can't do stairs . Villas 1 damage was so severe owners chose to not rebuild. We like the central Castle location, used to own at the Beach Club now Limetree , sold years ago.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
? Limetree former Bluebeards Beach Club owners, someone emailed me the maint. fees there are taking a major hike. Can you confirm or deny? What is a studio week for 2021 going to be?

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
From what I've heard maintenance fees will be going up around 5-600 $ for studios / lofts. But the property value went from 8 to 40 Million. Wyndham will buy your fixed unit back from what I understand. I was taken aback at first but after thinking about it it will be worthwhile.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
? Limetree former Bluebeards Beach Club owners, someone emailed me the maint. fees there are taking a major hike. Can you confirm or deny? What is a studio week for 2021 going to be?
Why don't you ask on the Limetree Facebook group or email Darla or a friend? I no longer own so I don't know.

Oops, legalfee answered. I heard the same rumor as him.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
I'm in the owners group and Steve Wilson the HOA president sent out a long email on this. Basically our insurance costs have gone through the roof.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a member of fb Limetree group, do not have Darla's email nor keep up with anyone that still owns there, so asked here and Legalfee kindly answered.

Why don't you ask on the Limetree Facebook group or email Darla or a friend? I no longer own so I don't know.

Oops, legalfee answered. I heard the same rumor as him.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
Just got my HOA fee letter. It's $1100 for a studio.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents