• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help! I need to buy a new refrigerator ASAP

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stay away from ice and water thru the door. Check Consumer Reports for the latest top models and best door configurations.
I have always had ice and water thru the door for the last 20 years, through 3 homes, and have not had any issues with my refrigerators.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
I like Amana. I'm on my second one, first stayed with the house I bought it for. Not a bit of trouble. easy to clean with shelves that slide and come out. Nice ability to arrange door pockets to suit my stuff. Freezer on the bottom. A massive take n bake Costco pizza fits in the fridge - yay on wide fridge!

geekette

Reaction score
I do dislike bottom freezers, though. They are essentially a chest freezer and things get buried and you have to take things out to find other things. If I could, I would have one big refrigerator and one big freezer in a kitchen.

Side by sides I hate altogether.
My bottom freezer has pull out shelves, no burying, slide out, assess, slide in. The chest freezer is definitely a different thing entirely.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My bottom freezer has pull out shelves, no burying, slide out, assess, slide in. The chest freezer is definitely a different thing entirely.

That's nice! Mine wasn't like that unfortunately.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have the one with the freezer on the bottom. Love that the top is wide open but find the freezer is small. Purchased a small freezer to supplement. Also my current model has the water dispenser inside the refrigerator. In my new home getting the water dispenser on the outside. Just a royal pain on the inside.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
When we replaced all our kitchen appliances ~ 5 months ago...

We went with LG products. A dealer/service website (not CR) reported that, as between LG, Samsung & Whirlpool, LG had the fewest %'age of service calls. We choose a 4-door french door fridge (2 freezer drawers) w- water & ice thru the door. The ice maker was tucked inside the door.

We also had water & ice in our last fridge which needed two service calls over an 18 year span. The cost was relatively minor, and to us, it was well worth the convenience.

We struck when Lowe's was having a "40% off" sale, meaning reasonable prices, and used a 10% military discount on top of that.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We never had water or ice thingys in the door. What is the point of the water dispenser? Is it because the water is extra cold? Because usually the kitchen faucet is nearby.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We never had water or ice thingys in the door. What is the point of the water dispenser? Is it because the water is extra cold? Because usually the kitchen faucet is nearby.
The fridge water is cold and filtered.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The fridge water is cold and filtered.

Gotcha. Our well water always came out super cold and we had a filter on it so for us it was never necessary. We did have the inside ice maker in our freezers but never hooked them up. Used the good old fashioned ice cube trays. LOL!

Our new house will have both in the fridge so it will be new to us.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Our well water always came out super cold...

My SIL had well water. It was cold and tasted awesome. The city tried to incorporate them. They would have been required to pay $7000 to tap into the city water line which was not tasty. They fought and won.

Even with my new refrigerator I’m keeping my Sparkletts water service.