• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar MF

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
Any Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar owners?

Did maintenance fees really go up from $900 in 2018 to over $1500 last year? Was this a one time thing or permanent? Was there a special assessment?

Not an owner yet but I have a good offer for hacienda Del Mar but I’m a little concerned with the drastic increase in fees from 2018 to 2019. Do you know what the fees will be for 2020?

Thank you,

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It was always $1500 however it was closed due to the Hurricane so HRC only charged half the fees.

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
It was always $1500 however it was closed due to the Hurricane so HRC only charged half the fees.

Oh! So this person is lying to me! Good to know. Looks like this deal won’t happen! Thank you for clarifying.
They showed me a 2018 bill and it was just under $900 but what you’re saying makes sense. Thank you.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Many current owners are waiting for the property to open. Unfortunately it had to be completely gutted is my understanding.

Ann123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Del Mar, Dorado
I just spoke to someone at Dorado Transport. They are waiting for the Cerromar to be torn down before they repair the Hacienda from the hurricane damage. I waited for 15 years for them to demolish the Cerromar, it’s still standing. I received $4,000 for a timeshare I paid $25,000 for. Good luck waiting for them to do anything but collect their maintenance fees.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to someone at Dorado Transport. They are waiting for the Cerromar to be torn down before they repair the Hacienda from the hurricane damage. I waited for 15 years for them to demolish the Cerromar, it’s still standing. I received $4,000 for a timeshare I paid $25,000 for. Good luck waiting for them to do anything but collect their maintenance fees.

Your info of "They are waiting for the Cerromar to be torn down before they repair the Hacienda from the hurricane damage" contradicts what has been reported by Hyatt and others that HDM has been undergoing hurricane renovations for the past year.

grevas1

Reaction score
Any Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar owners?

Did maintenance fees really go up from $900 in 2018 to over $1500 last year? Was this a one time thing or permanent? Was there a special assessment?

Not an owner yet but I have a good offer for hacienda Del Mar but I’m a little concerned with the drastic increase in fees from 2018 to 2019. Do you know what the fees will be for 2020?

Thank you,

The fees for 2020 have increased and here is the breakdown-

Operating Fee- $1533.14 = 30% increase from 2019
Reserve fee- $350 = -7.72% decrease
M/F- $1883.14 = 21.27% increase
Disaster Recovery Reserve (one time fee)= $420.10

Total fees for 2020- $2303.24 = 48.32% from 2019.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
The fees for 2020 have increased and here is the breakdown-

Operating Fee- $1533.14 = 30% increase from 2019
Reserve fee- $350 = -7.72% decrease
M/F- $1883.14 = 21.27% increase
Disaster Recovery Reserve (one time fee)= $420.10

Total fees for 2020- $2303.24 = 48.32% from 2019.

Dang, that is almost a 50% increase...for something that is still not open...

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Looks like the best way to visit this property is to own at Pinon Pointe or one of the other lower MF properties and use CUP points to trade in. The new MF levels are starting to get into the Hawaii MF territory--and Puerto Rico is nice, but it's not Hawaii.

Last edited:

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the best way to visit this property is to own at Pinon Pointe or one of the other lower MF properties and use CUP points to trade in. The new MF levels are starting to get into the Hawaii MF territory--and Puerto Rico is nice, but it's not Hawaii.

I think it’s going to be a great property once they finish rebuilding it. However, as you say, it’s not Hawaii.