• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We just got notice today that the deed transfer is complete.

Platinum Season 7,000 points annually. Our home resort is Tuscany Village in Orlando. We paid $1,935.00 (purchase price $1,526 plus resort transfer fee $409). Annual maintenance fees are $1,289 (MF + RE Taxes). We do not get to use it until 2020.

Purchase agreement signed on Jun 14. Hilton signed the waiver on Jun 21. Deed transfer completed on July 22.

I did a lot of research before buying and feel like we got a good deal. Our MFs may be a little high, but the purchase price was significantly lower than $1/point. We are excited to start using HGVC. This is our first timeshare. We plan to use the 7,000 points in the Gold weeks for a 1 bedroom, so we should be able to get 2 full weeks out of our purchase. Our son visits a waterski coach in Florida every year, so 2 weeks in Orlando works out great for us.

Yes, eBay.

Just FYI, since this was an eBay sale, the price that was submitted to HGVC for ROFR may not have been your $1526 contract purchase price. Many of the eBay sellers are companies who charge the seller big upfront fees to exit their timeshare, then they bundle that upfront fee paid by the seller into the ROFR submittal price. So, the price HGVC waived may have been a lot closer to the $1/point yardstick than what you actually paid. That doesn't impact you, but it does serve to distort the statistics on ROFR.net. A $1526 sale price may not be representative of the price that would clear ROFR when buying through a traditional broker who doesn't play games or via a private sale.

sensui

TUG Member
Reaction score
ROFR waived by Hilton on 8/2 for Elara platinum season 7000 pts (1 Bedroom Grand). Closing statement/signatures all submitted/deed transfer notarized by seller on 7/25 with payment. $7000 as sales price, MF for 2019 reimbursed to seller for 2019 pts they paid for already. Used Diane Nadeau (Timeshare Broker Sales) and Karina Ottinger from TRCS Inc. Super smooth and easy all the way with crystal clarity. Thanks for the help and info TUG!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
ROFR waived by Hilton on 8/2 for Elara platinum season 7000 pts (1 Bedroom Grand). Closing statement/signatures all submitted/deed transfer notarized by seller on 7/25 with payment. $7000 as sales price, MF for 2019 reimbursed to seller for 2019 pts they paid for already. Used Diane Nadeau (Timeshare Broker Sales) and Karina Ottinger from TRCS Inc. Super smooth and easy all the way with crystal clarity. Thanks for the help and info TUG!

Congrats, nice purchase. Can add your transaction to rofr.net ? Thanks!

Hsahota1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
Great price, congrats! What were the closing fees?

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I don't have final figures yet. I did opt for title insurance, so that'll increase it a bit.

sensui

TUG Member
Reaction score

Closing costs: $425
Title search/insurance: $300
Admin Fees from Timeshare Broker Sales: $150
HGVC Transfer Fee: $409 (I don't think this is part of the closing fees but it was part of the escrow)

As I mentioned, good people to work with. Everything was super clean and clear.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I've bought a number of timeshares now. I still wonder whether title insurance is worth it. It's always annoyed me what it cost for title insurance when you buy a home.

cowboyfan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village 8400 points
Thanks to two TUG members (@dioxide45 and @JPrisco) HGVC has been added to the www.rofr.net database. Please report all activity both failed and passed for any Hilton TS which you either purchased or sold. We should be able to then predict when Hilton with exercise ROFR once we get enough data in the database.
I am offering $2/point to purchase resale HGVC West 57th Street for 5250 points annually. The broker says the offer is too low and I should raise my bid. Any experience with buying at West 57th Street New York?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@cowboyfan It's low but go ahead and try it. There is plenty of inventory out there so you can keep trying with another deal if ROFR hits. HGVC runs out of ROFR budget near the end of the year so you may get lucky. Please report back on your sale. Good luck!

cowboyfan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is HGVC end of year on Sept 30 or on December 31? My broker is saying it will take $3/point to purchase at West 57th

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Is HGVC end of year on Sept 30 or on December 31? My broker is saying it will take $3/point to purchase at West 57th

Dec 31. Your broker is correct for 95% of cases, however a few have gotten through at lower levels. You can do a search on Tug for those.

What do you have to lose by trying? It will take more time and you must be patient but the bus will come around again with more deals because maintenance fees are coming due. One may stop and pick you up!

OTOH if you want more certainty and simply want to get on with your life and vacation plans, then bid higher and get the deal. Time vs. Money.

Last edited:

cowboyfan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the advice. I plan to offer in October because owners will be faced with new Maintenance Fees soon

Anw015

Reaction score
ROFL exercised 9/17/19
Anderson Ocean Club
1 Bedroom Platinum
Biennial Even
4,800 Points
$2888 all fees
$632 MF

Last edited:

Jacqueet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kingsland, HGVC Bay Club, & HGVC Ocean Tower
Just passed ROFR for an annual 1BR, Gold Season (5100 pts) at The District. Purchased for $3250 on eBay through The Timeshare Group. Have purchased through them before. Added the info to the ROFR.net database

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just passed ROFR for an annual 1BR, Gold Season (5100 pts) at The District. Purchased for $3250 on eBay through The Timeshare Group. Have purchased through them before. Added the info to the ROFR.net database

That's a fantastic deal for bHC points. Do you plan to use those points primarily to get into the District? or will you use them for early pre-club access to NYC property reservations?

Also, does the District offer free (AI) reservations for a $120 fee similar to NYC? If so, that is a valuable feature that is only available to 34k HGVC elites. Congrats.

Jacqueet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's a fantastic deal for bHC points. Do you plan to use those points primarily to get into the District? or will you use them for early pre-club access to NYC property reservations?

Also, does the District offer free (AI) reservations for a $120 fee similar to NYC? If so, that is a valuable feature that is only available to 34k HGVC elites. Congrats.
Thanks. Probably both uses actually. We also own at Kings Land, The Bay Club and Grand Waikikian, so were mainly interested in cheap points and bHC access. Not sure about the fees but we are Elite Premier and don't pay fees for any reservation.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Congrats on such a low buy-in. I have never seen bHC 5000 points go for such a low price. What is the MF on 5100 points at the District? It seems that having an inexpensive foothold in bHC points would be valuable to getting earlier reservation window at bHC especially in NYC and as they expand to Waikiki, and possibly SF or Cabo.

Last edited:

Jacqueet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good to see this working out as I'm currently in contract with them for a Vegas unit.

Cheers.
This was the second unit I have bought through them and have always been pleased with their service. Best wishes!

Jacqueet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats on such a low buy-in. I have never seen bHC 5000 points go for such a low price. What is the MF on 5100 points at the District? It seems that having an inexpensive foothold in bHC points would be valuable to getting earlier reservation window at bHC especially in NYC and as they expand to Waikiki, and possibly SF or Cabo.

The MFs are listed as $1,400

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was the second unit I have bought through them and have always been pleased with their service. Best wishes!

And now this one has passed ROFR. So, need some advice from the group as to how to post on REFR.net:

This is two 4800 pt. Platinum units, and the base total (no fees) was $6250 (I presume that this is what was sent to Hilton, as opposed to having any of the fees lumped in). My feeling is that I should list the 4800 Pt. Plat 1BR @ $3125 in the database rather than 9600 pt. @ 6250 since that is the actual unit size.

(I also see how much lower I likely could have gotten this based on recent ROFR results)

Thoughts?

Cheers.

Last edited: