• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I found an LLC with 42 RCI Saratoga Springs listings

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
So I figured out why even SSR has been harder to find on RCI. This LLC manages people's Wyndham accounts, books SSR and sells them on Ebay. VacationstrategyLLC. I filed a complaint with the BBB and looked at their feedback history. They have positive feedback from 42 SSR listings on their feedback page. I complained to both RCI and Ebay, so hopefully the availability should be a little better for owners. What's really messed up is that the owners that are using this LLC are probably unaware this company is using their account to violate RCI's terms of service. The owner will have their RCI account revoked while the LLC has no repercussion.

upload_2019-9-23_10-6-22.png

Here is the verbage in their listing that made me realize it was RCI.
upload_2019-9-23_10-6-52.png

upload_2019-9-23_10-7-32.png

https://www.vacationstrategy.com/

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
What's really messed up is that the owners that are using this LLC are probably unaware this company is using their account to violate RCI's terms of service. The owner will have their RCI account revoked while the LLC has no repercussion.

That is super cruddy. I think in the past some people speculated that it may be PCCs putting some of these exchanges on eBay, in which case even though it's against RCI's terms, presumably they're not operating on behalf of a active and engaged owner. But here, many of these owners may still be using Wyndham and RCI for their own vacations as well as renting some of their points out through this LLC.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Found in their agreement here: "IN NO CASE WILL WE EVER PUT AN OWNER AT RISK OF LOSING POINTS." Pretty sure they're violating their own agreement if they're doing RCI rentals.

Princ3ssgldy

Reaction score
This is a very important find on your part-- the eBay seller is causing his clients to violate the terms of their agreement with RCI (and possible their timeshare company as well), and jeopardizing the clients' accounts.

The problem is that eBay probably won't close their account because they make money from every sale and they're don't care much about the terms and conditions of RCI. RCI would be the ones that have an interest to act, but they have no way of identifying the offending accounts (provided that more than one account has the same week reserved at SSR). The only way for them to do this would be to purchase the reservation on eBay, give them a name, and see which account makes a reservation under that name, but that seems like too much work.

Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with this seller?

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was posted a year ago and the seller continues to do business, which means that eBay doesn't care, RCI doesn't care and DVC doesn't care.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI would be the ones that have an interest to act, but they have no way of identifying the offending accounts (provided that more than one account has the same week reserved at SSR). The only way for them to do this would be to purchase the reservation on eBay, give them a name, and see which account makes a reservation under that name, but that seems like too much work.

My suspicion is that this company also owns quite a bit of cheap RCI points and it should be easy for RCI and for DVC to smoke them out, freeze their account and leave them without a business since their business model is virtually a fraud.

It is rather obtuse on the part of RCI to turn a blind eye on this with the idea that they are making money with the exchange fees paid by this company. Not only that is not a reason to ignore your own rules but also the Disney resorts disappear like hotcakes from RCI so they would make the same amount of money from the legit exchangers.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
if I were a DVC owner I would complain about this at every owner update and tell them I would no longer buy from them until the $1000 rentals on Ebay disappear.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
if I were a DVC owner I would complain about this at every owner update and tell them I would no longer buy from them until the $1000 rentals on Ebay disappear.

There is no such thing as an owner update. They just say "Welcome Home" and set you on your way. We've never been approached in the parks EVER. We do get DVC magnets on our stateroom doors when we cruise with them. We get invited to a member mixer and they have optional sit-downs but they don't initiate it. They do, however, have the best purchase incentives on the ships.

The closest I have ever seen an RCI representative is in the owner's lounge in Epcot. And that person always looks bored to death because no one, NO ONE ever talks to them.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
there should be a way to complain to the DVC management.

If I were RCI I would be very upset about this. If many DVC weeks are taken by bottom feeders like this that exchange say Grandview in Las Vegas and rent out SSR, they will end up with more Grandview deposits that they can match and potentially lose other interesting deposits AND exchange fees. Why would an HGVC Hawaii owner deposit in RCI for example if he was only interested in a DVC exchange? It is stupid in my opinion for RCI to think that there is no impact to their business so they should not bother to do anything about it.

Less valuable non-DVC deposits in RCI also mean that the DVC owners have less choice when they search in RCI so they will deposit less.

Last edited:

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
With the TPU/RCI Points exchange systems, RCI can readily address the imbalance internally. They may simply readjust (downward) the amount of TPUs given to the over-deposited cheap weeks. This may be why they don't appear to care. It's easier to manipulate their own points charts than to chase after problem LLC exchange renters who ghost through other owners' accounts.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem is this is not illegal. You might get eBay to act with a complaint, but I'm not sure they are going to take action on the basis of one complaint from a 3rd party that has no standing in the transaction. (Keep in mind, they need to weed out false reports from competitors trying to take down legit ads -- this happens as well.)

This is a breach of the agreement between the owner and RCI. AFAIK, RCI doesn't enforce their "no rental of exchanges" rule; certainly, not as forcefully as Interval. I've seen posts in the past where people have complained directly to RCI and no action was taken.

As others have pointed out, eBay is getting their money and RCI is getting their money -- trying to prove which accounts are renting is time consuming and I sincerely doubt you will have success here. It does suck and I applaud your efforts, but I think it will amount to nothing unless the LLC starts ripping off their customers.

-ryan

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the TPU/RCI Points exchange systems, RCI can readily address the imbalance internally. They may simply readjust (downward) the amount of TPUs given to the over-deposited cheap weeks. This may be why they don't appear to care. It's easier to manipulate their own points charts than to chase after problem LLC exchange renters who ghost through other owners' accounts.
Yes and no. If this company uses RCI points contracts for example, it will get a set number of points and that cannot be changed. If someone has a Grandview contract worth 98,000 RCI points he will get the same number of points every year regardless of the number of Grandview weeks deposited on any given year.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have been complaining about this for years. RCI doesn't care and Disney doesn't care.

Interval International took care of things. They still watch over Redweek, My Resort Network, and any other listings they can figure out.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yup folks have been complaining for years.

Here’s a thread from ten years ago. Posted March 2009 - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...than-7-a-point-why-did-i-buy-dvc-again.93703/

FLDVCFamily wrote the following in that 2009 thread (post#35 & 36)

I emailed DVC member satisfaction and talked to them on the phone about this several times. They sounded concerned, but yet the exchanges for rent are still coming up in droves. Honestly, short of assigning someone to chase this full-time, I don't think that there is much that they can do. I even asked an RCI rep. about it, and she said that technically it's not allowed, but they won't stop people unless they're doing it repeatedly as a business:eek: We're also going to sell most of our DVC points. We're keeping the small contract for the AP discount. We can trade in much more cheaply via RCI now, so there is no point in owning DVC anymore for us. The units available through RCI are a lot better than the units that I saw coming up on II. My resorts are dual-affiliated, so either exchange company is fine with me trade-wise. I hope that the great deposits into RCI continue! If not, then it's going to be Bonnet Creek for us :)

Well, unless DVC really presses RCI, I don't think that they will be doing their own policing. The RCI rep. that I spoke to when depositing a week recently told me that they just don't stop people from renting their exchanges unless it's being done frequently as a "business". Her exact words were "do it once, we won't stop you. Do it twice, we still won't stop you. Do it as a business and we'll restrict online access to your RCI account."
Yeaaaah. I don't think that they'll be policing much:rolleyes:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
the company currently has 180 listings on Ebay and it claims to have had 30,000 clients. Does this not meet the "business" standard?

upload_2019-9-24_22-0-5.png

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yup and there are TUG posts about this specific Wyndham point manager.

From an old 2014 thread
I have never used them and have not had a reason to. This is what I do know about them - Vacation Strategy LLC rents out many Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort reservations. They are very popular on www.disboards.com a site that is devoted to Disney World (Florida) vacation planning.

However, many people on www.disboards.com say they give great pricing for Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort bookings. From my understanding they also rent out vacations for other destinations as well.

I do not know the other end - how they deal with owners to get their points for their rentals and reservations. There are many businesses like Vacation Strategy LLC out there that use and pay for owners points. Some pay owners a higher dollar for their points

I have visited them in their Orlando offices and met with the owner and sales staff, I have also toured their operation. I saw both ends of the operation in action, folks that dealt with owners like me, and the reservations staff.

The owner is a former Wyndham salesman and is an owner himself. He started by renting his own points and grew into one of the largest operations of its kind.

The op has it pretty much right ..at least thats the way the service was pitched to me.. I would pay them an initial fee, turn over my account to them, and they would pay the mf from that point forward. They would make reservations in the account and rent them out, using the income to pay my mf and for their profit. The initial fee was designed to cover my mf until they "ramped up " operations in my account...ie until the income from the rentals was enough to cover mf. If I wanted to use some of my points myself, no problem, they would rent them back to me for the cost of the mf. This would be my profit as I could continue my rental operation out of the account too.

Their profit comes from the spread between the cost of mf, and the price of the rental, and could be considerable as they play the cancel and rebook and upgrade game to the max.

I had 2 problems with the way they have structured their plan. 1) the initial deposit; From their standpoint, I understand the need for this completely. From the first of our agreement they would owe all my mf, but not have collected on a single reservation. It would take them a while to make enough reservations and collect enough income to pay my fees. especially if they were making the high value reservations 10-13 months in advance...it might be a year before things were in balance and they would be collecting enough every month to cover the fees (and profit) From my standpoint it wouldnt work however. I need a steady cash flow every month, to cover my considerable mf. I just cant pay a year in advance, which is what they wanted. 2) there was no profit potential for me..I wanted at least a little more than mf to make this worthwhile.

So we didnt do business, but I certainly wouldnt recommend against them, The way they work might be perfect for someone else....And as BigRob said, there are other services out there that work better for me.
From a recent 2019 thread
Vacation Strategy has been around for a few years, yes. They're regularly mentioned on the DisBoards' Orlando Hotels and Attractions forum as a source of Wyndham Bonnet Creek direct bookings and vacation rentals. As a points manager, they are given access to owner accounts to make reservations for rental customers. Many of their client timeshare points owners have Wyndham Platinum VIP privileges which may include unlimited guest certificates and discounts for reservations made within 60 days of check-in. Vacation Strategy's website does indicate that they favor making reservations within 60 days of check-in.

I'm not sure if they have client timeshare points owners from other systems besides Wyndham but it would not be surprising. Some of their client owners may have platinum exchange company memberships as well, which would provide for unlimited or discounted guest certs. Vacation Strategy may also hold multiple exchange company memberships. Who knows?

Here's my thought (or question)... if they were to use client owners' accounts to access RCI and make exchanges, those various owners' RCI accounts would have the individual guest certificates associated with each of them, wouldn't they? If that occurred (a big IF, admittedly), one RCI account would not accumulate tons of guest certs and raise red flags

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
there should be a way to complain to the DVC management.

If I were RCI I would be very upset about this. If many DVC weeks are taken by bottom feeders like this that exchange say Grandview in Las Vegas and rent out SSR, they will end up with more Grandview deposits that they can match and potentially lose other interesting deposits AND exchange fees. Why would an HGVC Hawaii owner deposit in RCI for example if he was only interested in a DVC exchange? It is stupid in my opinion for RCI to think that there is no impact to their business so they should not bother to do anything about it.

Less valuable non-DVC deposits in RCI also mean that the DVC owners have less choice when they search in RCI so they will deposit less.
This isn't really a problem to DVC, any week that is given and used at DVC from RCI makes DVC & Disney whole. They only limited issue from their standpoint is that it may hurt sales slightly though it likely makes no difference. This does not affect the value of DVC deposits from a DVC member standpoint. It does have some affect on RCI members who want to exchange there but in reality exchanges have never been a truly fair and equal system and likely never will be from a member standpoint. Of course what each one things is fair is different which is partly the reason why there will never be a perfect system. RCI tries to balance making everyone happy and making the most money they can but they are competing goals. It could hurt members trying to rent out but it doesn't seem to have other than maybe on Ebay itself which is a poor method anyway.

The problem is this is not illegal. You might get eBay to act with a complaint, but I'm not sure they are going to take action on the basis of one complaint from a 3rd party that has no standing in the transaction. (Keep in mind, they need to weed out false reports from competitors trying to take down legit ads -- this happens as well.)

This is a breach of the agreement between the owner and RCI. AFAIK, RCI doesn't enforce their "no rental of exchanges" rule; certainly, not as forcefully as Interval. I've seen posts in the past where people have complained directly to RCI and no action was taken.

As others have pointed out, eBay is getting their money and RCI is getting their money -- trying to prove which accounts are renting is time consuming and I sincerely doubt you will have success here. It does suck and I applaud your efforts, but I think it will amount to nothing unless the LLC starts ripping off their customers.

-ryan
Correct, not illegal but against RCI's own rules which they have chosen not to enforce. And given the history and track record, it's a conscious choice I believe.

Yes and no. If this company uses RCI points contracts for example, it will get a set number of points and that cannot be changed. If someone has a Grandview contract worth 98,000 RCI points he will get the same number of points every year regardless of the number of Grandview weeks deposited on any given year.
Yes but the cost of exchanges can vary so the value of each of those points can change.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This isn't really a problem to DVC, any week that is given and used at DVC from RCI makes DVC & Disney whole. They only limited issue from their standpoint is that it may hurt sales slightly though it likely makes no difference. This does not affect the value of DVC deposits from a DVC member standpoint. It does have some affect on RCI members who want to exchange there but in reality exchanges have never been a truly fair and equal system and likely never will be from a member standpoint. Of course what each one things is fair is different which is partly the reason why there will never be a perfect system. RCI tries to balance making everyone happy and making the most money they can but they are competing goals. It could hurt members trying to rent out but it doesn't seem to have other than maybe on Ebay itself which is a poor method anyway.

Correct, not illegal but against RCI's own rules which they have chosen not to enforce. And given the history and track record, it's a conscious choice I believe.

Yes but the cost of exchanges can vary so the value of each of those points can change.

It is a problem to the DVC owners if they want to trade more but there are very few quality deposits. RCI inventory is flooded with second tier resorts. If you owned an HGVC Hawaii and a Grandview Las Vegas enrolled in RCI points, which one would you deposit?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It seems like the problem is it's RCI's rule, but the best place to catch these particular exchange rentals is on the eBay side. On the RCI side, because it's a points manager it's likely many different accounts and very difficult to track. On the eBay side, they're all listed by the same seller, and they're all identifiable as exchanges by the disclosed $190 fee. But eBay doesn't have any incentive to enforce RCI's terms of service, possibly even if RCI contacted them directly to request it, but definitely when seemingly random individuals contact them.

The only thing I could find that might help RCI track down these accounts, if they even were interested in doing some work to do so (which I'm not sure we know they do), is on the LLC's Wyndham owner agreement is this language: "VSLLC will have to put our email address on the Owner’s Wyndham Account to keep our company computer system in sync with Wyndham. Here is an example of the new email that will be on your Wyndham account: (Owner_Name@speedy-email.com)." If VSLLC is indeed using that domain (speedy-email.com) in the email address for each of their managed accounts, RCI could presumably find those accounts on their end and flag them/cancel the exchanges, etc.

The only other avenue I see would start at the individual owners whose points are managed by this company. If they became aware that their RCI accounts were being used against the terms of service, and cared enough to take it up with VSLLC, it might make some difference.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a problem to the DVC owners if they want to trade more but there are very few quality deposits. RCI inventory is flooded with second tier resorts. If you owned an HGVC Hawaii and a Grandview Las Vegas enrolled in RCI points, which one would you deposit?
But the point was it doesn't have any significant affect what RCI gets. On the RCI points side they get the underlying week and it drains the points. It's simply accounting on total points in and out, the weeks they get are already determined by the underlying week of the points or based on the agreement with the entity for those where the points go first and the deposit second. In your example RCI gets the points for each if you're enrolled and the only way they don't is if you use the option to reserve your week up front which would not affect this issue either way. On the weeks side, the deposits are what they are, they get the same deposits regardless. It might make a difference in what other owners will see for DVC and other high end resorts so it might affect the next few in line with exchange requests but not RCI directly. While one might argue that some of those might give up on RCI and vote with their wallets, I think the volume in question compared to the overall is that this is a non consideration.

And while I don't necessarily agree with the insider access of some systems, it likely does mean that RCI gets more and overall better deposits than without that system in place. RCI is flooded with second tier resorts anyway, as is II. That's why depositing low or high end options is often not a good choice. If one deposits something they could have rented for a lot more and doesn't get good value in return, that's a choice they made. If one deposits low demand options on the weeks side many of those will go unmatched or will match to other low end options (or short notice options) and on the points side they'd have to deposit a number of weeks to get sufficient points to reserve something high end.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
But the point was it doesn't have any significant affect what RCI gets. On the RCI points side they get the underlying week and it drains the points. It's simply accounting on total points in and out, the weeks they get are already determined by the underlying week of the points or based on the agreement with the entity for those where the points go first and the deposit second. In your example RCI gets the points for each if you're enrolled and the only way they don't is if you use the option to reserve your week up front which would not affect this issue either way. On the weeks side, the deposits are what they are, they get the same deposits regardless. It might make a difference in what other owners will see for DVC and other high end resorts so it might affect the next few in line with exchange requests but not RCI directly. While one might argue that some of those might give up on RCI and vote with their wallets, I think the volume in question compared to the overall is that this is a non consideration.

And while I don't necessarily agree with the insider access of some systems, it likely does mean that RCI gets more and overall better deposits than without that system in place. RCI is flooded with second tier resorts anyway, as is II. That's why depositing low or high end options is often not a good choice. If one deposits something they could have rented for a lot more and doesn't get good value in return, that's a choice they made. If one deposits low demand options on the weeks side many of those will go unmatched or will match to other low end options (or short notice options) and on the points side they'd have to deposit a number of weeks to get sufficient points to reserve something high end.
I think you see it purely as an accounting matter. As long as they match all the DVC deposits, they are fine. I am telling you, part of the reason why people do not deposit MORE in RCI is the lack of good deposits for other resorts. I understand they do not know what they are losing in potential deposits (and exchange fees of course) but it is probably significant

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't understand the supposed connection between these rented DVC exchanges and the lack of good deposits in RCI. I'm going to guess that most of them were done with Wyndham points, so it just means more Wyndham deposits (determined by the corporate side, not individual owners) in RCI - so it's neither high-end nor low-end. And honestly, in the overall scheme of things, a small handful of Wyndham deposits. Although it's super annoying to us because we watch these things so closely, it's all still a pretty small drop in the RCI sea.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the supposed connection between these rented DVC exchanges and the lack of good deposits in RCI. I'm going to guess that most of them were done with Wyndham points, so it just means more Wyndham deposits (determined by the corporate side, not individual owners) in RCI - so it's neither high-end nor low-end. And honestly, in the overall scheme of things, a small handful of Wyndham deposits. Although it's super annoying to us because we watch these things so closely, it's all still a pretty small drop in the RCI sea.
Owners want to ideally trade like for like or better. The less the DVC owners see in RCI, the less they deposit.
There is also a multiplier factor that cannot be ignored even if you think the numbers are small. Someone who never had success trading would probably abandon looking for a trade for many years.

In any case, from all my interactions with them, RCI it is a terrible company and I am not totally sure why DVC is doing business with RCI. As far as I am concerned they can designate VacationStrategy their favorite platinum, diamond, super distributor and build a monument for them, I do not really care. I am still shocked that this company was able to book Aulani despite the fact that no TUGger has spotted them in RCI in years. Luck or there is something else going on?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
this is my conversation today with them on EBAY. Slippery like a fish, they would not state that the reservation can be confirmed by DVC. Of course not since it is most likely an RCI exchange. Note: you have to read from the bottom to the top

New message from: vacationstrategyllc (257 )

We will provide you with the phone number to confirm. It will be under my name and we can request them to forward the reservation to DVC on the same call.

Your previous message

Right, but I need a confirmation from DVC or RCI or Interval, Expedia etc. I cannot pay thousands of dollars for the plane tickets in addition to the 6000 dollars for the condo without a confirmation from a known travel agency.
vacationstrategyllc:

We have a confirmed reservation. We will send you the guest certificate within few days of the purchase. Interval International booking system is different then what we have. We have booked Aulani reservation through our points.
Thanks

ME:

It sounds good, similar to another vacation we bought last year. With the other owner though we received a confirmation from Interval International and then we booked the plane tickets. Can we do that?

vacationstrategyllc:

We secure the unit under your name in our company system. We forward your info into the reservation system which we work with. They then create a guest certificate 15 days prior to arrival and send it into the DVC system.
Your previous message

ME:

thank you, we are interested at this price. Once we confirm, what's next? Can you please walk me through the process?

vacationstrategyllc:

Thank you for your interest in our property.

The best rate we are able to offer is $5985

If you have any additional question please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
Your previous message

ME:
HI, I am interested but we have to talk about the price. Let me know if you would accept $5800. Thanks

Disney Vacation Club Resort AULANI, Oahu, HAWAII Feb 9th (7 NIGHTS) 2 BR/2 Bath

Price: US $6,300.00
Buy it now
Watchers: 8
Quantity Remaining: 1
Buy it now
Get to know the seller vacationstrategyllc
• Located: Celebration, FL, United States
• Positive Feedback: 100%

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Owners want to ideally trade like for like or better. The less the DVC owners see in RCI, the less they deposit.
There is also a multiplier factor that cannot be ignored even if you think the numbers are small. Someone who never had success trading would probably abandon looking for a trade for many years.

In any case, from all my interactions with them, RCI it is a terrible company and I am not totally sure why DVC is doing business with RCI. As far as I am concerned they can designate VacationStrategy their favorite platinum, diamond, super distributor and build a monument for them, I do not really care. I am still shocked that this company was able to book Aulani despite the fact that no TUGger has spotted them in RCI in years. Luck or there is something else going on?

Wyndham has "special" deal with DVC (with Aulani deposits at least). Wyndham point owners are given a separate pool of Aulani deposits, than everyone else in RCI, to exchange. This agreement happened years ago when all the Aulani deposits dried up for RCI exchanges. My argument is now there aren't ANY Aulani deposits for the rest of the RCI membership. Coincidence that Wyndham owns RCI? Wyndham owners benefit and the rest of the RCI membership gets nothing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk