• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What resale do I have to buy to have access to all of diamond resorts and affiliates??

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Isn’t it also the case with resale points that you have to book standard 7 day reservations in a unit type (with possible check in dates specified by the resort but usually Fri, Sat, or Sun)? Or are they flexible on this? I’ve always wondered about this point because I bought resale points but I never had to use them outside the Club. I always made purchases to bring them in. But the salespeople frequently used the line that making reservations other than a standard week was a benefit reserved for Club members.
When you buy a resale week, the reservation capabilities will (should) be what is set forth in the underlying ownership document. For example, if you buy a deeded week at Point at Poipu (I use that because I am familiar with that resort), you can reserve for seven nights in the view category associated with that deed, with check-in on Thu - Mon. (No Tue or Wed check-in.) There is no provision to roll over a usage from year-to-year - if you can't make a reservation your option is to deposit with an exchange company (taking a resort bulk-banked week).

If you buy in the Hawaii Collection, your reservation will be whatever the trust allows - what you will receive are trust points, which are then used to make a reservation. I'm not sure if the trust allows points to be rolled over from year-to-year, of if there are limits on check-in days.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We are Hawaiian Collection Members - Platinum. Generally we can check-in any day of the week. You can roll over all your Points to the next year if you do it by June **. After that it is a %. We normally do this in January. If you end up needing some of them in the current year you do not have to roll all of them back. They just roll back just enough to make the Reservation. A big bonus being Platinum is a 14 month Booking Window for the primary Resorts in the Hawaiian Collection. This allowed us to get an Ocean Front at Point at Poipu for September 2020 reserving in July 2019.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
We are Hawaiian Collection Members - Platinum. Generally we can check-in any day of the week. You can roll over all your Points to the next year if you do it by June **. After that it is a %. We normally do this in January. If you end up needing some of them in the current year you do not have to roll all of them back. They just roll back just enough to make the Reservation. A big bonus being Platinum is a 14 month Booking Window for the primary Resorts in the Hawaiian Collection. This allowed us to get an Ocean Front at Point at Poipu for September 2020 reserving in July 2019.

I’m not platinum and not in the Hawaii Collection and at 10 months out have never had a problem getting an oceanfront unit at The Point in the summer. I also usually get a 2 bedroom at KBC. I usually stay for four or five weeks in Hawaii during summer in June and July. I’m flexible with my dates so it helps.

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score

Just remember, points can only be rolled 1 time. So if you roll all of your points to the next year and bring them back as needed, they become use/lose points if you ever cancel one of those reservations.

100% - 30 June
50% - 31 August
25% - 31 October

DRICaptive

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI-US Collection
What is the difference between a deeded week and points? When you say "dirty" points, are you referring to those bought on the resale market?