• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally Time for Our Molokai Trip

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
You have a start to your plan. I wouldn’t recommend filling up your two bedroom. We went down to a one bedroom so we have even less room. Don’t bring a lot.

After you go through it once, call an auctioneer or two and let them come out to assess what you have. Let them do as much work as they are willing to do. Believe me, it’s worth it. Don’t throw anything away until you have an auctioneer go through the stuff.

I did have my son and daughter go through before the auctioneer it they hardly took anything.

That sounds like very good advice. My husband told me that since we stay in a Studio in Honolulu all the time that we should start off with the stuff we have there as a model and add the necessary personal stuff, not the stuff we have in our 3 Bedroom house and try to cut back.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
That sounds like very good advice. My husband told me that since we stay in a Studio in Honolulu all the time that we should start off with the stuff we have there as a model and add the necessary personal stuff, not the stuff we have in our 3 Bedroom house and try to cut back.

That’s a good plan. :thumbup:

Reactions: Xan

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Today's the big day for your DW!! How did the retirement go? Did everything wrap up with the auction? House on the market? One more day and your new journey together begins:clap:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
+1 What Gina said. ^^^. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Yes, The retirement went well. The auction is all closed out and the house is empty. As soon as the put in the new carpet they can start showing it. It maybe done already.

They took my wife out after work and had some drinks. She ended going to the doctor again because she either has kidney stones Again or an infection. So she is not feeling her best but she is ready to be here.

She’s a little worried about making the trip by herself it she’ll be fine. My son took her to the hotel in Madison and took her out for a nice dinner.

She get to Honolulu at 12:45 and we leave at 2:45 so we should have enough time. Hope we don’t have to walk too far. That’s always her biggest issue. But once we’re at the gate she can relax. Its all easy from there.

I am going to get there early so I can find the way to Hawaiian Ohana from the United baggage claim.

I got out of work a couple hours early today so I’m getting ready too. Not too much to do except laundry. I am ready for tomorrow. I got her a nice lei with welcome her home. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Jeff, I'm so excited for you two. You've made incredible strides forward in a very short time. After your wife arrives, and gets settled, you two can really start that Island Living! :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
She made it through Denver! I heard last night on the news that this weekend is one of the busiest travel days in Hawaii and we should be at the airport three hours early. We only have an hour and a half when she lands. Hopefully we can make it. Otherwise we’ll change flights for later today or tomorrow and stay in Oahu for a day.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got to the airport early to check things out. I had the Uber drop me off where we depart from. We leave out of terminal 1 and my wife comes in terminal two so I was able to take the Wiki Wiki shuttle and I got down to her baggage claim in 4 minutes.

I talked to the shuttle driver and she told me where to stand to get one back to the Hawaiian departures. We should be able to make it with the shuttle. Her flight is 10 minutes late from the last I saw.

Now I just have to wait, i’m Two hours early because I wanted to check it all out. So far so good. :)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jeff, I think you're more nervous than a groom on his wedding day! Relax. It's all going to be fine. Go get a mai-tai, but just ONE! :)

Jim

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, I think you're more nervous than a groom on his wedding day! Relax. It's all going to be fine. Go get a mai-tai, but just ONE! :)

Jim

Yes, I am.:) Especially so since I know she’s not feeling well. Once we’re all checked in, I’ll be good. Then I will have a Mai Tai but probably not just one. :thumbup:

Plus I’m bored sitting here waiting.:)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once we’re all checked in, I’ll be good. Then I will have a Mai Tai but probably not just one. :thumbup:

OK- as long as she can match you one-for-one! Here's a toast (raise your glass!) May you have the greatest second Honeymoon EVER! You both worked for it and you both deserve it!

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hear! hear!

Happy Honeymoon, you Lovebirds! ;)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A3387E1E-DAE0-4291-8D95-7B53AD0B29A2.jpeg

She made it. Our Molokai flight is delayed a little so we made it easy. We don’t even care about the delay. :)

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Welcome to your new home Mrs. Slip/Jeff. :cheer:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yay!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With the plane delay to Molokai, I certainly didn’t have to worry about making it but we were on time.

We got to Molokai early enough to get some groceries at the Friendly Market and now we stopped at Paddlers for a quick bite before we head home. Paddler Fries and a Bacon Chicken Sandwich. Plus my wife had to have her Ling Hing Mui Margarita.

FFF65EE4-686C-4904-BB9D-5843B37C0316.jpeg

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, slept in this morning and I got a call from Young Brothers and my wife’s car was in and we could pick it up today if we got there by 11am. I was surprised for a Sunday especially on a holiday weekend. Anyway, we hopped in the shower and headed out to get it. They did a great job Again. It is in great shape.

E45A3BB9-0946-4F1B-BD19-59EBCD6D6AF5.jpeg

531E0517-0769-4C99-A4AD-89632438A73D.jpeg

We had to stop and get gas right away because it had to have under a quarter tank to ship it.

After that we stopped by Maka’s Corner for some breakfast to take home and eat on the lanai.

Teri Pork and Corned Beef Hash.

0B10A7BA-5CAA-49B0-B3E3-F2278699A23B.jpeg

5DEE0AFC-F608-410A-B66E-40BFF291ABD6.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First morning has been great. Slight mist in the morning that ended about 8am and now for 89 and sunshine. The trades are blowing great and right through the condo. Couldn’t be nicer.

A6A46B7D-7E05-46B2-8202-9710765C4723.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So it begins!

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My wife lives driving her car here on Molokai. Gas was $5.04 here though. :)

We are really happy with our new windows and lanai door. They are excellent and both lock so easily. They stay open nicely and seal great.

13CDA6E4-C189-4173-AA79-12B1A1B3E26C.jpeg

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Doesn't it feel good to be home.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Doesn't it feel good to be home.

Yes, exactly! I told my wife each time we come here now that it is returning home and it really feels like it. I felt it in May and that was before we knew all this was happening. Now it feels that way even more.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Congratulations! You kids have fun!