• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC website: Sorry, an error has occurred.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Anybody else keeps getting "Sorry, an error has occurred. Please try again", when trying to add days to existing reservation?

Thanks,
Great3

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Hello All,

Anybody else keeps getting "Sorry, an error has occurred. Please try again", when trying to add days to existing reservation?

Thanks,
Great3

I get that when trying to move an existing reservation to a different date and resort.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I have been getting that also for the past week when "walking reservations". I just call CS then.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Yeah, it seems to be having some major problems lately. Very slow, and last night I was not able to even log in. Grrr...

Kurt

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
They must be rolling out some new features and breaking old ones, apparently they dont do system testing. We are the beta test group!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I noticed the unit descriptions pop out from a side drawer now and are larger and include a photo. It’s slow for sure right now.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I will always get that error when trying to add a night to a W57 reservation. Apparently the problem is now more widespread. Maybe they are breaking it all so they can fix it. I've gotten used to calling to modify a reservation.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been getting that also for the past week when "walking reservations". I just call CS then.

I know, we can call them. Just used to doing everything yourself. Definitely the new website isn't working right compare to before. Always new, but hardly an improvement with every update.

Great3

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Always new, but hardly an improvement with every update.
I think that the change feature is worse than before. I have given up and just call it in now.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been getting errors all day today. Earlier couldn't make it past the "select account" screen.

Now it just spins and sits there.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The error message appears to have changed. After I move the sliders to change the date, click through attestations and select "confirm changes" instead of getting the the previous error message it now displays "mail@host.com for assistance" on the screen.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
The error message appears to have changed. After I move the sliders to change the date, click through attestations and select "confirm changes" instead of getting the the previous error message it now displays "mail@host.com for assistance" on the screen.

I don't even get to the point where I can click on the button to "confirm changes". After I move the sliders, and click to book the new dates I want, I immediately get the error "Sorry, an error has occurred. Please try again". And yes, I am trying Chrome browser per the HGVC website notice, after I noticed problems with Edge browser not even updating availability when moving the sliders.

I just gave up, I sent feedback thru the feedback link and also emailed input@hgvc.com. Don't expect any response from HGVC though. Oh well, everybody is dealing with the same thing.

Great3

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I call in the mornings to change my reservation they profusely apologize about their internet problem

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I also liked the slider when it stopped at the beginning of each date and not in the middle. It's super hard to slide it, too. I hope they can fix the problems soon.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also liked the slider when it stopped at the beginning of each date and not in the middle. It's super hard to slide it, too. I hope they can fix the problems soon.

I much prefer the middle and find this to be an improvement. Makes it much more clear, IMO, just which are the check-in and check-out days. Before, it was ambiguous. Now, it is not.
But, yeah, easier to move would be better.

Cheers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I much prefer the middle and find this to be an improvement. Makes it much more clear, IMO, just which are the check-in and check-out days. Before, it was ambiguous. Now, it is not.
But, yeah, easier to move would be better.
I second that the new slider is much more intuitive, and I haven't experienced an issue with moving it (when the system is working). With the old slider, I ended up having to hover over the slider to see the actual check out date -- it's not as if you check out at midnight, right? So what did a slider position of right between the two days really mean?

With that said, if they had a system that would WORK right now, I'd go back to the old slider in a heartbeat! I have not been successful in using the website for any reservation lately -- it just errors out at various stages of the process.

Kurt

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I was able to make new reservations just not modify reservations.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to make new reservations just not modify reservations.

Yup. Canceling a reservation is also a suck. Something to the effect of "There has been an error. Either the reservation has already been cancelled (it had not!), or there has been a cancellation error."

A call got it done quickly, with apologies. I feel for the phone agents who are not responsible for this, but have to deal with annoyed people. I was not annoyed with the phone agent :)

Cheers.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was just able to modify a reservation for Seaworld, moved it out a week to avoid Dorian. Using Chrome on my iPad.

There are tons of available units in Orlando right now, must be a lot of people modifying or canceling.

I see the same with Marriotts in Interval using an AC.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was just able to modify a reservation for Seaworld, moved it out a week to avoid Dorian. Using Chrome on my iPad.

There are tons of available units in Orlando right now, must be a lot of people modifying or canceling.

I see the same with Marriotts in Interval using an AC.

Just tried to log on and see how it would work for me now.

hoping for better than ...

upload_2019-8-29_15-44-25.png

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just tried to log on and see how it would work for me now.

hoping for better than ...

View attachment 13700

Clean cache in your browser, you have some bad data stored, the site is up and running. I was able to move dates, then I moved it again and changed resorts with no problem.

It was a little slow changing resorts because it shows all availability.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Clean cache in your browser, you have some bad data stored, the site is up and running. I was able to move dates, then I moved it again and changed resorts with no problem.

Not being able to log in was temporary. I cleaned my cache, and it is still not letting me move a reservation. I notice they still have the flag at the top about their being website challenges. Is anyone other than @SmithOp able to move an existing reservation?

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Not being able to log in was temporary. I cleaned my cache, and it is still not letting me move reservation. I notice they still have the flag at the top about their being website challenges. Is anyone other than @SmithOp able to move an existing reservation?

I cleared my cache and was able to modify two reservations. I then wasn't able to cancel a couple of other reservations (I would have expected that to work) so I had to call CS. I was able to make another reservation. Web site speed seemed normal.

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Finally, moving my reservations worked without a hitch tonight.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After working Saturday evening to walk a reservation, it has not worked to move a reservation online since then.