• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is a reasonable offer for DSVII?

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I am looking for a 2bd lock-off red/plat season and can’t quite figure out what is a reasonable price on this. I’m not going to ask a realtors opinion on this (last one said 5-6k), ROFR database shows offers of $1 and up into the low thousands. What would you pay?

Thanks.

michael49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Waiohai Beach Club, Desert Springs II, Manor Club (Original Section), DC points
I passed ROFR two yeRS AGO AT $3,000.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
If you go with DSV1 then there are no issues with ROFR. No ROFR required on DSV1 purchases.
Yes, true. I did consider this and it may be a backup plan if I can’t pass ROFR on DSVII. I would prefer the lower MF of DSVII and would use it every other year or just the 1BD side yearly and trade the remaining units in II. I love staying in either phase.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I would also say $3,000- 3,500. If you really want DSVII then go for it and if MVC exercises ROFR try again at a bit more. However, if you are split between DSV1 and II and don’t want the potential hassle of ROFR then go for DSVII. You may get it at. The same price or just a bit more.

Best regards.

Mike

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
DSVI recently sold on eBay for $3,140 and free closing.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
DSVII sold on ebay for $1,136 closing at the end of July. I would have loved it for that price. So would Marriott no doubt. :)

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
DSVII sold on ebay for $1,136 closing at the end of July. I would have loved it for that price. So would Marriott no doubt. :)

You never know on ROFR. The eBay buyer may have passed it. I would say close to 3k is reasonable on DSV2.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sold a DSVI Platinum that transferred yesterday for $3,475 with free closing. I suspect that DSVII would be a little cheaper. I agree with the $3k estimate. This is for a known seller and closing company. An unknown on ebay chases away many potential buyers so if someone is comfortable buying there then the price would be cheaper. Obviously would still need to pass ROFR for DSVII but many of those ebay sellers are manipulating the paperwork.