• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owners at Timbers at Island Park Village...did you know?

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Island park village and was talking with the resort manager about the availability of summer weeks for my flex unit. She said that there is low availability because so many flex owners have converted their weeks from flex to fixed. So, ok I will bite expecting the cost to be in the thousands of $$ but for $175 to can convert your flex week to the fixed week that is assigned on your deed.

So rather than have to call 365 days prior, you have your assigned week in a fixed building. works for me. I have owned there for almost 20 years and this is the first I have heard of this.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I also have owned several units there and never heard of it. But think it’s a good idea if the week on your deed works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't know this, but my week is fixed and it works for me. It's high Summer (last week) ,If I had my druthers I'd own a week after Labor day, but it is what it is. Great place any time of year, even though it's been discovered by the world.

Jim

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there 2 years ago the week after labor day and the park was just as busy as last week but the tourists were mainly Japanese. There were so many big tour buses it was crazy. I figured their travel season must be later than ours. I have a midseason week I usually reserve week 36 or 37. We really enjoy the weather at that time of year and it was always much quieter before that trip. The summer float that I kindly got from JJKING is a week 34 that I am going to convert. Late August will be good.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I didn't know this, but my week is fixed and it works for me. It's high Summer (last week) ,If I had my druthers I'd own a week after Labor day, but it is what it is. Great place any time of year, even though it's been discovered by the world.

Jim
I thought all the summer weeks were fixed.
And the shoulder season were float.
I used to own both.
Glad it worked for you chellej

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I'm not an owner there, but it seems odd that they can reduce the pool of available weeks for float owners this way. Do the covenants allow it? I own at a resort like the one mentioned in the previous message, where prime weeks are fixed and the rest of the year floats. It has always been that way. If they changed the calendar so there were fewer good weeks available for reservation, I wouldn't be happy as a float owner.

Sheila

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They have done things in the past that I believed violated the bylaws but the bottom line was if I wanted to fight it, it would require a lawyer. The weeks use to have a tiered maintenance fee structure... blue was less than white and white were less tan red. They leveled them all out to match most timeshares where maintenance fees were just based on size. I would never have purchased a low or mid-season week if the maintenance was the same as the red weeks.

The reason I believe they should not have been allowed to do that is there is verbiage in the bylaws that says that maintenance fees should be based on a percentage of ownership. When you look at the deeds, blue weeks are a lower percentage than white, white lower percentage than red. I contacted the board, the president, the manager, the managing company but they just said they would look into but they never did respond.

I just ended up giving away the low season and the midseason I can still use but don't know if I will keep it.

Float owners can still reserve but you have to call 365 days in advance to book it and it is a small resort so there are only a few available for any given week.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not an owner there, but it seems odd that they can reduce the pool of available weeks for float owners this way. Do the covenants allow it? I own at a resort like the one mentioned in the previous message, where prime weeks are fixed and the rest of the year floats. It has always been that way. If they changed the calendar so there were fewer good weeks available for reservation, I wouldn't be happy as a float owner.
This is actually a good reason to own at a 'mature' resort, where the BOD are all OWNERS. Not the developer. If you don't like how the current Board is running things, you can run for a seat... Or attend the annual meeting, and at the very least fill out the ballot for new board members and read their position papers.

Jim