• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Unload Wyndham Timeshare

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
Yes, makes no difference. Ovations will take back either CWA (trust that holds deeds) or CWS (deeds) contracts.
These salespeople constantly mentioned our account being “notated” about us asking questions or refusing to purchase the 35,000 additional points. Will Ovations look at this and deny us? These people made me very uncomfortable.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
These salespeople constantly mentioned our account being “notated” about us asking questions or refusing to purchase the 35,000 additional points. Will Ovations look at this and deny us? These people made me very uncomfortable.
Ovations will not deny you for those reasons. Never trust TS salespeople.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Again, pure BS from sales. If their lips are moving, they are probably lying about something. Contact Ovations directly, Ovations is a service department. Unless you want to purchase something, stop talking to sales, as that is the only thing they care about.

Reaction score
If you call Ovations. please ask about the Limited Edition program. That is the program that will give you the same amount of points as your deed to use for 3 years straight for free. To qualify all future reservations have to be cancelled, deed is paid in full to Wyndham, and you have to be current with your maintenance fees.

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its on my club wyndham at bottom of page click on about us.then at bottom of that page click on Wyndham cares at bottom of this page click on featured reseller
Yup, there it is. My mistake was to think you can access the page through the "Owner-101/learning" page. I'm both pleased and quite a bit surprised that Wyndham would endorse a reseller. Thanks.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup, there it is. My mistake was to think you can access the page through the "Owner-101/learning" page. I'm both pleased and quite a bit surprised that Wyndham would endorse a reseller. Thanks.
Yes hard to find. Now you see why many do not know about Ovations.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It maybe because Wyndham is buying from the endorsed reseller thru a third party. The deeds I sold were recorded and transferred to Wyndham within hours of transferring out of my name.

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Call Wyndham at 866-763-5261 and they will take them off your hands....

Otherwise, you can list them here on TUG, and I am sure you will have takers.

The Wyndham route will be the quickest, easiest, and cleanest way to go if you're in a time constraint.

Keep us posted as to how you make out.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Otherwise, you can list them here on TUG, and I am sure you will have takers.

The Wyndham route will be the quickest, easiest, and cleanest way to go if you're in a time constraint.

Keep us posted as to how you make out.

.[/QUOTE]
Selling them thru the Wyndham preferred reseller Timeshare Broker associates was only 5-6 weeks start to finish. Maybe faster then Ovations from my experience with this reseller .

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
It maybe because Wyndham is buying from the endorsed reseller thru a third party. The deeds I sold were recorded and transferred to Wyndham within hours of transferring out of my name.
I suppose anything is possible, but I don't understand why Wyndham would engage in something so elaborate instead of just offering to consider buying contracts as part of Ovations. They could set it up so they have no obligation to buy just as they have no obligation to offer three years of points to folks who turn in their contracts. A friend purchased additional points directly from Wyndham and the contract provides that Wyndham will buy it back for 20 percent of the purchase price, but the contract has conditions that would allow Wyndham the discretion not to buy it back. I went to the list of timeshares offered on Timeshare Broker Associates' Website. The list is quite extensive and there are contracts that have been offered for some time. Some are marked as having been reduced in price. If you're right and Wyndham is using this as a means to buy back contracts, I guess they could be cherry picking those that are believed to be easily resold at developer prices. However, they don't have a right of first refusal, anyone could buy it first, and I'm still at a loss to understand why they would endorse a reseller that undercuts their sales staff. Do you think they're considering making changes to their boiler room sales model?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I’ve been told we don’t have enough points for Ovations. We need 700,000. Any instructions on how to give away on here? Any help is appreciated. Just need to get out of this.

I’m in the process of giving back a 64,000 point Ocean Boulevard contract, so no, the minimum is not 700,000. I don’t believe there is a minimum, but it could depend on the resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Has the give back process been easy for you so far?
Yep. They said they had to do a title search before they could send the paperwork and it could take 8-10 weeks to get it. It took 2 and a half weeks. I signed and had notarized and sent back. They said once the deed is recorded in Wyndham’s name, they would stop collecting the dues. This is one advantage over private resale. With private transfers, the closing company records the deed, and sends it to Wyndham. Once it’s at Wyndham, it could take 8-14 weeks for the transfer to be completed and they stop collecting the dues. Wyndham told me the deed recording process could take 3-4 weeks. I’m guessing less then that, since it took them less time to do the title search and send me the paperwork. The shorter time frame means less maintenance fees you’re paying for. So by going through Ovations, I don’t have to wait the 8-12 weeks, plus the 3-4 weeks for the closing company to do their thing. It’s more like less then 8 weeks or less. So that’s 2-3 months of maintenance fees I don’t have to pay. So if you decide to sell or give away your contract, do not pay closing costs or transfer fees, and be prepared to wait. My contract was a resale, so I didn’t qualify for The Limited Edition program. That’s the program where you get 3 years worth of points maintenance fee free. If I were you, and that was a retail contract, I’d go through Ovations, unless someone is willing to pay you $1,000 PLUS closing costs and transfer fees. That’s assuming you don’t want the 3 years worth of points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I suppose anything is possible, but I don't understand why Wyndham would engage in something so elaborate instead of just offering to consider buying contracts as part of Ovations. They could set it up so they have no obligation to buy just as they have no obligation to offer three years of points to folks who turn in their contracts. A friend purchased additional points directly from Wyndham and the contract provides that Wyndham will buy it back for 20 percent of the purchase price, but the contract has conditions that would allow Wyndham the discretion not to buy it back. I went to the list of timeshares offered on Timeshare Broker Associates' Website. The list is quite extensive and there are contracts that have been offered for some time. Some are marked as having been reduced in price. If you're right and Wyndham is using this as a means to buy back contracts, I guess they could be cherry picking those that are believed to be easily resold at developer prices. However, they don't have a right of first refusal, anyone could buy it first, and I'm still at a loss to understand why they would endorse a reseller that undercuts their sales staff. Do you think they're considering making changes to their boiler room sales model?

Probably because there’s a strong secondary resale market for Wyndham timeshares outside of Ovations. It’s an “all of the above” multiple choice answer to the question. Yes Wyndham has Ovations but there’s a significant subset of existing owners who for whatever reason either don’t know about Ovations or don’t want to use it. Therefore, Wyndham also buys up contracts through third parties on the secondary market. It’s a smart choice on their part really - I would do the same thing if I were in Wyndham’s shoes and wanted to recoup certain timeshare inventories for pennies on the dollar.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Has the give back process been easy for you so far?

Just checked my account. The 64,000 point Ocean Boulevard is gone. Process started 6/28 with a phone call. Took less then a month to complete from start to finish.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just checked my account. The 64,000 point Ocean Boulevard is gone. Process started 6/28 with a phone call. Took less then a month to complete from start to finish.

Happy for you. Looking back, I should have taken this covering half transfer/closing costs. I was a TS newbie and didn’t know any better.

I did get a 64k CWA for free including closing and transfer costs, but the MF plus program fee is $6.5/1k.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Does anyone know whether this Ovation program is open to Shell (now Wyndham) owners?

Nope, but a phone call is usually pretty quick. If you call around lunch time the might be some hold time, but usually not much. tel:1-855-312-9040

Picker57

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope, but a phone call is usually pretty quick. If you call around lunch time the might be some hold time, but usually not much. tel:1-855-312-9040

Thanks - Will give it a go and report back.

--------Zach

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did PM the OP but still wondering. I understand the OP was asking for fastest way to get rid of their points. I also understand that possibly would be the Ovation program. I also wonder why the owner doesn't just give the points away on TUG and have the buyer pay all transfer costs? It's not very tough to post on the bargain board and I'm positive there would be takers. It seems to me why would you give something back to Wyndham that you paid for and have the company profit off it, when you could give the points to someone individual who would benefit from them so very much. IMO the easiest way seems to be what our society is leaning towards instead of the best way.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did PM the OP but still wondering. I understand the OP was asking for fastest way to get rid of their points. I also understand that possibly would be the Ovation program. I also wonder why the owner doesn't just give the points away on TUG and have the buyer pay all transfer costs? It's not very tough to post on the bargain board and I'm positive there would be takers. It seems to me why would you give something back to Wyndham that you paid for and have the company profit off it, when you could give the points to someone individual who would benefit from them so very much. IMO the easiest way seems to be what our society is leaning towards instead of the best way.

We can’t recommend that the OP simply give away on TUG. We have to think about her best interests, not TuG’s.

Her TS is worth at least $2k, and some tugger will probably pay at least $1k for it. She would also get three free years of MF use with Ovations. So she should not simply give away.