• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Unload Wyndham Timeshare

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Whatever you do,

DO NOT PUT A STRANGER'S NAME ON YOUR DEEDS.

I was just giving away a couple of deeds and I had this scam come up many times. Don't do it.

Sorry to hear that. What was the closing company? Closing company should have caught that.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is awesome info. So you had a good experience through them?
From start to finish the whole transaction process was seamless with Timeshare Broker Associates. One of the best experiences I had transferring a deed. The title company they used was White Rock and I would recommend them also.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
OP trying to unload as fast as she could. Yes, she might be able to get for $2k, but that might incur three months MF at $330/month to find willing buyers.

Right now, we don’t know if the TS is Club Wyndham blended MF with Ocean Blvd as a home resort, or Ocean Blvd is the home resort with $5.1/1k pts pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least $3k. Probably more. That’s a full YEAR to not be able to find a buyer. Highly unlikely it would last that long.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do,

DO NOT PUT A STRANGER'S NAME ON YOUR DEEDS.

I was just giving away a couple of deeds and I had this scam come up many times. Don't do it.
Confused with this post. Usually when I sell the buyers are complete strangers to me. I have never sold a deed to someone I know and never would I recommend mixing friends with business.. ????? Please explain your post.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I am trying to understand that too. When we sell or give away a timeshare we don’t know the buyer personally but we do talk to them, either by phone and sometimes in person.
LT Transfers has handled most of our timeshare transactions. Never worried about it being a scam. Can you explain how you were scammed?
Silentg

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At least $3k. Probably more. That’s a full YEAR to not be able to find a buyer. Highly unlikely it would last that long.

That’s not a full year, but nine months. MF are about $330/month when you account for the program fee. I currently have 192k Wyndham points bought for $200, but I could have easily another 150k Wyndham points for free. That means I could have been up to 342k points bought for $200.

You really think she could get $3k for it? Heck, people are getting 200k Wyndham Grand Desert for $500.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last month, I lost an eBay auction of 210k EOYO Canterbury ultimately selling for $1,234 after bid, closing, and transfer costs. So how would 665k Ocean Blvd sell for $3k?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s not a full year, but nine months. MF are about $330/month when you account for the program fee. I currently have 192k Wyndham points for $200, but I could have easily another 150k Wyndham points for free. That means I could have been up to 342k points for $200.

You really think she could get $3k for it? Heck, people are getting 200k Wyndham Grand Desert for $500.

I agree on the Grand Desert deed pricing and also would say the $500 would include the closing and resort transfer fee costs on a 154,000 point deed.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to understand that too. When we sell or give away a timeshare we don’t know the buyer personally but we do talk to them, either by phone and sometimes in person.
LT Transfers has handled most of our timeshare transactions. Never worried about it being a scam. Can you explain how you were scammed?
Silentg
Wyndham now requires a drivers license for buyer also.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
If any of you were selling these points where would you start?

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
Personally I would go back to your core desire to get out and try to give it to ovations or someone on here.

If you want to try to sell it then I would start with those saying it’s worth $3,000 and ask them if they’ll buy it for that. (My guess is that $ amount will turn out to be too high).

If someone agrees work with a reputable closing company like LT Transfers and have them do the paperwork and escrow the money until the deed and contract with Wyndham transfers. Wyndham will charge $299 and LT Transfers will be under $500.

I would not try to sell it on eBay unless you’re experienced with that and to me it’s not worth the hassle of listing it on RedWeek or something and dealing with all that process.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TUG has completed over $27 million in TS sales ads. https://tug2.com/timeshare-classifieds/default.aspx

Admittedly, I initially thought the TS was worth $2k but saw it could be worth $3k based on eBay sales.

A 168k Wyndham Ocean Blvd sold for $2,800 after resort fees, but that included 2019 usage. A 232k Wyndham Ocean Blvd sold for $1,900 after resort fees, but that included 2019 usage. Another 232k Wyndham Ocean Blvd sold for $1,600 including 2019 usage, but the seller’s requirement for check or money order depressed the price.

Last edited:

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
TUG has completed over $27 million in TS sales ads. https://tug2.com/timeshare-classifieds/default.aspx

Admittedly, I initially thought the TS was worth $2k but saw it could be worth $3k based on eBay sales.

A 168k Wyndham Ocean Blvd sold for $2,800 after resort fees, but that included 2019 usage. A 232k Wyndham Ocean Blvd sold for $1,900 after resort fees, but that included 2019 usage. Another 232k Wyndham Ocean Blvd sold for $1,600 including 2019 usage, but the seller’s requirement for check or money order depressed the price.
Since TUG listings are free once you pay the membership fee, if you can put up with the hassle of fielding questions then that could be a good place to list.

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may also call one of Wyndham's preferred resellers they may pay you a minimal amount for the deed and cover all closing costs. I used Timeshare Broker Associates. I had 4 deeds transfer with them from start to finish total time to transfer out of my account 5-6 weeks . They transferred them as fast as giving it back thru Ovations.
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/owner-101/learning/featured-resellers.page?
Very interesting! I didn't want to click on the Web address in your post, so I went to the My Club Wyndham Website. When I went to the learning page there was no"featured resellers" link. In order to get to that page, I needed to type "/featured-resellers.page?" into the address after "learning". That got me to the page listing Timeshare Broker Associates and Fidelity???? I forget that company's name. Do you have any idea why that is or why Wyndham even has a preferred list of resellers? After all, the resellers broker both sales and purchases. I know you said you sold contracts through Timeshare Broker Associates. Have you also purchased through them? They have listings priced too high and others priced all over the place, e.g. one listing asks $9,500 for 1,000,000 points at Canterbury. That seems similar or even a bit lower to the price I've seen Canterbury points sold on Ebay. Do you know how they price the contracts they sell? Are they priced according to the owner's wishes? How are they compensated? Do they take a percentage of the sales price? I'm surprised Wyndham provides this referral, but then, of course, I would never have found if you hadn't posted the Web address. It would be interesting to know how many Tuggers can access the information through My Club Wyndham without using the address you provided.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
The first response to your first post is probably the best advice for you. While the various points of discussion that followed are not inaccurate, going by your original post, your first step should be to call Wyndham Ovations. They take back a lot of paid up contracts, and they do it quickly, at no cost, and legally. They don't pay you anything. Some people have gotten to use their points at no cost for a few years, but I think that only applied to the most desirable contracts.

In my opinion, Wyndham Ovations is absolutely step 1. See what they have to say.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very interesting! I didn't want to click on the Web address in your post, so I went to the My Club Wyndham Website. When I went to the learning page there was no"featured resellers" link. In order to get to that page, I needed to type "/featured-resellers.page?" into the address after "learning". That got me to the page listing Timeshare Broker Associates and Fidelity???? I forget that company's name. Do you have any idea why that is or why Wyndham even has a preferred list of resellers? After all, the resellers broker both sales and purchases. I know you said you sold contracts through Timeshare Broker Associates. Have you also purchased through them? They have listings priced too high and others priced all over the place, e.g. one listing asks $9,500 for 1,000,000 points at Canterbury. That seems similar or even a bit lower to the price I've seen Canterbury points sold on Ebay. Do you know how they price the contracts they sell? Are they priced according to the owner's wishes? How are they compensated? Do they take a percentage of the sales price? I'm surprised Wyndham provides this referral, but then, of course, I would never have found if you hadn't posted the Web address. It would be interesting to know how many Tuggers can access the information through My Club Wyndham without using the address you provided.
Its on my club wyndham at bottom of page click on about us.then at bottom of that page click on Wyndham cares at bottom of this page click on featured reseller

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
The first response to your first post is probably the best advice for you. While the various points of discussion that followed are not inaccurate, going by your original post, your first step should be to call Wyndham Ovations. They take back a lot of paid up contracts, and they do it quickly, at no cost, and legally. They don't pay you anything. Some people have gotten to use their points at no cost for a few years, but I think that only applied to the most desirable contracts.

In my opinion, Wyndham Ovations is absolutely step 1. See what they have to say.
We were told today through a Wyndham salesperson that we needed to be at the 700,000 points level (and purchase 35,000 more points) to be considered for ovations. Ever heard that?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were told today through a Wyndham salesperson that we needed to be at the 700,000 points level (and purchase 35,000 more points) to be considered for ovations. Ever heard that?
Just go straight to the ovations website. The Wyndham salesperson is wrong. Wyndham Ovations will accept many timeshares.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score

The salesman was lying to you to make a sale. There is absolutely no minimum points requirement for Ovations. That doesn't even make sense.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Pure BS from a sales weasel sorry to say. Never ask a sales person for service advice, they are not paid to provide services, they are paid solely to sell product.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
This is a deeded property. Does Ovations take back deeds?

Yes, makes no difference. Ovations will take back either CWA (trust that holds deeds) or CWS (deeds) contracts.