• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Hyatt credit card earn 4x paying MFs?

magicjourney

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Hyatt credit card by Chase earns 4x points on HRC MFs?
If yes, will definitely apply for it.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
It pays 3x the points on MF payments.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Ultimate Rewards for Chase Sapphire Reserve I think is a better deal it also pays 3 points, but those points can be transferred to Hyatt 1:1 or various other transfer partners and airlines.

You don’t get more, but rather more flexibility in how to use them.

magicjourney

Reaction score
The old Hyatt credit card pays 3x on Hyatt. But the new World of Hyatt credit card has the bonus categories as below:
4 Bonus Points per $1 spent on purchases at all Hyatt hotels.
2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, local transit and commuting as well as fitness club and gym memberships.
1 Bonus Point per $1 spent on purchases anywhere else you use your card.
I don't see a 3x level? Possible they increase the earning rate to 4x on MFs?

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past, Hyatt MF payment qualified for 3X points on Chase Hyatt card - based on magicjourney's comment, the new WOH card earning rate is 4X on Hyatt payments/purchases.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The old Hyatt credit card pays 3x on Hyatt. But the new World of Hyatt credit card has the bonus categories as below:
4 Bonus Points per $1 spent on purchases at all Hyatt hotels.
2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, local transit and commuting as well as fitness club and gym memberships.
1 Bonus Point per $1 spent on purchases anywhere else you use your card.
I don't see a 3x level? Possible they increase the earning rate to 4x on MFs?

Yes, they increased the earning rate with the new WOH card. The old Hyatt Visa card has the 3x points on Hyatt purchases - the new World of Hyatt Visa card has the 4x points. If you have the old card, you can "upgrade" to the new WOH. The rewards on the new card are different/better than the old card - but the new card has a $99 annual fee while the old card is $75.

You can "upgrade" to the new card to get the newer earning rate, but if you upgrade, you don't qualify for the "new member" 40,000 point bonus. In order to qualify for the new member bonus points, you have to close your old card, wait 2-4 weeks and then apply for the WOH card.

TBipp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House and Windward Pointe, Key West, FL
The Banyan Resort, Key West, FL
Good information. Thank you Everyone.

gratiem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali, Hyatt Highlands, Riviera Beach & Spa
Bumping up this thread for any new information re best credit card to pay for Hyatt MF. Thanks in advance for the information!

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely the new(ish) world of Hyatt Credit Card. I've used it to MF and can confirm that I received 4x points as recently as a few weeks ago. Do you have it yet? Right now it's got a 50K bonus...at one point it had a 60k bonus, so if you won't be paying dues soon, it may be worth waiting for that promo.

gratiem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali, Hyatt Highlands, Riviera Beach & Spa
Appreciate the guidance @travelhacker. Do not have the card yet, and your recommendation to wait is a good one. No MF due yet, but if things go well I'll have a significantly higher MF burden for 2020. As such, a CC that maximizes MF would be desirable.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Does the new Hyatt card also give you a free night at a Hyatt hotel?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dagger1, yes it gives you a free night in a category 1-4 annually. I believe the maintenance fee is a hair higher at $95.

If you spend 15K on the card in the year you can earn a second free night in a category 1-4 (this is true for every year you hold the card).

One other thought:
You can't have both cards simultaneously. So if you currently have the old Hyatt card, you may consider cancelling that and then applying for the new card. As long as it's been 24 months since you received the bonus points, you would be able to receive the sign up bonus again (currently 50K, but I received 60K in October of last year).

Alternatively, you can upgrade your existing card to the new card. However, I don't believe there is a bonus of any type. If you care about receiving bonus points, you're definitely better off doing what I described above.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Dagger1, yes it gives you a free night in a category 1-4 annually. I believe the maintenance fee is a hair higher at $95.

If you spend 15K on the card in the year you can earn a second free night in a category 1-4 (this is true for every year you hold the card).

One other thought:
You can't have both cards simultaneously. So if you currently have the old Hyatt card, you may consider cancelling that and then applying for the new card. As long as it's been 24 months since you received the bonus points, you would be able to receive the sign up bonus again (currently 50K, but I received 60K in October of last year).

Alternatively, you can upgrade your existing card to the new card. However, I don't believe there is a bonus of any type. If you care about receiving bonus points, you're definitely better off doing what I described above.
Thanks!! We currently use the CSR for all travel related expenses, only keep our Hyatt/Marriott cards for the free nights. But I may have to reconsider upgrading one of the Hyatt’s...

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they increased the earning rate with the new WOH card. The old Hyatt Visa card has the 3x points on Hyatt purchases - the new World of Hyatt Visa card has the 4x points. If you have the old card, you can "upgrade" to the new WOH. The rewards on the new card are different/better than the old card - but the new card has a $99 annual fee while the old card is $75.

You can "upgrade" to the new card to get the newer earning rate, but if you upgrade, you don't qualify for the "new member" 40,000 point bonus. In order to qualify for the new member bonus points, you have to close your old card, wait 2-4 weeks and then apply for the WOH card.

Well I did not try that approach. With most cards you cannot have held a similar product for at least a couple of years.

I was sent an upgrade offer that gave 5k points for upgrading and making any single purchase and I went for that. It did verify I went from earning 3 points to 4 points for dollars spent at Hyatt.