• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought into a bluegreen timeshare he in Florida in may, just had time to rad everything and am finding out about the cancellation rules, they keep calling Mr to come back 2 weeks from now to finish paperwork, I signed a lot of stuff in may only to find ot I can't go to most places, or you have to check in on Saturday anyway, the paperwork I have says I have to cancel in 10 days or before I have all the proper documents. What documents would that be and is that what they want Me to come back for. Is there any way to still cancel? Thank you greatly.
Because so much time has passed, you might be S.O.L. But just in case, I would copy the page that says what you say, highlight that passage, and send it along with a fresh rescission letter. You don't have to give a reason, but you are free to mention that their own paperwork indicates that you CAN rescind.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but you're only out the cost of postage at this point.

Jim

John5127

Reaction score
Because so much time has passed, you might be S.O.L. But just in case, I would copy the page that says what you say, highlight that passage, and send it along with a fresh rescission letter. You don't have to give a reason, but you are free to mention that their own paperwork indicates that you CAN rescind.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but you're only out the cost of postage at this point.

Jim
Thank you greatly sir.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I bought into a bluegreen timeshare he in Florida in may, just had time to rad everything and am finding out about the cancellation rules, they keep calling Mr to come back 2 weeks from now to finish paperwork, I signed a lot of stuff in may only to find ot I can't go to most places, or you have to check in on Saturday anyway, the paperwork I have says I have to cancel in 10 days or before I have all the proper documents. What documents would that be and is that what they want Me to come back for. Is there any way to still cancel? Thank you greatly.
The paper work this refers to is probably the Public Offering Statement which is in that pile of papers you got when you signed.

You may have gotten lucky if all the paperwork is not filled out properly, they can't complete the sale until they get everything in order. Was hubby there when you bought? I'm trying to figure out why everything wasn't filled out when you signed.

How did you find out you can't go to most places? That is unusual. If you can see availabilty it would mean they have processed your purchase.

Very few, a handful of, resorts have a specific check in day.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From the NOLO site

"In Florida, the developer must furnish each timeshare purchaser with a copy of the public offering statement. (Fla. Stat. Ann. § 721.07 (6)(a).)

The public offering statement is a very detailed history of the project that contains important matters to consider when buying a timeshare interest, including (among other things):

• a description of the timeshare plan
  • the duration, in years, of the timeshare plan
  • whether any interest in the underlying real property will be conveyed to the purchaser
  • a description of the accommodations, and
  • an explanation of how the timeshare developer apportioned common expenses and ownership of the common elements."

So Blessed

Reaction score
Hello,
We bought in TX on 7 Jul and sent a notarized cancellation letter on the 10th (UPS Express with Return Receipt) along with all the products that we received. It was delivered on 11 Jul, but the signature was waived. Why would they decline to sign the receipt and do I need to be concerned? Side note, we also let the personnel at the presentation site know we were cancelling the day after we signed, and one of their reps called to follow up the next day.
BTW, your site is a Godsend, thank you!

Attachments

• 20190712_094907.jpg
    20190712_094907.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 96

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
We bought in TX on 7 Jul and sent a notarized cancellation letter on the 10th (UPS Express with Return Receipt) along with all the products that we received. It was delivered on 11 Jul, but the signature was waived. Why would they decline to sign the receipt and do I need to be concerned? Side note, we also let the personnel at the presentation site know we were cancelling the day after we signed, and one of their reps called to follow up the next day.
BTW, your site is a Godsend, thank you!
Is courier delivery mentioned as a valid form of delivery of the rescission? We always recommend following the instructions exactly, and absent guidance, using USPS Certified. You will probably be fine, but not knowing, you will have anxiety until your money is returned.

Jim

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The instructions say to use USPS. others have used UPS and FED X so you should be fine.

Wrangler18

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This forum and thread is indeed wonderful and has provided some needed relief. My cancellation letter was delivered to BG today (felt like months), but I do have a question for you all. During the sale, we went with the mortgage option for financing. This may be silly to ask, but while we made it explicitly clear to cancel the purchase agreement pursuant to TN law and to refund our deposit, we did not think to explicitly say to cancel the loan as well. I would assume that by cancelling the purchase agreement they would HAVE to cancel the loan as well and the deeds would not get recorded, but I don't know that. Does anyone have any experience on this piece? Wondering if I need to send another letter to specify loan cancellation as well.

Thanks so much!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hi everyone,

This forum and thread is indeed wonderful and has provided some needed relief. My cancellation letter was delivered to BG today (felt like months), but I do have a question for you all. During the sale, we went with the mortgage option for financing. This may be silly to ask, but while we made it explicitly clear to cancel the purchase agreement pursuant to TN law and to refund our deposit, we did not think to explicitly say to cancel the loan as well. I would assume that by cancelling the purchase agreement they would HAVE to cancel the loan as well and the deeds would not get recorded, but I don't know that. Does anyone have any experience on this piece? Wondering if I need to send another letter to specify loan cancellation as well.

Thanks so much!

Usually, the loan gets cancelled too. I don’t think they begin the loan until after the rescission period. If you don’t mind my asking, how much was your rescinded TS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much!

You are canceling the entire contract, of which the loan was part of that contract. Canceling the purchase does cancel the loan so no worries there.

As long as your outgoing certified letter was POSTMARKED within the allowed rescission period then you will receive a refund sometime within the next 45 days.

Sit back, relax, and go out to celebrate :cheer::cheer:

Let us all know when you receive your refund.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
everything goes back the way it was before you signed.

There is no deed to be recorded, in this case you bought a membership in a vacation club. The deeds for the club are in the name of the Bg trust and never get put in the name of the members.

Wrangler18

Reaction score
You are canceling the entire contract, of which the loan was part of that contract. Canceling the purchase does cancel the loan so no worries there.

As long as your outgoing certified letter was POSTMARKED within the allowed rescission period then you will receive a refund sometime within the next 45 days.

Sit back, relax, and go out to celebrate :cheer::cheer:

Let us all know when you receive your refund.

Thank you for the clarification! Because my rescission period was almost up, I did send a follow-up certified letter stating that in addition to cancelling the purchase agreement to also cancel the financing to make absolutely sure. At least they can't say my cancelling is not clear! That letter hasn't made it yet, but they did receive the initial one and relatively soon received an email saying the $49 is refunded. I suspect the refund of the initial deposit won't be that quick, so I will update the thread once it has been refunded.

This forum and you all are seriously the best.

Last edited:

Wrangler18

Reaction score
everything goes back the way it was before you signed.

There is no deed to be recorded, in this case you bought a membership in a vacation club. The deeds for the club are in the name of the Bg trust and never get put in the name of the members.

Thank you! That gives me peace of mind!

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I apologize, I didn't see your earlier post. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
How much was the total price of the TS you are rescinding?

sawblade5

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen 15,000 Points
I bought 20,000 points at Patrick Henry Square in late July, I sent my rescintion letter 3 day later within my 7 day wundow per VA state law return via certified mail receipt requested postmarked within that 7 day period. Now my account is frozen due to past due Maintenance Fees. What do I need to do?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought 20,000 points at Patrick Henry Square in late July, I sent my rescintion letter 3 day later within my 7 day wundow per VA state law return via certified mail receipt requested postmarked within that 7 day period. Now my account is frozen due to past due Maintenance Fees. What do I need to do?

Wait for BG to revert back to before the 20k purchases. It's probably an error on BG's part, hopefully unintentional. As we understand it, the 20k pts TS purchased rescinded was $25k?

Best,

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I will let the BG experts reply. Is it possible to contact the member services staff and show them copies of the rescission paperwork and your Original timeshare? I’m worried doing that, they would connect you to their sales staff.

Last edited:

fullarmor2015

Reaction score
SO GLAD WE FOUND THIS FORUM IN TIME.

We went to the timeshare meeting to get the free stuff no intention of buying. Loved what we saw, ended up buying. Felt some red flags but signed anyway, totally my fault for not stopping and investigating. Went to dinner on the gift card they gave us, "oh you can only use at limited places", go to pay, manager says its only $15 off and cant use the full $100. Now Im mad. Go back to hotel and start researching and found this forum!
Long story short. Still interested but will buy on the reseller market. The red flags that were so brought to light was Biannual Points, then you cant carry them over, they gave us a place on AZ even though we bought in Myrtle Beach, the "free" cruise and airfare, then making us return in a month for "orientation" but not staying at the resort , just a hotel. So many things didnt add up. Then after i felt like i was going to throw up from our decision to purchase i found the paper in our giant packet that said we had 5 days to cancel. I used the template from this site post and mailed it off overnight and requiring a signature this morning. Now the waiting game.

My questions: will i receive any paperwork or emails saying that my contract has been cancelled?

We applied for and secured a credit card through them to pay for the downpayment, and financed the rest through them as well (i was just going to secure a loan from my credit union and pay them both off when we returned home). Will they just cancel everything, the credit card we used as well as the financing?

Looking for assurance from some seasoned timeshare experts. Need to get back to "life" but without this hanging over our heads.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

We went to the timeshare meeting to get the free stuff no intention of buying. Loved what we saw, ended up buying. Felt some red flags but signed anyway, totally my fault for not stopping and investigating. Went to dinner on the gift card they gave us, "oh you can only use at limited places", go to pay, manager says its only $15 off and cant use the full $100. Now Im mad. Go back to hotel and start researching and found this forum!
Long story short. Still interested but will buy on the reseller market. The red flags that were so brought to light was Biannual Points, then you cant carry them over, they gave us a place on AZ even though we bought in Myrtle Beach, the "free" cruise and airfare, then making us return in a month for "orientation" but not staying at the resort , just a hotel. So many things didnt add up. Then after i felt like i was going to throw up from our decision to purchase i found the paper in our giant packet that said we had 5 days to cancel. I used the template from this site post and mailed it off overnight and requiring a signature this morning. Now the waiting game.

My questions: will i receive any paperwork or emails saying that my contract has been cancelled?

We applied for and secured a credit card through them to pay for the downpayment, and financed the rest through them as well (i was just going to secure a loan from my credit union and pay them both off when we returned home). Will they just cancel everything, the credit card we used as well as the financing?

Looking for assurance from some seasoned timeshare experts. Need to get back to "life" but without this hanging over our heads.

Just wait for your refund. They won’t send you emails or phone calls confirming the refund, but they will to try to make another sale.

Don’t answer their calls. You may have to cancel the credit card once the refund comes through.

How much was your TS?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're glad you found us too. There is no requirement for them to advise you of progress of the rescission, but they MUST process it. The loan will be cancelled, but the bank that issued the credit card might want to keep your business. Wait until the refund is posted then you can empty the account and close it.

Don't be in a hurry to buy a resale timeshare. There are plenty of them. Rent a few times- in fact TS rents are reasonable enough that you might never need to buy unless you have a specific need to be in a certain place at a certain time.

Jim

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is the past due amount what the new pts were going to cost you? They usually pick up the first six months fees on new purchases.

Call Monday morning and ask why your account is frozen and if it has to do with the new pts explain that you rescinded the purchase. If you can't get satisfaction that way use the "contact us" feature on the owner's site and ask there,

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

First the cancellation, as long as you post marked the letter in the alloted time you are off the hook. It doesn't matter when they receive it, only when you sent it matters.

There is nothing wrong with Bg biennial pts and many prefer them. Half are good for two years unrestricted and the other half are good one year in any season then can be saved for regular red or lower the second year for a $50 fee.

They do not require you to return for an orientation although they make it sound that way.

Some people like to own some retail pts to be able to get bonus time at all resorts and to be able to buy Traveler's Plus every year for $49 to get RCI nightly stays and Hot Weeks for only 3,000 pts. total.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned