• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Resale - Choice of Exchange company?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
im a current Vistana owner at HRA and SVV Key West. Both use Interval International. I’m in the process of picking up an every other year in the Bella phase. I noticed on the estoppel that the exchange company is RCI. Some questions.

Do i have a choice in which to use?
Do I have to have an exchange company, can I opt out?
What are the benefits of one vs the other?
How much does RCI charge?

Thoughts?

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Yes, you have a choice to use RCI or Interval International or both
II membership is included in your VSN fee, so you basically have free access to it. You would have to pay a separate membership fee to use RCI.

You do not have to use any exchange company at all. I haven't yet registered my SVV with II, because I intend to use it for its Staroptions only.

II has Marriott, Vistana, Hyatt and other resorts. RCI has Hilton, Disney and other resorts. There is not much crossover.

It's worth it to register your SVV (for free) with II. They have great "Getaways" which are basically overflow inventory that they rent out in off season for like $400-$700/week.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes, you have a choice to use RCI or Interval International or both
II membership is included in your VSN fee, so you basically have free access to it. You would have to pay a separate membership fee to use RCI.

You do not have to use any exchange company at all. I haven't yet registered my SVV with II, because I intend to use it for its Staroptions only.

II has Marriott, Vistana, Hyatt and other resorts. RCI has Hilton, Disney and other resorts. There is not much crossover.

It's worth it to register your SVV (for free) with II. They have great "Getaways" which are basically overflow inventory that they rent out in off season for like $400-$700/week.

Hmm I need to check I thought the II fee was part of my MF for my Harborside unit. If that’s the case I’m dumping II for HRA and keeping it for SVV.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
An II account is included with all mandatory deeds, so yes, you should have a II account with HRA. Since you get an II account as an included benefit from Vistana, there is no need to dump it.

You can also have an RCI account, but I wouldn't sign up for one until you are ready to use it because you have to pay the yearly membership out of pocket whether you use it or not.

Something that hasn't been mentioned: With II exchanges, Vistana owners can exchange for Vistana exchanges, before non-Vistana owners. You don't get any priority with RCI.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
An II account is included with all mandatory deeds, so yes, you should have a II account with HRA. Since you get an II account as an included benefit from Vistana, there is no need to dump it.

You can also have an RCI account, but I wouldn't sign up for one until you are ready to use it because you have to pay the yearly membership out of pocket whether you use it or not.

Something that hasn't been mentioned: With II exchanges, Vistana owners can exchange for Vistana exchanges, before non-Vistana owners. You don't get any priority with RCI.
True on the exchange. We also get priority now with MVC locations as well I think

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We also get priority now with MVC locations as well I think

Where did you learn that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score

On vistana.com owner site what is the "External Exchange" section under "My Choices" for Voluntary Resorts (SDO)? Does this make a deposit that then shows up in your account on intervalworld.com? I didn't see this flow documented anywhere..

Thanks!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
On vistana.com owner site what is the "External Exchange" section under "My Choices" for Voluntary Resorts (SDO)? Does this make a deposit that then shows up in your account on intervalworld.com? I didn't see this flow documented anywhere..

Thanks!
Yes. I added my non mandatory to my II account.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
In terms of the Bella unit. I don't believe any of the mandatory resorts have a choice of exchange company. It isn't just a matter of your SVN fees paying for the II membership, but enrolled SVN members can't deposit in RCI. I believe Vistana won't verify the units for RCI membership. I think the estoppel was wrong (shocker but luckily it is a very minor point). While some phases at SVR exchange through RCI, I don't think the mandatory phase of Bella is one of them, nor do I think that developer purchased voluntary sections that exchange through rci, can be enrolled and exchanged through rci if they are indeed enrolled in SVN.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
In terms of the Bella unit. I don't believe any of the mandatory resorts have a choice of exchange company. It isn't just a matter of your SVN fees paying for the II membership, but enrolled SVN members can't deposit in RCI. I believe Vistana won't verify the units for RCI membership. I think the estoppel was wrong (shocker but luckily it is a very minor point). While some phases at SVR exchange through RCI, I don't think the mandatory phase of Bella is one of them, nor do I think that developer purchased voluntary sections that exchange through rci, can be enrolled and exchanged through rci if they are indeed enrolled in SVN.
Do you know about Bella? I can’t get a solid answer. I’m seeing units being listed as a lockout in a platinum week but only 81K star options

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Where did you learn that?

Interval, when a family member exchanged their harborside they gave them a dedicated “Marriott/Vistana owner” phone number to call. The requested unit for Aruba Surf club came a few days later. Before the takeover it was nearly impossible to get into that resort from the extremely limited times it was tried. Just going by what the II rep said about it being a separate phone number. Idk, I never deposited in II.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Someone help me with this please:

I have a question on Bella. So Vistana said that with Bella they have different weeks designated for points? For example. I’m looking at what says a two bedroom lockoff week 39 with 81K star options. According to options chart on Vistana week 39 is platinum and should have 95,700. They said the 81K is only for when they want to book back in the Bella phase? I don’t buy it, sounds like the rep was clueless (shocker). I’ve never heard of a VOI being worth different value of star options for home resort booking and the. A pint her value for SVN bookings. The broker said it’s 81 and Vistana said the 81 is only for when booking back into Bella but couldn’t give other info. The SO chart says it should be 95,700. I’m so confused lol. The “what I own” pdf says 2 bedroom lockout, in a plat week but 81K SO. Is it safe to assume the the “what I own” is wrong?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Interval, when a family member exchanged their harborside they gave them a dedicated “Marriott/Vistana owner” phone number to call. The requested unit for Aruba Surf club came a few days later. Before the takeover it was nearly impossible to get into that resort from the extremely limited times it was tried. Just going by what the II rep said about it being a separate phone number. Idk, I never deposited in II.

I can believe that they combined the tasks for both to a single number. In terms of availability, I’ve seen Aruba Surf with my SDO online many times over the years. I’ve never tried requesting it, tho (been to Aruba, and don’t see any reason to return, but that’s me...).

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Someone help me with this please:

I have a question on Bella. So Vistana said that with Bella they have different weeks designated for points? For example. I’m looking at what says a two bedroom lockoff week 39 with 81K star options. According to options chart on Vistana week 39 is platinum and should have 95,700. They said the 81K is only for when they want to book back in the Bella phase? I don’t buy it, sounds like the rep was clueless (shocker). I’ve never heard of a VOI being worth different value of star options for home resort booking and the. A pint her value for SVN bookings. The broker said it’s 81 and Vistana said the 81 is only for when booking back into Bella but couldn’t give other info. The SO chart says it should be 95,700. I’m so confused lol. The “what I own” pdf says 2 bedroom lockout, in a plat week but 81K SO. Is it safe to assume the the “what I own” is wrong?

Yes, I think this is the one resort that’s more expensive to trade in than out. This change happened ~5 years ago or so IIRC. There was discussion on TUG about it at the time, so if you search you might find some relevant posts.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes, I think this is the one resort that’s more expensive to trade in than out. This change happened ~5 years ago or so IIRC. There was discussion on TUG about it at the time, so if you search you might find some relevant posts.

Thanks I’ll try and do some digging

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can believe that they combined the tasks for both to a single number. In terms of availability, I’ve seen Aruba Surf with my SDO online many times over the years. I’ve never tried requesting it, tho (been to Aruba, and don’t see any reason to return, but that’s me...).

Your saw a 2 bedroom Aruba surf using a 1 bedroom SDO?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Ah

Ah ok maybe a misunderstanding.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Deleted

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Deleted some off-topic posts - let's stick to the topic, please.