• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Just purchased Wyndham Timeshare - Need to Rescind

Kogashuko

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually, most here on TUG would recommend that you not call any department at Wyndham while your rescission request is still in progress. Wyndham is under no obligation to update you on your rescission or refund status. All that Wyndham is required to do is process your rescission and issue you your refund within 45 days.

Refunds usually do not take that long but phoning the departments will likely accomplish nothing for you except for them to try to convince you to reverse your decision to rescind. Besides, the method that is usually legally binding is the certified letter and not a phone call.

Wow good to know. I was thinking there would be some way to check on the status. I guess not if we are working with a company who's entire business model is to shower people in gifts when they sign up until five days are up and we realize we are screwed. Still if they are that shady I still could see them saying "I dont care what USPS says we dont have it and you are paying."

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. My husband called Wyndham again for mailing address. They told him they didn't have mailing address and they only accepted email and fax. I wouldn't buy it.
I will called them after me and my husband are both off work, and mail out rescission letter no matter they accept or not. We will make a call to our credit card company too, hoping they can help us to cancel this transaction

Saying they do not have a USPS Mailing Address is pure B.S. so be sure not to fall for it!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Actually, most here on TUG would recommend that you not call any department at Wyndham while your rescission request is still in progress. Wyndham is under no obligation to update you on your rescission or refund status. All that Wyndham is required to do is process your rescission and issue you your refund within 45 days.

Refunds usually do not take that long but phoning the departments will likely accomplish nothing for you except for them to try to convince you to reverse your decision to rescind. Besides, the method that is usually legally binding is the certified letter and not a phone call.

My contract says all monies has to be refunded in 20 business days but it could vary by state. Many people have been getting email confirmations that they received their rescission request, but all they need is proof the letter was sent. The certified tracking number is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rem07

Reaction score
My contract says all monies has to be refunded in 20 business days but it could vary by state. Many people have been getting email confirmations that they received their rescission request, but all they need is proof the letter was sent. The certified tracking number is enough.

Hi All,

Did anybody else receive this rescission confirmation email?

Your WorldMark by Wyndham Rescission Confirmation Letter is now available.

In order to view it through our secure e-mail process, please follow these 2 easy steps:

1. Click on the link below “View your Rescission Confirmation Letter"
2. Enter your 12 digit Contract Number or 11 digit Member Number and E-mail Address in the authentication fields

It also says the link will expire in 14 days and I'm just suspicious of opening the link.
I sent my letters last week so I'm hoping it's an actual confirmation and not someone trying to sell me something else.
* Crossing fingers

ZHK01

Reaction score
My husband called them but they only offer email address to tell us to send rescission letter.

How do you get this link? What is domain of the email ?

Hi All,

Did anybody else receive this rescission confirmation email?

Your WorldMark by Wyndham Rescission Confirmation Letter is now available.

In order to view it through our secure e-mail process, please follow these 2 easy steps:

1. Click on the link below “View your Rescission Confirmation Letter"
2. Enter your 12 digit Contract Number or 11 digit Member Number and E-mail Address in the authentication fields

It also says the link will expire in 14 days and I'm just suspicious of opening the link.
I sent my letters last week so I'm hoping it's an actual confirmation and not someone trying to sell me something else.
* Crossing fingers

Rem07

Reaction score
My husband called them but they only offer email address to tell us to send rescission letter.

How do you get this link? What is domain of the email ?

It was sent from the link below

WorldMark by Wyndham donotreply@worldmarkbywyndham.com via sendgrid.net

I've also attached a screen shot of the actual email.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 11.21.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 11.21.15 AM.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 160

ZHK01

Reaction score
The domain is real, but please call Wyndham to confirm it is real link and don't forget to send out certified mail at same time because they can't be trusted.

This morning I just call rescission department to check if I am in progress of cancellation because I sent an email to them on 5/20/19. They refuse to check it and remind me I have to wait for 7-10 days to take rescission effective.

Guess what! She finds my email immediately after I tell them I mail out certified mail on 5/21/19.

It was sent from the link below

WorldMark by Wyndham donotreply@worldmarkbywyndham.com via sendgrid.net

I've also attached a screen shot of the actual email.

Thank you

Rem07

Reaction score
The domain is real, but please call Wyndham to confirm it is real link and don't forget to send out certified mail at same time because they can't be trusted.

This morning I just call rescission department to check if I am in progress of cancellation because I sent an email to them on 5/20/19. They refuse to check it and remind me I have to wait for 7-10 days to take rescission effective.

Guess what! She finds my email immediately after I tell them I mail out certified mail on 5/21/19.

The email was real. I called and had them check on the status for me and they said that they sent an email with the confirmation.

Thank you

Joyfuljam

Reaction score
I just purchased a timeshare through Wyndham Vacation Resorts on Sunday 2-22-2015. I woke up on Monday and decided to do research and realized I was out of my mind for doing this. There is a 5 day period per my contract that allows me to cancel. It says this:

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF THE CONTRACT. CANCELLATION MUST BE IN WRITING AND IF SENT BY MAIL, ADDRESSED TO SELLER, ATTENTION: ACCOUNT CONTROLS AND ADMINISTRATION-RESCISSION DEPARTMENT AT 10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD, SUITE 130, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89135; OR P.O. BOX 94443, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89193. CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MOMENT THE LETTER IS POSTMARKED. IF SENT BY MAIL, THE LETTER MAY BE CERTIFIED WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL CANNOT BE WAIVED.

I sent my letter yesterday 2-23-2015 to the P.O. Box address via USPS Priority mail express with a return receipt requested. They said express is considered certified mail. I kept my receipt and a copy of the shipment (postmarked 2-23-2015).

My signed letter was as followed:

My Name
Address
Phone #
Email

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc
Account Controls and Administration-Rescission Department
P.O. Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193

February 23, 2015

Attention Customer Service,

The purpose of this letter is regarding the required cancellation of my timeshare contract. My name is (My Name) and I purchased a timeshare with Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc on February 22, 2015. Per the contract regarding this timeshare, I am contacting you within the rescission period in order to cancel this timeshare contract.

I wish to cancel this agreement immediately, Contract Number: xxxxx-xxxxxxx, dated February 22, 2015. Please provide me with a written response showing you have received this letter within the rescission period. Additionally, please inform me if any additional information is needed.

Timeshare: Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc
Owner: My Name
Contract Number: xxxxx-xxxxxxx
Member Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Purchase: February 22, 2015

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

**My Name

I met all of the requirements they said in the contract. I guess I just sit and wait now? Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks.
I know this is an older post, but thank you for detailing what you included in your rescission letter. It has helped me tremendously.

Mitoda

Reaction score
My husband and I went to a presentation and honestly we were sucked in by how wondeful it all seemed. We purchased but after we got home I started looking for reviews and started to feel sick to my stomach. See, after my husband's cancer we were unable to give our family vacations and now this opportunity presented itself. My husband was more excited than me but I had a nagging voice and sure enough came across thai site. We sign Saturday and we are sending our letter tomorrow. Hoping that we can get out before the 10 days. We do have until the 25th of this month but I am not waiting. It had been crazy. My husband is upset because he had plans to give our kids great memories but financially I dont think that we are prepared for such commitment. Are we making the right decision? We have a friend who is part of the disney vacation club and said we should totally fo it. I am not taking the risk. It is too much of a risk. Can you advise?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have any doubt rescind now don't wait one more minute. Tell hubby all will be well. You just need more time to study the entire timeshare concept. Your friends that recommend you go for it have already purchased. If they told you to wait and do your homework they might feel silly.
Any program you want to purchase you can buy resale for literally pennies on the dollar. Sometimes you can get great Timeshares for free. Timeshares are like drugs for some of us lol so just no from Developers and go resale. Rent from owners you'll save in the long run and stay at fantastic resorts.
The fun in buying resale is the hunt and the research to save tens of thousands of dollars. Ending note if you have to finance a timeshare you don't need it yet. Timeshares are a luxury item not like a house. When the economy gets bad timeshares are the first thing that gets cut from budget.

Mitoda

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your advise. Although my husband had great intentions for our family 400$ a month is not a good investment right now. I will send the letter in the morning. In looking at resale I can see that there is a lot we dont know about timeshare. I dont want my family to be burdened.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thank you so much for your advise. Although my husband had great intentions for our family 400$ a month is not a good investment right now. I will send the letter in the morning. In looking at resale I can see that there is a lot we dont know about timeshare. I dont want my family to be burdened.

There is no reason for the high price tag, when you can buy resale on eBay for pennies on the dollar. With that said, even if you get it free, you still have the commitment of the monthly maintenance fees. On average they go up 3% to 5% every year. Some less, some more. The maintenance fee costs depends on where you own and how many points you own. It might be better to save money every month and rent from another owner for less then the cost of maintenance fees in most cases. For me, my maintenance fees are lower then what people will rent for, especially during prime season. It’s better for me to own. For someone who travels maybe once a year, renting is safer. That way, if you get into a financial bind, you don’t have to worry about making a monthly payment.

Also, never look at a timeshare as an investment, except maybe an investment in further vacations and memories. If you decide to get out and sell, it’s difficult to unload a timeshare quickly. They have Ovations that will take it back for free (they do not buy it back), but it can take up to 90 days according to the Ovations rep I spoke too.

Mitoda

Reaction score
Thank you all for the wonderful advise. Although we sent the letter to both addresses provided on the contract and confirmed delivery we have not heard from them. This made me a little nervous but I am avoiding calling them. What is a safe time let pass before I call them about it?

Shaggysan

Reaction score
Thank you all for the wonderful advise. Although we sent the letter to both addresses provided on the contract and confirmed delivery we have not heard from them. This made me a little nervous but I am avoiding calling them. What is a safe time let pass before I call them about it?

Mine took 2 1/2 weeks before I received my rescission letter.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never. They are required by law to process the rescission, but not to notify you. It can take up to 45 days for the refund to post to your credit card, but will probably be much sooner. We know it's stressful, but that's just the way it is. The law is on your side.

Relax. Go out and celebrate your good fortune. You beat 'em.

Jim

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Agree with Passepartout; 45 days is a common time length for a refund and a normal rule of thumb.

Definitely don't call them as they will try talking you out of it, so instead of a rescission call it becomes a sales call you don't want......

Go celebrate :hi::hi::whooopie::clap::wave::cheer::banana:

Mitoda

Reaction score
Agree with Passepartout; 45 days is a common time length for a refund and a normal rule of thumb.

Definitely don't call them as they will try talking you out of it, so instead of a rescission call it becomes a sales call you don't want......

Go celebrate :hi::hi::whooopie::clap::wave::cheer::banana:

We just got the email that said they cancelled it and should have our money back.

rrsafety

Reaction score
If he wants to help family have a great vacation, offer to pay the hotel bill or the rental cost. It is complete TS bs salesmanship to guilt parents into thinking the ONLY way to help with vacations is through TS. I know because my in-laws fell for it. That $17k and $900 a year could have paid for a lot of family hotel nights.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
If he wants to help family have a great vacation, offer to pay the hotel bill or the rental cost. It is complete TS bs salesmanship to guilt parents into thinking the ONLY way to help with vacations is through TS. I know because my in-laws fell for it. That $17k and $900 a year could have paid for a lot of family hotel nights.

Agreed, but it’s also worth noting that it’s really apples and oranges when comparing hotel rooms to higher end condo style resorts with multiple bedrooms and full kitchens.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Timeshare nation is giving away Wyndham points for free with free closing. FYI

rrsafety

Reaction score
Agreed, but it’s also worth noting that it’s really apples and oranges when comparing hotel rooms to higher end condo style resorts with multiple bedrooms and full kitchens.

Airbnb, condo rentals, Redweek, resort hotels are all great ways to treat your adult children and grand kids. Being suckered by retail TS is a losers game.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Airbnb, condo rentals, Redweek, resort hotels are all great ways to treat your adult children and grand kids. Being suckered by retail TS is a losers game.

Agreed, resale for the win.