• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Aulani and ROFR question: Anybody lost a DVC Aulani contract before?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I just looked at Fidelity. Looks like Boardwalk Villas is a good option for cost. Some of the others are way out of my price range. I would love to own Villas at Grand Californian, we go to Disneyland at least once a year, but I guess Peacock Suites is still my go-to for that.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I just looked at Fidelity. Looks like Boardwalk Villas is a good option for cost. Some of the others are way out of my price range. I would love to own Villas at Grand Californian, we go to Disneyland at least once a year, but I guess Peacock Suites is still my go-to for that.
Or use your existing SSR points for Grand Cal?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I wanted dates in June for VGC and entered a waitlist request. I just wanted a couple of days in a studio or 1 bedroom. Still hoping it comes through.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I wanted dates in June for VGC and entered a waitlist request. I just wanted a couple of days in a studio or 1 bedroom. Still hoping it comes through.
Keep stalking in addition to the waitlist! Pick up what you can on your own and adjust the WL as you go.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keep stalking in addition to the waitlist! Pick up what you can on your own and adjust the WL as you go.
Yes, I should do that. Our son and his wife are celebrating their 3rd anniversary, and he wants to go to Galaxy's Edge. I think they bought annual passes. I know they reserved Paradise Pier for about $650 per night. A studio is not terribly high points for early June. I think it's only 20 points for a studio. That is only about $140 cost. That would save them money. Little Bella will be 2, so she will love the characters and the rides this time. Last time, she was baby of about 3 months.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello DVC owners,

I am nearing the finish line. Got my closing docs last week and returned it to title company. Now just waiting on seller to return their closing docs and transaction to close, deed to be recorded, DVC account ownership to transfer to me, and points to show up. After typing it out, it seems like a lot still needs to happen still :).

I am getting a little bit nervous as I am looking to book long Thanksgiving weekend (check-in 11/28/2019 to check-out 12/02/2019). It's nearing the 7 months mark where it's opened to everybody and I will lose home resort priority.

Since I don't have DVC account yet, can one of you DVC owners give me a preview of availability in Aulani for me for above dates, all the studios type?

Thanks,
Great3

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since I don't have DVC account yet, can one of you DVC owners give me a preview of availability in Aulani for me for above dates, all the studios type?

Thanks,
Great3
All three studio views are still open (available) for those dates.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
All three studio views are still open (available) for those dates.

Great, thanks for checking for me, that makes me feel better. Although I thought there are four view types in Aulani, I guess one of the view may have been booked out already or just partial availability than. Thanks again.

Great3

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
What price is average for Boardwalk Villas and Beach Club Villas? I also love Wilderness (Boulder Ridge) and would love to know what those are going for.

Between Fidelity and DVC Resale, you can ascertain the average price per point.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Yes, I should do that. Our son and his wife are celebrating their 3rd anniversary, and he wants to go to Galaxy's Edge. I think they bought annual passes. I know they reserved Paradise Pier for about $650 per night. A studio is not terribly high points for early June. I think it's only 20 points for a studio. That is only about $140 cost. That would save them money. Little Bella will be 2, so she will love the characters and the rides this time. Last time, she was baby of about 3 months.
If you are not restricted, you could use dvc points for a room at paradise pier that would be less than the $650 a night. Although you would be better off renting the dvc points and then paying cash for the room.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Great, thanks for checking for me, that makes me feel better. Although I thought there are four view types in Aulani, I guess one of the view may have been booked out already or just partial availability than. Thanks again.

Great3
Standard view, island/garden view, pool view and ocean view. I am guessing but probably std view is no longer available. But without checking online can't be 100% sure. Also still in the home resort priority window. When 7 month window opens, a lot of rooms will start getting booked.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Standard view, island/garden view, pool view and ocean view. I am guessing but probably std view is no longer available. But without checking online can't be 100% sure. Also still in the home resort priority window. When 7 month window opens, a lot of rooms will start getting booked.

Yeah, the 7 month windows is coming up on a week. I am hoping the seller return closing docs soon, it's been 1 week already. Oh well, all I can do is play the waiting patiently game!!!

Great3

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, the 7 month windows is coming up on a week. I am hoping the seller return closing docs soon, it's been 1 week already. Oh well, all I can do is play the waiting patiently game!!!

Great3
Even if seller returns docs today, it has to be filed with county. Then it can take 2 weeks for disney to put you into system. Then another week or so to load points and issue you a membership number and for you to access the system.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if seller returns docs today, it has to be filed with county. Then it can take 2 weeks for disney to put you into system. Then another week or so to load points and issue you a membership number and for you to access the system.

Understood, just the sooner the better :). Just keeping my fingers cross it will work out. If it doesn't work out as plan, I will just figure something else out. Not the end of the world!!!

Great3

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
You might think about renting points for your reservation and then renting out your points once they show up to recoup most of the cost. It would cost you a couple of dollars a point but would remove the stress and ensure your stay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might think about renting points for your reservation and then renting out your points once they show up to recoup most of the cost. It would cost you a couple of dollars a point but would remove the stress and ensure your stay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I just got noticed today from the broker that seller sent in the closing docs, and that the transaction / escrow is now closed, so I think I will just take my chances in booking the next 2-3 weeks. I already have Sat, Nov. 30th to Fri., Dec. 6th booked thru my HGVC ownership as my backup, but HGVC just don't have anything on Thurs., Thanksgiving day, and Fri. Worse case, I just miss two extra days in Hawaii and enjoy Thanksgiving at home. I just wanted to surprise my family with a DVC Aulani stay as well if we can make it work. We got the already booked HGVC stay, and than a full week already booked for afterwards in Marriott Ko Olina, so I am not stress about not having a vacation :)!!!

Just thinking to get in two extra days in Oahu, and cut my HGVC shorter to 4 nights if DVC Aulani works out.

Great3

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, 100 points is difficult to use/get enjoyment from.

Yeah, 100 points probably get me at most 3-4 nights in a Studio with no views.

Thankfully, I am not depending on Disney Aulani for my core Hawaii vacation stays. My HGVC is for my Hawaii stays. This DVC Aulani, was meant more as a replacement for 2-4 nights of a hotel stay to take advantage of the lower weekday airfares. I justify the extra cost of 2-4 extra nights in Oahu by the savings off the airplane tickets if I don't return on a Saturday. I rather spend the same amount of money or less on a hotel (and get to stay longer in Hawaii), than put the money into airplane tickets. Besides, I think if I had to stay in a studio for more than 3-4 nights, I would go crazy.

I really like / prefer having at least a 1 bedroom unit with full kitchen.

Great3

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, I just got noticed today from the broker that seller sent in the closing docs, and that the transaction / escrow is now closed, so I think I will just take my chances in booking the next 2-3 weeks. I already have Sat, Nov. 30th to Fri., Dec. 6th booked thru my HGVC ownership as my backup, but HGVC just don't have anything on Thurs., Thanksgiving day, and Fri. Worse case, I just miss two extra days in Hawaii and enjoy Thanksgiving at home. I just wanted to surprise my family with a DVC Aulani stay as well if we can make it work. We got the already booked HGVC stay, and than a full week already booked for afterwards in Marriott Ko Olina, so I am not stress about not having a vacation :)!!!

Just thinking to get in two extra days in Oahu, and cut my HGVC shorter to 4 nights if DVC Aulani works out.

Great3

If you want to meet up at MKO, send me a PM. Will be here at mko during nov and dec and would love to meet another tugger. We are doing the opposite of you. Here at mko until dec 22 then down to hhv until jan 2. Then return back to mko.

I own at hgvc, marriott and dvc so i am sure we have a few common topics of discussion.

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
If you are not restricted, you could use dvc points for a room at paradise pier that would be less than the $650 a night. Although you would be better off renting the dvc points and then paying cash for the room.

Wut? She mentioned the studios were 20 points per night, so to be better off renting the points and paying cash for the room, Cindy would need to rent 20 points for greater than $650. Or $33/point.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wut? She mentioned the studios were 20 points per night, so to be better off renting the points and paying cash for the room, Cindy would need to rent 20 points for greater than $650. Or $33/point.
Yes, studios at VGC range from 20-32 points a night. IF there is availability in 1 of the 23 studios. There is no availability right now, hence the cash reservation at Paradise Pier hotel across the street.

Like I mentioned, if your points are not restricted, you can use DVC points to book a room at Paradise Pier Hotel. The dvc points needed range from 34-42 points per night. At 34 points you would need to rent them for $19 a point and at 42 points you would need $16 a point. Not a great use of points, but if the waitlist doesn't come through, it might make more sense to use your DVC points than cash.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

Great3

Congrats!
Welcome to the DVC family.
You will love staying at Aulani.

You might want to consider renting from a points broker
the one or two nights you want.
You can also borrow from next year if you didn't buy
a stripped account.

Just book the same category as what you made with the
club so you don't have to move.
Disney is very good about this although they will always
tell you they won't guarantee it. They will do it. If for some
reason they can't, they will move all your stuff to the new room.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks to everyone that posted. After much stalking, wait-listing, etc.... (with booking a hotel stay for 2 nights as a back-up on Thanksgiving day), was I was able to re-arrange my Oahu vacation stay this last weekend between my Aulani and HGVC ownership. I saw HGVC opened up for Thanksgiving, and grabbed that, and will than move on to DVC Aulani (which had availability after Thanksgiving weekend) and than Marriott Ko Olina. So excited to finally try out Aulani, as I promised myself about 5 years ago in 2015 that I will say at Aulani one day, and now I will finally get to fulfill that wish / dream.

Great3

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks to everyone that posted. After much stalking, wait-listing, etc.... (with booking a hotel stay for 2 nights as a back-up on Thanksgiving day), was I was able to re-arrange my Oahu vacation stay this last weekend between my Aulani and HGVC ownership. I saw HGVC opened up for Thanksgiving, and grabbed that, and will than move on to DVC Aulani (which had availability after Thanksgiving weekend) and than Marriott Ko Olina. So excited to finally try out Aulani, as I promised myself about 5 years ago in 2015 that I will say at Aulani one day, and now I will finally get to fulfill that wish / dream.

Great3

Nice! That's a better order anyway, as Aulani and MKO are much closer than HHV.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Great3
If you want to meet up at MKO when you are here, I would love to talk timeshares with another owner that also owns HGVC, DVC and MVC. Will be in house also so would love to chat.