• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vida Lifestyle, SFX, ICE Upsell

atlantabusch

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
I am a recent owner to GL at Vidanta. I just got a call from Vida Lifestyle which is ICE which also owns SFX. They are selling me to upgrade to a "Ultra" package. The portion of the package that is intriguing is the expanded reservation window. That is I can deposit a week and then book another week at Vidanta years ahead. So this gets around the limitation of the 12 month window for GL, and other hotel limitations (e.g. 6 months for GM). As I do resell un-used weeks this would be very valuable to me. Any insight or advice as I do love Vidanta but don't trust anyone close to them.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I am a recent owner to GL at Vidanta. I just got a call from Vida Lifestyle which is ICE which also owns SFX. They are selling me to upgrade to a "Ultra" package.

The portion of the package that is intriguing is the expanded reservation window.

Any insight or advice as I do love Vidanta
but don't trust anyone close to them.

Short Answer : “Ultra Package “ will give you access beyond 12 months . If you want access from mid- Dec. to mid April / Christmas to Easter access . Then the answer is maybe.

If Vidanta Grand Luxxe is your only timeshare this could work for you .

Long Answer :
Vida Lifestyle is run by ICE / Vida Dollars & store is run by ICE

To my understanding SFX is a separate company / they also have a strong relationship with Vidanta and run Vida SFX Weeks (outgoing as a Vidanta owner) and SFX offers access to Vidanta for incoming exchangers . The outgoing exchange uses,a “bonus”week that does not impact your usage of your registered week at Grand Luxxe .Use of a Vida -SFX (bonus) week to go elsewhere would require a payment to SFX .

Using exchange companies can get you confirmed reservations at Vidanta resorts that exceed the ARP in owner contracts . There are generally added costs .

RCI has weeks listed at Grand Luxxe NV through Nov 2020 - (ie) 20 months from now .resort code RB 71 has 2 bedrooms & smaller . <There are no weeks currently listed from mid Dec 2019 to mid March 2020.>
I have RCI weeks and the TPU amount currently needed ranges from 12 (low season -fall) to 24 (summer)You then have the added RCI exchange fee and the Vidanta exchanger resort fees .

Intervals International has extensive Grand Luxxe access / again with exchange and resort fees.

SFX has Vidanta access - for folks who deposit other resorts into SFX .The SFX resort fee is lower -likely because of a different revenue split contract with Vidanta.

Vidanta has also sold Grand Luxxe registered week contracts that include Privilege Weeks .
These are weeks that give the buyer Vidanta access without an added resort fee but do not necessarily include all addendum of an owner contract - such as discounted golf fees .

I know some Privilege Weeks are administered by SFX . I believe ICE under one or more of their brands also administers Privilege Weeks . The term “concierge “ may be used by Vidanta to explain the company(s)that give Privilege Week access .

The reasons (IMO) for this structure seems to be :
1) It allows Vidanta to expand owner access ,without any need to count these as registered weeks .
2) It gives bonus weeks to new full contract owners that are part of the sales pitch .
3)It give an “exit package “product that is sold under ICE brand Vacation Clubs . (Destinos / Private Reserve Ttravel Club-PRTC )
4) It gives Vidanta a better revenue split on “ off season / partner “access then they get from II or RCI.
5) Vidanta reservations always controls the actual availability .

Privilege Weeks come with lesser or no ARP ; and access is totally subject to availability . (ie) Your registered week contract component requires that you CAN book a RTU week .
Privilege Weeks and any other bonus weeks are " if available usage" / which is generally no problem post Easter/ mid April to mid December.
(I have a 2006 Mayan Palace contract that terms my bonus week Vacation Fare / It is for non- snowbird season use (ie) 45 day ARP,for Feb - March / 6 months April- Dec )

Since Vidanta builds for Mexican Holiday & Peak Snowbird Season - there has always been good availability access from mid April to mid December .

This peak build formula seems to work for Vidanta and other Mexican Developers because they build and staff in pesos but colllect MF & exchange revenue in USD $ .

IMO -One of the reason for Vidanta’s Celebrate Park concept is to increase summer occupancy with Mexican Nationals visits.

IMO - exchange company and Privilege Week “concierge” listings by Vidanta work more like how hotel or airline seat listings function on all the various booking companies .
The same week is listed on multiple platforms . As bookings occur - Vidanta reservations removes the inventory . They also set aside enough inventory for the various owner ARP points based on prior use statistics etc .

Past history has shown Vidanta doing developer bulk deposits that include peak season Jan- April . In May 2018 RCI had Feb 2020 weeks for various Vidanta brands . high demand weeks can go quickly when made available .[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I am a recent owner to GL at Vidanta. I just got a call from Vida Lifestyle which is ICE which also owns SFX. They are selling me to upgrade to a "Ultra" package. The portion of the package that is intriguing is the expanded reservation window. That is I can deposit a week and then book another week at Vidanta years ahead. So this gets around the limitation of the 12 month window for GL, and other hotel limitations (e.g. 6 months for GM). As I do resell un-used weeks this would be very valuable to me. Any insight or advice as I do love Vidanta but don't trust anyone close to them.

I do know some folks that rent out their weeks at Grand Luxxe. It’s a lot of work and tough to do in competition with the Vidanta bulk deposits in RCI & II. It sounds easier to accomplish at the larger room sizes. The weeks they rent are from reservations of their weeks with Vidanta not ones through SFX or ICE. If you look at the terms & conditions for those, you’ll see a similar no commercial use clause to the other exchange companies. No idea how much they seek to enforce that, though, but they might if there is a good rental market.

atlantabusch

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
T-Dot and Eric. Thank you for your input. @T-Dot, your understand is close to mine. The only TS I own is GL. My first concern is access for my family. Marketing additional weeks just off sets a portion of my cost. I will probably go with the plan as there is a 10 day rescind period and confirm the details and fine print.