• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What do you consider "sales price" for ROFR & Comparison Purposes?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Please do verify the MFs & $609 Club Activation fee for resale buyers and report back.

Based on what is now showing on the HGVC website, I am going to say it was a $599.00 activation fee paid by the broker/seller??? Will let you know on the MFs.
upload_2019-2-20_13-21-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-20_13-18-30.png
    upload_2019-2-20_13-18-30.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 56

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
And after looking closer, I can now access the owners' association reports. They clearly listed it incorrectly in the eBay auction as I thought. The $755.32 @GT75 has on the spreadsheet for 1 BRs (regular and +) is correct.

I love the MFs/point on this unit and the good thing about it versus Vegas is it is a 6.5 hour drive from my House and somewhere I would love to go to the beach. (That said, I am more likely to use the points and go to Ocean 22 when I do go to Myrtle beach.)

Without the resources and community of TUG, this would not have been possible for me to have figured out. Thanks, GT75! My family should get a lot of enjoyment out of this.

upload_2019-2-20_13-47-7.png

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Based on what is now showing on the HGVC website, I am going to say it was a $599.00 activation fee paid by the broker/seller??? Will let you know on the MFs.
View attachment 10484

I would still wait on the fees. This unit was summited to HGVC in Dec 2018 (passed ROFR in 2018 as well). Love to know the fee when one is submitted in 2019.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would still wait on the fees. This unit was summited to HGVC in Dec 2018 (passed ROFR in 2018 as well). Love to know the fee when one is submitted in 2019.

You are probably right on the need to wait and see. This sale did clear ROFR in 2018. The broker put the paperwork for the transfer in the mail on 1/11/2019 per an email they sent me.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Good point. I got caught in this a few years ago on one of my purchases. I ended up paying the higher following year activation fee once all of the fees were posted.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Oh yeah, congrats on the purchase! That is a great deal and a great MF. Throw in the higher points and you are getting a steal!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@escanoe They waived rofr on a 1br platinum 6200pt eoy for $809 purchase with $450 closing cost and you get 2019 usage?

Amazing deal! Congrats!

Yes! The broker messed around and didn't get ROFR in until around 12/10/2018. I was a little worried that they would drag it out until January and have a new pool of money (who knows if it really works that way). But it seemed the staff was more interested in getting the ROFRs all turned around before the holidays, and it cleared before Christmas.

I get 2019 usage, but I overpaid for reimbursing 2019 MFs. I have been promised to get the difference back, but I guess I shouldn't complain too loud even if I don't.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Congratulations. Wow, I think that you certainly did get a good deal (low buy in price with excellent {very low} MFs) on this one. Please do verify the MFs & $609 Club Activation fee for resale buyers and report back.
It seems Anderson is a good buy these days.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I now have a high degree of certainty that this purchase went through. I checked my HGVC online account last night and I have an extra 6,200 points in my balances for 2019 and 2021. It also shows me owning a platinum 1BR+ EOY at Anderson Ocean Club. I still don't know how much less than the $3653.41 I paid up front it will eventually cost me. Hilton doesn't have any of the fees (that I paid the eBay broker up front) listed on the account yet. I also have an agreement (written in email) that the broker is going to find out how much was actually paid for 2019 maintenance fees and refund me the difference. The eBay listing says the 2019 MFs are $1,290.00, but per the TUG spreadheet and everything I have seen they should be $755.32. My experience with buying online from Legacy Adventures (this is my second purchase from them) is that they are honest and do what they say, but you need to know your stuff as they are not HGVC experts, and recognize you are always taking some risk when buying on eBay. I think they could have sold this for more had they listed the MFs correctly. I knew what they were because I was looking for exactly what I wanted to buy. Actually, I wanted every year instead of EOY .... but at this price I thought I would go ahead and buy it.
Congratulations, nice deal