• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE--Vacation Village @ Parkway 2BR/Lockoff Fixed Week 32-Even

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Umbrella Beach Club (AMI,FL),
Longboat Bay Club (LBK,FL),
Veranda Beach Club (LBK,FL)
Do you have any pictures? I am new to the forum
Yes, this is still available. I have been busy the last few weeks with other matters, so have not been actively marketing it by bumping this thread--so thanks for the bump.

For pictures, the best thing to do is go to the Vacation Village website http://www.vacationvillageresorts.com/VVR/vacation_village_parkway/

If after reviewing things you (or anyone else, for that matter) are still interested, send me a PM (or "Conversation" in the new nomenclature) by clicking on my username.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I have heard the resort is planning a new lazy river pool feature. If so, I see the popularity rising.

Last edited:

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
Hi Boris-Bear, I sent you a PM a couple of days ago. I haven't heard back from you, just wondering if you received it. I am still interested in your unit.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
Does anyone know if this resort trades with II? Trying to find out by calling II but I have been on hold for over 20 minutes.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
First use is 2018?

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BUMP! Back on the Market for 2020!

Bringing back a 1 1/2 year old thread because I never did let this one go (other things in non-timeshare life intervened).

It’s available again for adoption to a good home. A great “first timeshare” to own (it was my first), as it’s easy to learn how to use or trade. Nice resort, great location, and although it’s hot that week in Orlando, it also makes a great trader unit.

All the details are still the same (scroll up in the thread for relevant info and a whole lot of trivia...).

It’s free of course, although I’d like some help with the transfer fees/closing costs and we can negotiate that.

Need to let this one go because other priorities are elsewhere. I do still like the property and the location, but I got to clear out my portfolio a bit...

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BUMP!
Vacation Village at Parkway
Week 32 Even Years Only
2BR Lockoff Unit
FREE to a good home

Come on folks...make me an offer...

YES, I know you can buy virtually the same thing from a dozen eBay sellers for a dollar or less...

...but then you will have to deal with the seller’s closing terms and staff and wonder if they are a fly-by-night outfit that trades under 4 different names online and takes forever to deliver a possibly incorrect deed and such. You might get scammed out of your dollar or worse, wind up with your name on an incorrect deed.

Why Mess around with that when you can work with a real TUG member (me) and negotiate the closing (I would use LT transfers for the closing work) and have good communication along the way?

Dariah

Reaction score
What if you never want to use that specific week? We only ever go to Florida in January. Is it easy to trade?

I have no idea how this all works, I am a toddler in the TS world.

How easy is it to trade with another random location anywhere else in January lets say?

Dariah

Reaction score
We stayed at this resort a couple years ago.

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What if you never want to use that specific week? We only ever go to Florida in January. Is it easy to trade?

I have no idea how this all works, I am a toddler in the TS world.

How easy is it to trade with another random location anywhere else in January lets say?

Welcome to the playpen, toddler Dariah!
Whether or not you take my unit or anyone else’s, you’ll find lots of great advice and friendly folks here to help you grow up, learn your letters, and make it to the bigger kids finger-paint table , timeshare-wise. I am frequently the one at the same table with finger paint on my nose and eating the paste as I’ve only been at this a few years myself.

This 2BR unit (or units, as it “locks off to 2 separate 1BR units) would trade through the RCI Weeks system (you would need an RCI membership to do so)—-Vacation Village does not have an “internal trading” system of their own, but they do have a deal with RCI whereby exchanges through RCI between Vacation Village properties get a reduced exchange fee ($149 instead of $249 I think). As it’s RCI, you could actually exchange for any number of other resorts in Orlando or elsewhere (at the higher exchange fee) subject to availability.

So you could easily trade it and exchange for a unit at VVP in another month if you wanted to. I myself have never stayed there using my actual owned week—I’ve always traded it and done other things with the trading credits (known as TPU in RCI-speak).

VVP is a big resort (and they are still building on...) so there is very frequently space available on exchange there. Lots of other Timeshares in Orlando to if you wanted to do that. Mid January’s not an option for me, shackled to school schedules as I presently am, so I can’t opine in general availability then...

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Do you only pay maintenance fee on even years?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

We have an every other year points week at Grandview Las Vegas, another VV resort, and pay maintenance fees every year. I would expect this to do the same.

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Why yes, as a matter of fact, you do!

With an even year unit such as this, the full Maintenance Fee is paid every other year.

For this unit, the full MFs are due on January 1st of the even-numbered year (i.e. next due on 01/01/2020). As a practical matter of course, that means you are probably paying the MF payment in the latter part of the odd-year.

They will accept pre-payments online if you want to trade early. I suppose if you wanted to that could a way to pay half the fees each year if you wanted to do it that way.

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still Available and waiting for you to enjoy!

Vacation Village at Parkway...Week 32 (mid-August) on even-Years only. A great location and opportunity for frequent visits or trades!

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BUMP! COMPLETELY FREE! Get a better deal than Walt Disney got*!

2BR Lockoff at Vacation Village at Parkway! (Combined about 1500 square feet)
Great location...great trader...close to Disney, and close to Publix!

Every other year, week 32 (Mid-August) fixed, or trade through RCI for discounted exchanges.

I will pay all acquisition costs--the $250 resort transfer fee plus the closing costs (using LT Transfers)!

Unit is fully paid off (no mortgage) and we're up to date on all fees. Next fees would be due 1/1/2020.

*Legend has it he bought the initial land for Walt Disney World for $100/acre from cattle rancher Irlo Bronson (who was also a State Senator and for whom US192 right outside Vacation Village is named).

...Which would work out to 0.23 cents per square foot. A 1,500 sf unit at Vacation village would have therefore cost ol' Walt about $3.44. I think Walt could have afforded that, but you can have it for even less!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
This is a great resort with a lot to offer. And they are building several new buildings

Attachments

• VV 1.pdf
    501.1 KB · Views: 39
  • VV activity schedule.pdf
    742.1 KB · Views: 35
  • VV shuttle schedule.pdf
    465 KB · Views: 37
  • VV grocery run schedule.pdf
    233.5 KB · Views: 33