• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sometimes it's better to buy from the brand [says Timeshare Salesman]

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've insulted no one, nor implied that anyone was stupid. It helps to actually read the words and not just skim enough to confirm one's biases. If you're uncomfortable, no one is forcing you to stay and participate.

Because, as stated multiple times, I'm unwilling to violate company policy by describing the specifics of our products, which would risk my job. Perhaps you noticed attempts to doxx me in this forum? Perhaps you noticed hostile participants in this thread who might conceivably alert my employer out of spite?

You're just an internet nobody who doesn't even read very well. Winning an argument with you is much less important to me than securing my employment.

Bold parts pretty much says it all.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Incorrect, I am referring to premium deeds, not inferior ones.
Which aren't sold for $22,000 so your chart is not valid since that is the main assumption of the chart.

maxpot46

Reaction score
Not to worry. Others have pointed out that what you sell at HGVC for $22K and $980 MF is a low value week that would never meet all (or any) of your assumptions. I'm sure others with HGVC experience will chime in with more concrete examples of the numbers to refute your theoretical world example.

This is why I prefer to debate TS sales people in presentations. They can't ignore the questions you ask them or refuse to tell you the numbers of what they are selling (or the pitch ends quickly). Here, you can hide behind your "risk my job" excuse to refuse to disclose the very facts that make up your faulty graph.

P.S. No doxxing here. Just posts about where you work, that is easily searchable, and nothing personal.

They have stated what they want to believe, but are factually incorrect.

Yes, obviously if you were in my office, I'd be showing real figures and your own personal figures vs. national averages.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Incorrect, I am referring to premium deeds, not inferior ones.
Sold for $22,000 and $980 MF? Do tell where we buy these premium deeds from HGVC, with a 50% (+4% per year) resale value.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You are also using ARDA data which does not refer to premium deeds only so selectively using their data with the average of all timeshares of which there are plenty of crappy ones and then selectively using info about premium deeds won't lead to valid results. Just a fuzzy bunch of misleading numbers.

maxpot46

Reaction score
Not looking at cells. At the start of the graph. Your rent line is at 0 ie not accounting for the 22 grand in your pocket.
Again it has been pointed out. No one argues that RETAIL prices have risen. Answer one question. Will you buy back at the retail price since you used that increase for the NPV?

Why did you not answer the other questions I posed?????? The only one you answered was with a bogus retail price inflation that has nothing to do with resale prices.

The rent line starts at zero because the graph shows spending per year discounted to present day monetary values, and renting involves no initial capital outlay.

I answered all your questions, each on a separate line, and my post has several lines. Not sure what you're looking at. Feel free to repeat questions you believe I've skipped.

maxpot46

Reaction score
Which aren't sold for $22,000 so your chart is not valid since that is the main assumption of the chart.

We have premium deeds that WHEN PRO-RATED (because they offer more than 1 week of resort stays) are approximately equal to or even superior to the national average.

maxpot46

Reaction score
Sold for $22,000 and $980 MF? Do tell where we buy these premium deeds from HGVC, with a 50% (+4% per year) resale value.

My office (which is a witty retort that does not address your presumption of my employer).

Last edited:

maxpot46

Reaction score
You are also using ARDA data which does not refer to premium deeds only so selectively using their data with the average of all timeshares of which there are plenty of crappy ones and then selectively using info about premium deeds won't lead to valid results. Just a fuzzy bunch of misleading numbers.

We have premium deeds that are priced approximately equivalent to or even superior to the national averages. Since this thread is about increasing MY knowledge, I'm comfortable with simply stating the facts, and giving no weight to whether YOU choose to believe them or not.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have premium deeds that WHEN PRO-RATED (because they offer more than 1 week of resort stays) are approximately equal to or even superior to the national average.
Which is why using ARDA data about MF 's and annual increases irrelevant. By using $22,000 you start of with mucky data if you are really comparing 4 weeks of use with an $80,000+ purchase.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Don't you just love sales' presentations where the salesperson talks about how much Motel 6 was in the 1950's and how much it's increased since then, and then they talk about the cost of a timeshare and don't talk at all about MF's and inflation on those as well? Total baloney.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have premium deeds that are priced approximately equivalent to or even superior to the national averages. Since this thread is about increasing MY knowledge, I'm comfortable with simply stating the facts, and giving no weight to whether YOU choose to believe them or not.
If you did have such deeds you could allow members here to PM you because if you can sell premium deeds for $22,000 and offer $10,000 in bonus points that have a resale value of even $5,000 you would have your message box overflowing with offers from even informed or jaded if you will Tuggers.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
My first post was true up until that point in time. I chose to depart from that strategy as a matter of reciprocity.

I saw nothing in the post you insulted the poster with that warrants that. He asked you a question that many have asked. Just because you refuse to answer a very valid question and central to this discussion does not give you the right to insult them.

maxpot46

Reaction score
As part of the sales contract, will you write in a repurchase agreement stating what you have stated here: your company agrees to repurchase the (unit / week / points) at 50% of this sales agreement with a 4% annual increase?

I don't have any control over company policy, so no. I can only demonstrate what we have historically done and explain why this is our best business strategy.

maxpot46

Reaction score
That's a pretty big assumption. My maintenance fees have gone up exactly 5% per year for the last five years or so at roughly double the rate of CPI. I know Marriott and Starwood resorts also went through a patch where their maintenance fees were going up at even higher annual rates. If you looked at the compound annual growth rate of maintenance fee increases over the last ten years across the industry, I'm thinking you'd find increases far greater than the overall rate of inflation in the economy.

My 2.5% figure was taken from analyzing 15 years of my companies price sheets. It has not been 2.5% every year, that is the average. My research has indicated that, on average, MF across all products averages 3% per year, so my own companies figures are similar. If you have a data source that indicates otherwise, I'd be delighted to see it.

maxpot46

Reaction score
Thanks -
He mentioned contacting a group of folks he had sold contracts to : (when Wyndham changed how the credit pool worked) to explain the change AND how it impacted usage of a specific type of contract he had been selling . So it is likely he was primarily selling existing owners
and upgrading them. (from memory ).

I added the example of higher dollar. sales and a higher rate of rescinding as a theoretical.
Your management obviously has real world stats and wants the sales staff to find the sweet spot .

Your sales style program may work better lend itself to finding that spot vs emotional selling .

I don't sell emotionally, I consider that unethical. I'm a logical creature who has created a logical presentation. Here's the product, here's the numbers... take it or leave it.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you did have such deeds you could allow members here to PM you because if you can sell premium deeds for $22,000 and offer $10,000 in bonus points that have a resale value of even $5,000 you would have your message box overflowing with offers from even informed or jaded if you will Tuggers.

Exactly. Note how all those positive numbers are the ones he won't disclose. No company would build a timeshare then give them away at cost after incentives. Under those numbers after commissions and "update incentives" they would lose money. I guess they make it up on volume. Not gonna happen.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't have any control over company policy, so no. I can only demonstrate what we have historically done and explain why this is our best business strategy.
doing something once or twice or even very selectively for premium deeds is not true historical data that can be extrapolated to all sales.

maxpot46

Reaction score
I saw nothing in the post you insulted the poster with that warrants that. He asked you a question that many have asked. Just because you refuse to answer a very valid question and central to this discussion does not give you the right to insult them.

Perhaps you missed him calling me a liar here, and that my response simply plays upon his accusation:

"I do not think you are selling Ferraris, i think you are selling Ladas to people who cannot read."

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My 2.5% figure was taken from analyzing 15 years of my companies price sheets. It has not been 2.5% every year, that is the average. My research has indicated that, on average, MF across all products averages 3% per year, so my own companies figures are similar. If you have a data source that indicates otherwise, I'd be delighted to see it.
You are talking price sheets. Price sheets don't typically show MF's. MF's are typically de-emphasized during sales and a detailed discussion of anything other than hypothetical historic (inaccurate) MF are all you will get.

As a collective Tug keeps track of MF's. Don't go back 15 years. How MF's increased 15 years ago isn't nearly as relevant today as going back 5 years.

maxpot46

Reaction score
$4000? My guess is it passes at $2000. I know it was a year and a half ago, but ROFR.net has a 2bedroom gold at HGVC on the Boulevard passing for $2000 and another for $3000 in the fall of 2018. I know you can’t always go by the numbers there, but those gold 2 bedrooms aren’t worth much, maybe $0.50 a point or less.

Looking it up, it seems HGVC on the Boulevard is in Vegas? I would never call a Vegas deed a premium one, with almost 300 timeshare properties there and abundant options for deals and even comps (I'm a heavy gambler with 30 years of Vegas trips under my belt, and have never paid for a hotel room in Vegas).