• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Greg Craft

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hopefully none at Full Price right now
Okay,

First I am new to this website, and already appreciate the time and effort that has gone into having access to this wealth of information.
Second, because of this forum I was able to make a smart decision and try and cancel my contract with Hilton before the 5 days was up to Rescind the contract.

However I mailed my letter out on the 5th day, it was postmarked that day, and I paid for certified mail so I know they received it. It is now showing to deliver "later than expected, but still on its way".

I guess my question is, how long can it be in the mail and not negatively affect me getting out of the contract, as well as what do I do if this thing gets lost??

Appreciate the help in advance, I am just trying to plan for the worst.

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
From what I have been reading on here, the postmarked date rules the roost, that is the important date, as long as you followed the exact guidelines on how to rescind, you should be fine.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is now showing to deliver "later than expected, but still on its way".

I guess my question is, how long can it be in the mail and not negatively affect me getting out of the contract, as well as what do I do if this thing gets lost??

Appreciate the help in advance, I am just trying to plan for the worst.
You'll be fine, Greg. Patience.

Greg Craft

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hopefully none at Full Price right now
I am just worried if it gets lost, what my next step could be

Brian_F

Reaction score

Exact same thing happened to me. It was two weeks before I got delivered confirmation. If you want piece of mind send them an email with the signed letter attached and a picture of the certified letter receipt showing post mark. They actually rescinded my contract and refunded mine the same day I emailed. Another poster reported the same a couple weeks ago, she got confirmation minutes later. My guess is the delay on the certified mail is because of the signature requirement. It is required, so future readers of this should not skip that step. Just add the email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Greg; Certified Mail is used in terms of legal requirements. It is enforceable in Courts. Trust me, retaining the Postmarked Receipt is critical. Your piece will be delivered at some point. It is the actual date of mailing that is the most important in this entire process.

No need to worry about something you have no control of other than retaining the Postmarked Receipt (which is your proof of mailing).

Relax, read the TUG resale ads and enjoy the savings your recession now affords you!