• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare with year round benefits [day use]

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Over the last several years I have seen people from time to time post about TS they own that give them benefits outside there interval week or point allotment. Some have use of stables, pools, fitness centers, and more.

It would be interesting if people could post TS’s they own that provide year round benefits such as these.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
PepperTree Tamarack In the Wisconsin Dells has a fitness center, pools and racket ball court that can be used as Day privileges for owners.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Cold Spring Resort also does that. I can use the pool anytime I'm in the area.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Timber Lodge in Breckenridge, CO has day use privileges which include free underground parking, use of fitness center, pools, locker rooms etc, as well as Bonus Time rates. The parking offer is so popular, it must now be reserved online ahead of time.
This is such a well used bonus for CO locals that Breckenridge Grand Vacations discontinued it when they built their next two Breckenridge resorts.

Ridge Tahoe in Stateline, NV offers Owner Bonus time, which offers fantastic cash rates on stays within 15 days of booking.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I own at Innseason Pollard Brook and they allow day usage of facilities for vacation club owners (points). I am a weeks owner, so I am not sure that this is also a benefit for us and our adult son, but I think it is.

Smuggs used to allow this as well if you stayed via RCI at a resort nearby and still had active "benefits", but not sure they still allow that anymore. It was a verbal thing told to owners at the time of purchase. You know how that goes.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Our timeshare in St Augustine Beach (The Beach Club at St Augustine Beach & Tennis Resort, RCI#0890) has day use privileges for owners. When the place was first built (early '80s) it was marketed towards the locals so they could come for the day, use the pool or just park in the lot and walk down to the beach. Day use is limited to the owner(s) and a small number of guest (cant remember if 2 or 4, or?). Day use privileges are suspended during peak/busy times (ie; 4th of July). We have used the pool when we have been in town for a day or so and not staying there several times.

~Diane

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We own at Coronado Beach Resort and day use includes off street underground parking, use of the beach equipment (chairs, umbrellas, wagons, boogie boards), bikes, access to the roof top deck and sauna, plus coffee, cookies, and popcorn in the lobby.

Carlsbad Seapointe is almost the same except that there is no parking and there are no bikes. But the pool has an awesome ocean view.

Edit to add that both have fitness rooms but I don't use them, lol. They also have discounted nightly rates but I haven't used that feature either.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Grand Pacific Resorts invites day-use of the resort facilities (gym, pools) for owners.

Warner Springs Ranch (SoCal timeshare closed in 2012) used to offer day use of the stables, hot-springs pool, cold pools, dry saunas, fitness center, tennis courts, lounge areas, golf, trails, etc. It was a true hybrid of "country club meets timeshare." FWIW, I enjoyed a lovely guided trail ride yesterday on the ranch property as it works to re-open under the new owner as a commercial guest ranch.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Grand Pacific Resorts invites day-use of the resort facilities (gym, pools) for owners.

Warner Springs Ranch (SoCal timeshare closed in 2012) used to offer day use of the stables, hot-springs pool, cold pools, dry saunas, fitness center, tennis courts, lounge areas, golf, trails, etc. It was a true hybrid of "country club meets timeshare." FWIW, I enjoyed a lovely guided trail ride yesterday on the ranch property as it works to re-open under the new owner as a commercial guest ranch.
Does Marbrisa GPR/HGVC work this way too?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
My small resort, Sand Pebbles, in Solana Beach CA, let us come by and use the pool and laundry facilities for the day when we were in the area.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The Resort on Cocoa Beach has day use (last I knew). Not much of a benefit from 860 miles away.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used the Resort on Cocoa Beach many times for day use. Makes a nice beach day if we are staying in Orlando.

We also have used the Marriotts on HHI. We own Grande Ocean, Barony, and Surfwatch. Each resort offers something different and makes for a nice outing.

We may be spoiled. All the resorts we own offer day use privileges and we have used everyone of them.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We own at Discovery Beach Resort in Cocoa Beach and they also offer day use. We also get discounted prices on available nights. Not sure if you get this with resale.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Sedona Pines - Sedona, AZ
California Vacation Club Napa - Napa, CA

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Enchanted Isle in Hollywood beach FL allows day use,
includes free parking, beach chairs, wifi, pool and BBQs.

Bluegreen Solara Surfside, FL includes day use and bonus time,
Valet parking if available, pool, hot tub.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Grand Ocean on Hilton Head Island has day use privileges to use all the facilities at the resort. It's best to call ahead though as they have the option to deny you if they are too full.

Craig

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brewster Green Resort and Colonial Acres Resort, both on Cape Cod, offer day use privileges to owners.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Harbor Ridge has day use, which makes the cheap winter weeks attractive to locals. The MF is cheaper than a family Y membership and is more convenient to the western side of the island than Bar Harbor. Many own just to use the indoor pool every morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Brewster Green Resort and Colonial Acres Resort, both on Cape Cod, offer day use privileges to owners.

I exchanged into The Cove at Yarmouth in September and an owner of another week was there as day use- so they do offer it there.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
Grand Timber Lodge in Breckenridge, CO has day use privileges which include free underground parking, use of fitness center, pools, locker rooms etc, as well as Bonus Time rates. The parking offer is so popular, it must now be reserved online ahead of time.
This is such a well used bonus for CO locals that Breckenridge Grand Vacations discontinued it when they built their next two Breckenridge resorts.

Ridge Tahoe in Stateline, NV offers Owner Bonus time, which offers fantastic cash rates on stays within 15 days of booking.

Are there any other resorts in Co like this?

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge. Maybe some CO locals can chime in for other resort recommendations that have similar benefits.

Breckenridge Grand Vacations killed this resale offering due to its popularity. It's still available for developer only sales at Grand Colorado on Peak 8 and Grand Lodge on Peak 7 but these benefits do not transfer to resale buyers. The parking benefit is worth $20 per day and is actually closer (and heated underground) than the official Breckenridge parking lots.

http://blog.breckenridgegrandvacations.com/day-use-parking-benefits/

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
Not to my knowledge. Maybe some CO locals can chime in for other resort recommendations that have similar benefits.

Breckenridge Grand Vacations killed this resale offering due to its popularity. It's still available for developer only sales at Grand Colorado on Peak 8 and Grand Lodge on Peak 7 but these benefits do not transfer to resale buyers. The parking benefit is worth $20 per day and is actually closer (and heated underground) than the official Breckenridge parking lots.

http://blog.breckenridgegrandvacations.com/day-use-parking-benefits/

Thank you for this. I am living in Denver and looking at acquiring somewhere drivable with good day use included. This looks like a nice perk. Would buying a one bedroom biennial work the same, being able to make use of the day use all year every year? What would be the cheapest get inn but also considering MFs and long term use.

We have moved to Denver in the last year so I am tempted to look for ski weeks but having never skied before I am weary that we may not like it. The alternative is a summer week. I won't be interested in mud weeks though, as I do not think paying MFs that would be more than renting etc during those times, is money well spent.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sea Mist in Mashpee, Massachusetts (Cape Cod) has day benefits. A friend's niece lives ten minutes from there and purchased a unit just for the day use benefits. Just another reason to love Sea Mist.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this. I am living in Denver and looking at acquiring somewhere drivable with good day use included. This looks like a nice perk. Would buying a one bedroom biennial work the same, being able to make use of the day use all year every year? What would be the cheapest get inn but also considering MFs and long term use.

We have moved to Denver in the last year so I am tempted to look for ski weeks but having never skied before I am weary that we may not like it. The alternative is a summer week. I won't be interested in mud weeks though, as I do not think paying MFs that would be more than renting etc during those times, is money well spent.

EBay has an active winter week auction here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-BEDROOM-...h=item48b42670c6:g:s3cAAOSwy2pbvhvi:rk:2:pf:0

Summer you can pick up for about $1000 and mud season, free. However, the maintenance fee of $1093 (for a 2 bedroom) applies regardless of what season you purchase. EOY use and one bedroom would be less expensive and still get you day use privileges. However, the 2 bedroom is a lock off, so you can get two weeks usage out of your purchase, if you plan to use it for skiing.

But you are putting the cart before the horse. Try skiing/boarding first. Lots of ski hills offer great package deals for new learners. Timeshares will still be for sale after you know if you want winter weeks or summer weeks.

One of the best deals is Copper Mountain’s Ski & Ride University. For $249 never-evers get three full-day lessons, lift tickets, equipment rental and free parking in the Union Creek lot. They even spring for lunch on the second and third days. Graduates earn a free lift pass for the rest of the season and half-off next year’s pass. This incredibly good deal sells out extremely fast so check it out if you're interested.