• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

eBay win to Wyndham Account under a month

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
i was floored to learn today that a few Wyndham contracts that I purchased have already been added to my account - in less than 30 days from P&S signing. These are deeded weeks with points.

That is Crazy fast!!!

Only problem now is what to do with points expiring next month that I wasn’t expecting to get (a very good problem to have).

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a vacation or maybe try out conversion to Wyndham Rewards points. Congrats on getting points.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably depositing them to RCI would be the best choice if unable to use them for a vacation, for you or a friend or family, within the next month. They can be used in RCI for a two year period.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
RCI

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
i was floored to learn today that a few Wyndham contracts that I purchased have already been added to my account - in less than 30 days from P&S signing. These are deeded weeks with points.

That is Crazy fast!!!

Only problem now is what to do with points expiring next month that I wasn’t expecting to get (a very good problem to have).
When was it sent to Wyndham?

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
When was it sent to Wyndham?
I’m not sure but I signed on July 20 and they came into my account starting on August 17. So even if seller turned around and on line recorded and sent to Whyndham in less than a week that means Wyndham did their part in 3 weeks. Bought a CWA the same day from same seller and for some reason that is taking Wyndham longer. Go figure.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably depositing them to RCI would
I have too many RCI points but may do that. Given I’m catching them at the end of the use year I was just looking at option to use toward maintenance fees. Seems like a bad deal/value other than this one scenario.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure but I signed on July 20 and they came into my account starting on August 17. So even if seller turned around and on line recorded and sent to Whyndham in less than a week that means Wyndham did their part in 3 weeks. Bought a CWA the same day from same seller and for some reason that is taking Wyndham longer. Go figure.
For perspective I bought a Bali Hai 154 from Sunday on July 15, they just sent off to Wyndham Aug 17

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using them for maintenance fees is probably a bad idea. Other uses would be the way to go. RCI, if you use it is OK.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
For perspective I bought a Bali Hai 154 from Sunday on July 15, they just sent off to Wyndham Aug 17
So if my pace is the new norm you would have those in 2 more weeks. Hopefully that is the case and the backlog is over

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be a large amount of money it isn’t in two weeks.

I was thrilled and shocked to get one done in the 6-8 weeks

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if my pace is the new norm you would have those in 2 more weeks. Hopefully that is the case and the backlog is over
Ok. I found my old post on it. Had quite the brag that it was done in 6 weeks and one day from Wyndham....the other 14 contracts took 4-6 months. That said I’m glad I bought when I did as prices seem to be on the rise.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure but I signed on July 20 and they came into my account starting on August 17. Bought a CWA the same day from same seller and for some reason that is taking Wyndham longer. Go figure.
Has Wyndham sent you the transfer paperwork to be signed and notarized on the CWA contract?? That usually takes more than 3 weeks for you to receive the paperwork and then it usually takes atleast another 3 weeks for Wyndham to complete the transfer ounce the buyer and seller have sent their notarized paperwork back. Allow a week for mail from and too Wyndham that would make 7 week minimum for CWA contract to transfer.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

My Bali Hai made it to my account five weeks after Wyndham got the paperwork. Can I ask which seller you used? The eBay seller I bought from goes under the ID of ‘afamilyonvacation’.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
that would make 7 week minimum for CWA contract to transfer.
That makes sense but seems strange that a deed could get through a process in half the time of a simple access agreement. I wonder why Whydham adds that assignment step and a month onto the CWA process?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I bet you could find something you could rent. How many points do you have expiring?

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bet you could find something you could rent. How many points do you have expiring?
More than enough for a couple weeks anywhere.

That makes more sense than paying my fees with it for sure. Only challenge is picking the right place time and finding a last minute renter. I know I can’t rent the points but that would be much easier.

I’m going to do some location research today but if any ideas come up please share.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is crazy fast because Wyndham has had 2 of my deeds longer than that, and they still aren't in my account. Granted it took them 5 weeks to set up my developer purchase properly.

I'd avoid depositing to RCI. I did that with the first points I ever got and never found anything to use them on.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
More than enough for a couple weeks anywhere.

That makes more sense than paying my fees with it for sure. Only challenge is picking the right place time and finding a last minute renter. I know I can’t rent the points but that would be much easier.

I’m going to do some location research today but if any ideas come up please share.

I have worked with Sandi Bo in the past. Send her a PM and see if she can help you.

chase79

Reaction score
I purchase a CWA contract on 6/15. I had the transfer paperwork by 7/1 and sent it back on 7/2. The seller took about a month to do the same (around 7/30). Then, I had the points by 8/15. All-in-all, it was 2 months. And that was with the seller dragging their feet for a few weeks. Wyndham appears to be moving quickly this summer!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter from Wyndham today. The deed and $$ was sent to them about a month ago. They are saying that it is in my name BUT it didn't drop into my account. It is a odd UY so I wasn't in any rush for it to close anyway. They said that they aligned my UY. Well, this one was already a Jan UY and my JUL UY is still sitting in my account with a JUL UY, so I'm not so sure that they really know what they are doing. At least it is faster. lol

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you say that at this point, they put the contract in your name but not in the account to use? 2nd account generated maybe?

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchase a CWA contract on 6/15. I had the transfer paperwork by 7/1 and sent it back on 7/2. The seller took about a month to do the same (around 7/30). Then, I had the points by 8/15. All-in-all, it was 2 months. And that was with the seller dragging their feet for a few weeks. Wyndham appears to be moving quickly this summer!
So Wyndham turned from receipt to transfer in two weeks? I hope that is true because the last contract I bought was a July use year and Wyndham received sometime before Aug 24. If they do in under 5 weeks I can still point deposit. There is a chance they could adjust use year to Jan, though they haven’t done this to me yet, but that actually works for me.

chase79

Reaction score
So Wyndham turned from receipt to transfer in two weeks? I hope that is true because the last contract I bought was a July use year and Wyndham received sometime before Aug 24. If they do in under 5 weeks I can still point deposit. There is a chance they could adjust use year to Jan, though they haven’t done this to me yet, but that actually works for me.

Yes, I believe so. I'm not 100% certain of the exact date they received the sellers paperwork, but it was definitely around end-of-July. I was calling weekly, so everything is +/- 7 days.

Based on what happened to me, it would seem you have a good shot of getting the points by mid-September.