• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Just purchased Wyndham Timeshare - Need to Rescind

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Not really.

If you sent a valid rescission letter, inside the deadline, it doesn't really matter when they pick it up. The times are triggered by the postmark.
Feel free to fax an exact copy of the rescission letter and the receipt for mailing to the fax number listed with the address (if you have it).

I wouldn't get into a phone conversation with those devils...they can be quite persuasive.

Pixielove86

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thank you, I'm just really stressed out about it all and a bit scared. I feel kinda screwed at this point. I hope it all goes into affect quickly.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
It's understandable.

The law is clear: you have XX days to rescind. If you sent the letter with the necessary info (seems like you did), then you're fine.
It's not 'maybe,' its the law.

Of course, they don't provide much feedback and that's frustrating.
You'll be ok.

We were on the hook for $35,000 when we first rescinded. That was a number of years ago and that was a LOT of money for us. It worked out fine.

Funny, after we rescinded, the wife and I hugged for a bit--dodged a bullet--and she said ' I so proud that we were willing to spend that much on each other for vacation time together...' 'now go out and find me a timeshare for less money!!'

Really, she said pretty much that.
Cheers.

Loc

Reaction score
Thank you zman0728!!!

Attended the timeshare, was persuaded and bought a property on Tuesday 7/17.
Went back to my vacation and later decided to read some reviews and doing the math and comparing the cost of just booking at a hotel or resort. Conclusion - negative benefitsss of owning a timeshare.
Google how to cancel the contract and found this message among others.
Followed your method and verbiage below. Sent a certified signed letter on Saturday 7/22 Opted for priority or next day which is $13 instead of $7.
Received an email confirmation (attachment or link to another site) from Wyndham "We have completed your request to rescind the above-referenced contract". Wednesday 7/25
Checked club wyndham and the web portal noted "inactive account". The only thing I'm waiting on is the refund to the charge to the credit card.

THANKS A BUNCH.
I'm wondering if the voucher they gave a part of the signing bonus still works if you're not an owner?

I just purchased a timeshare through Wyndham Vacation Resorts on Sunday 2-22-2015. I woke up on Monday and decided to do research and realized I was out of my mind for doing this. There is a 5 day period per my contract that allows me to cancel. It says this:

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF THE CONTRACT. CANCELLATION MUST BE IN WRITING AND IF SENT BY MAIL, ADDRESSED TO SELLER, ATTENTION: ACCOUNT CONTROLS AND ADMINISTRATION-RESCISSION DEPARTMENT AT 10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD, SUITE 130, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89135; OR P.O. BOX 94443, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89193. CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MOMENT THE LETTER IS POSTMARKED. IF SENT BY MAIL, THE LETTER MAY BE CERTIFIED WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL CANNOT BE WAIVED.

I sent my letter yesterday 2-23-2015 to the P.O. Box address via USPS Priority mail express with a return receipt requested. They said express is considered certified mail. I kept my receipt and a copy of the shipment (postmarked 2-23-2015).

My signed letter was as followed:

My Name
Address
Phone #
Email

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc
Account Controls and Administration-Rescission Department
P.O. Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193

February 23, 2015

Attention Customer Service,

The purpose of this letter is regarding the required cancellation of my timeshare contract. My name is (My Name) and I purchased a timeshare with Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc on February 22, 2015. Per the contract regarding this timeshare, I am contacting you within the rescission period in order to cancel this timeshare contract.

I wish to cancel this agreement immediately, Contract Number: xxxxx-xxxxxxx, dated February 22, 2015. Please provide me with a written response showing you have received this letter within the rescission period. Additionally, please inform me if any additional information is needed.

Timeshare: Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc
Owner: My Name
Contract Number: xxxxx-xxxxxxx
Member Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Purchase: February 22, 2015

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

**My Name

I met all of the requirements they said in the contract. I guess I just sit and wait now? Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
have not heard that before.. "I so proud that we were willing to spend that much on each other for vacation time together...''

that is one for the books.. love is blind, love is fun, buying timeshare resale is love both love and fun. now go forth and find you a great timeshare. You did not mention were you did the tour?? I am betting you find a good one.. however stay away from WestGate, Diamond, and Festiva (they may not exist any more). If you find a place be sure to do a search or post a question about the resort/ management company to make sure you are not falling into another dark hole like the one you got out of.

Welcome to the club.. :)

It's understandable.

The law is clear: you have XX days to rescind. If you sent the letter with the necessary info (seems like you did), then you're fine.
It's not 'maybe,' its the law.

Of course, they don't provide much feedback and that's frustrating.
You'll be ok.

We were on the hook for $35,000 when we first rescinded. That was a number of years ago and that was a LOT of money for us. It worked out fine.

Funny, after we rescinded, the wife and I hugged for a bit--dodged a bullet--and she said ' I so proud that we were willing to spend that much on each other for vacation time together...' 'now go out and find me a timeshare for less money!!'

Really, she said pretty much that.
Cheers.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Thank you zman0728!!!

Went back to my vacation and later decided to read some reviews and doing the math and comparing the cost of just booking at a hotel or resort. Conclusion - negative benefitsss of owning a timeshare.
Followed your method and verbiage below. Sent a certified signed letter on Saturday 7/22 Opted for priority or next day which is $13 instead of $7.
Received an email confirmation (attachment or link to another site) from Wyndham "We have completed your request to rescind the above-referenced contract". Wednesday 7/25
Checked club wyndham and the web portal noted "inactive account". The only thing I'm waiting on is the refund to the charge to the credit card.

THANKS A BUNCH.
I'm wondering if the voucher they gave a part of the signing bonus still works if you're not an owner?

I received the same email confirmation with a link to a PDF letter for acknowledgement of rescission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brenehuns

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I just wanted to say "thanks" to all of you on this thread. I am already a Wyndham vacation owner (first purchased October 2016) and when I got home from vacation, I found TUG. It was already too late to rescind and I have been trying to make the best of being an owner: educating myself, using my points, and enjoying the resorts so far. A few weeks ago I was enjoying a stay at a Wyndham resort and they just wanted to "talk to me about some updates" and since I didn't have my husband with me, I knew I couldn't do any damage. Ha, was I wrong. Before I knew it, they were talking me into more buying more points and deleting my husband from the contract and then I could send some paperwork in when I got home to add him back on, blah, blah, blah, and four hours later I was worn down and signing another contract for 125,000 more points. I got back to my room and felt sick to my stomach and could barely sleep that evening. Then I took action and found this board and within two days I had my rescission letter in the mail. Since my husband wasn't on the new contract, I didn't need his signature. (That all just seemed too shady to me). Luckily, I had a rental car and did this all at a local post office before I left town...both Certified Mail and Regular Mail. Within a few days I got an email to view my rescission letter acknowledgment online. The changes were reversed on my Wyndham account, and charges reversed on the credit card. I did get the "free" Kindle and it was difficult to find the rescission information on it. There were so many other documents pre-loaded on this Kindle that didn't have anything to do with the contract. It was easier to find the rescission information here on TUG. :)

Loc

Reaction score
Update. Check my credit card today, look like Wyndham submitted the refund credit the same day as the contract cancellation date. My credit card showed the credit in the recent transaction list. All is well.

PS. I received 3 Wyndham Destinations (Glacier Canyon) Extra Vacations getaway certificates. Similar to the one picture from google search. (image also attached) It's noted for "members only" And since I'm no longer a member, I can not use it. If anyone would like this certificate or certificates or if you are able to book for me, private message me. Free, no charge, I'll paid for the postage, first come first serve.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wyn...AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=947#imgrc=IV_Bws0_xvLqUM:

Thank you zman0728!!!

Checked club wyndham and the web portal noted "inactive account". 7/25
7/27 - Credit Card showed the deposit amount refunded. Transaction submitted on 7/25.

THANKS A BUNCH.

Attachments

• 20180727_110228.jpg
    20180727_110228.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 310
  • 20180727_110238.jpg
    20180727_110238.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 352

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
count at least 7 rescissions on this thread alone! incredible!

so much money saved by folks doing research!!!

Reaction score
I called Wyndham corporate and they have verified that the cancellation of my purchase is in process!!! I also called and effective today closed down the credit card!!

Thankfully I woke up Monday and decided to go with this decision. Thanks TUG for the very very helpful information and advice!

Regards.
Hi - do you have any phone number that you used to call them. Please let me know. Thanks

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - do you have any phone number that you used to call them. Please let me know. Thanks
If you are wanting to rescind (cancel) a recent purchase, use the mail. No phone call will have legal standing to rescind. The instructions are in your contract- near the signature page. If you want a phone number for some other reason, I can't help you. Sorry.

Visual Pun

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
So we signed our Wyndham contract on Saturday and it is now Tuesday and we are starting the process to rescind our contract while we are still at the resort in Seaside, OR.

Technically we still have until Thursday to rescind, but I’m worried that the more time we take the more likely it is we will be stuck with this decision.

We are getting the letter ready to send ( they claim the only address to send to is in Florida) and I would like some advice about our next steps. The note to only cancel the credit card after getting the refund is processed is excellent advice.

Should we use multiple methods to send the cancellation letter (USPS, FedEx registered letter, FAX, etc.) for redundancies sake?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
So we signed our Wyndham contract on Saturday and it is now Tuesday and we are starting the process to rescind our contract while we are still at the resort in Seaside, OR.

Technically we still have until Thursday to rescind, but I’m worried that the more time we take the more likely it is we will be stuck with this decision.

We are getting the letter ready to send ( they claim the only address to send to is in Florida) and I would like some advice about our next steps. The note to only cancel the credit card after getting the refund is processed is excellent advice.

Should we use multiple methods to send the cancellation letter (USPS, FedEx registered letter, FAX, etc.) for redundancies sake?

You should complete the letter....all on the contract should be listed and should sign...include the contract # and words to the effect of "rescind and cancel my contract"

You should send the letter by USPS certified mail, return receipt requested to the specified address. This is the legally preferred method of post.
You should keep copies of all docs and receipts.

You do not need to send multiple copies, but if you wish to send an EXACT duplicate copy of the letter via first class USPS mail.....feel free to do so.

Congrats!
Yes, do it now. Better to get it over with.

Consider joining TUG and learn how to have your vacation for thousands less. Best $15 you'll ever spend.

cheers

Right to Cancel a Timeshare Purchase in Oregon. In Oregon, a timesharepurchaser can cancel the contract within five calendar days from the date the purchaser signs the first written offer or contract to purchase (Or. Rev. Stat. § 94.836(1)).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

The address for rescission is written into your actual contract - usually in BOLD print right near where you actually signature the contract. Follow those instructions to a tee and you should be fine. Don’t follow what anyone tells you - follow the legally binding verbiage in the contract itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visual Pun

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Just typed up the letter and printed off copies to send and for my records. Going to sign it and send it off by USPS certified mail with return receipt to our home address.

In the future we will look to the after-market of those selling timeshares first and go from there. Lots of good advice on the site and it will be be worth it to join when we decide to take up timeshare on our terms, not theirs.

Thanks to all who replied and for having such a great resource available.

I copied this from the first post of the link, but thought I'd add it in here for others to use for their timeshare recission needs:

Names of Contract Signers
Address
Phone
Email

WorldMark, The Club, and Wyndham Resort Development Corporation
Attention: Account Servicing Operations-Rescission Department
P.O. Box 690189
Orlando, Florida 32869-0189

August 15, 2018,

Attention Account Servicing Operations,

The purpose of this letter is regarding the required cancellation of my timeshare contract. My name is (Names of Contract Signers) and I/we purchased a timeshare with WorldMark, The Club, and Wyndham Resort Development Corporation Inc on August 11, 2018. Per the contract regarding this timeshare, I am contacting you within the five (5) calendar day rescission period in order to cancel this timeshare contract.

I wish to cancel this agreement immediately, Contract Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX, Member Number: XXXXXXXXXXX, dated August 11, 2018. Please provide me with a written response showing you have received this letter sent within the five (5) calendar day rescission period. Additionally, please inform me if any additional information is needed.

Timeshare: WorldMark, The Club, and Wyndham Resort Development Corporation Inc
Owner: (Names of Contract Signers)
Contract Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Member Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Date of Purchase: August 11, 2018

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

(Signatures of Names of Contract Signers)

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Perfect letter @Visual Pun

Thanks for sharing for others.

Come join us.

Timeshares are wonderful for many owners.

The key is knowing what you need/want, how to purchase what you want....and how to get the best deal.

Now, timeshares are not right for everyone. But, this is the place for sage advice.

Consider checking out the 'New to timesharing' section and completing this survey: What to buy Survey....

Honest answers will get you the best results. Complete and honest answers.
cheers!

AJ23

Reaction score
Make sure all signers of the contract sign the rescission letter. Mail it USPS Certified w/ return receipt so you'll ,know it is delivered. If the Kindle was a gift for attending the presentation, keep it. If it was a gift for buying, send it back, and note that in the letter.

Glad you found is in time.

Jim

Hi Jim!

Me and my wife just purchased an ownership at wyndham yesterday. 02/09 We were at a casino in las vegas when all of a sudden these sleazy agents were telling us if we want free shows little did we know that they were already signing us up for a presentation/tour.

So we went to the tour we purchased 126k points with 174k bonus points plus 2 weeks rci free vacation. Plus they ran our credit for the credit card as well. I wasn’t really sold but my wife kinda got sold with you know bigger rooms and kitchen.

But I really really feel bad about this ownership thing. I feel like it’s not worth it. We always stay at hilton hotels and I feel like wyndham properties are cheap. And doesnt suit my taste aside from that I just feel like it’s not worth it.

We are still in vegas and I really dont want to go back to that building and hand them the letter to rescind the contract. I am already scared to talk to them. Can i just mail it to them here in vegas to avoid these discussions?

I really hope they will honor my letter. Thanks a lot!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Jim!

Me and my wife just purchased an ownership at wyndham yesterday. 02/09 We were at a casino in las vegas when all of a sudden these sleazy agents were telling us if we want free shows little did we know that they were already signing us up for a presentation/tour.

So we went to the tour we purchased 126k points with 174k bonus points plus 2 weeks rci free vacation. Plus they ran our credit for the credit card as well. I wasn’t really sold but my wife kinda got sold with you know bigger rooms and kitchen.

But I really really feel bad about this ownership thing. I feel like it’s not worth it. We always stay at hilton hotels and I feel like wyndham properties are cheap. And doesnt suit my taste aside from that I just feel like it’s not worth it.

We are still in vegas and I really dont want to go back to that building and hand them the letter to rescind the contract. I am already scared to talk to them. Can i just mail it to them here in vegas to avoid these discussions?

It's not a matter of hoping they will honor your right of rescission. They have no choice. But today is Sunday. The post office is closed. So write your letter. There are plenty of templates here and elsewhere. Make a copy of the signature page of the contract for ID purposes. Send it USPS Certified w/return receipt. The address is in Las Vegas, but not at the casino. If they put your down payment on their card, you'll want to keep it open until it's refunded, then cancel it.

Glad you found us in time to save yourself many thou$and$! Timeshares are a great way to travel, but are a lousy investment.

Enjoy your holiday!

Jim

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Hi Jim!

Don’t wait on that recession letter, mail it certified with return receipt (it’s proof you sent it). Once you’ve done that, take a look at some resale. You mention liking Hilton hotels. HGVC (Hilton) has a very flexible system and they treat their members, including resale owners very well. You can buy a HGVC unit for a fraction of what you would have paid for the Wyndham one. There are 2 bedroom platinum (most points per maintenance fee) with great yearly maintenance fees for around $7000 or even less if you look hard enough.

Congrats on the recession. It’s the law that they have to honor the recession, as long as it’s done by the time required and all buyers sign the letter (I’m assuming you and your wife both signed the contract).

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are still in vegas and I really dont want to go back to that building and hand them the letter to rescind the contract.

Don't do it that way. Follow the directions which probably tell you to mail your letter certified mail.

AJ23

Reaction score
It's not a matter of hoping they will honor your right of rescission. They have no choice. But today is Sunday. The post office is closed. So write your letter. There are plenty of templates here and elsewhere. Make a copy of the signature page of the contract for ID purposes. Send it USPS Certified w/return receipt. The address is in Las Vegas, but not at the casino. If they put your down payment on their card, you'll want to keep it open until it's refunded, then cancel it.

Glad you found us in time to save yourself many thou$and$! Timeshares are a great way to travel, but are a lousy investment.

Enjoy your holiday!

Jim

Hi jim! We just got back home. We will do it first thing in the morning today monday and expedite it. Signature page? The one that we signed that day when we got the contract? I got a template from here I will just copy it put or names on it and signature.

It’s lousy. We travel a lot like 8 weeks per year. I dont mind doing a time share in hilton. But checked wyndham properties and its complete trash.

Anyway thank you and will update you guys!

AJ23

Reaction score
Don’t wait on that recession letter, mail it certified with return receipt (it’s proof you sent it). Once you’ve done that, take a look at some resale. You mention liking Hilton hotels. HGVC (Hilton) has a very flexible system and they treat their members, including resale owners very well. You can buy a HGVC unit for a fraction of what you would have paid for the Wyndham one. There are 2 bedroom platinum (most points per maintenance fee) with great yearly maintenance fees for around $7000 or even less if you look hard enough.

Congrats on the recession. It’s the law that they have to honor the recession, as long as it’s done by the time required and all buyers sign the letter (I’m assuming you and your wife both signed the contract).

Thank you! I will look at some resale for HGVC we are already members in hilton for years now. And we like their property. Idk we became stupid that day and somehow we fell for it! Yes will update you guys.