• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Exchanging Beachwoods for Hawaii: RCI weeks? points?]

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Hello everyone. I’m very new here. I’ve been on here about 3 weeks. Thank you all for all the info I’ve learned in that short time. Ok I’m ready to purchase. Ended up wanting 2 consecutive weeks. Have the chance to purchase same unit. Only problem is first week is in weeks and second week is in points. I was Hoping to combine both weeks at one point ( not every year) but maybe one year to accrue enough power for my family of 6 to go somewhere really nice. Hawaii etc. should i convert the points week back into weeks? Otherwise they won’t be able to be combined.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Converting the points week back to a deeded week is kind of a waste of the points.

Converting the deed week to a points week is very expensive.

If you can tell us exactly what you are buying and the price, we can provide more accurate advise.

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Converting the points week back to a deeded week is kind of a waste of the points.

Converting the deed week to a points week is very expensive.

If you can tell us exactly what you are buying and the price, we can provide more accurate advise.
2 weeks on the outer banks. First 2 weeks in August. But either week by itself will not be enough for that one large 2 week Hawaii trip we want to eventually take down the road. They are both 3 bedroom lockouts. So far the trading power and or points for each week seems really good. But being they are in points and weeks they cannot be combined to create one large sum that would be needed
Not sure of final price since we haven’t gotten down to business. Oh it’s a resale of course lol

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What is the name of the resort - that is the critical piece?

How will you be making the Hawaii reservations - through an exchange company, or through the resort's internal system?

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Beachwoods in kitty hawk. Right now all i know is rci but my week can now also be traded through diamond’s exchange program but was also going to look at independent exchange companies as well. Not sure if there are some i cant Use. I know i cant Go through II

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you make an exchange, you can't reserve 2 weeks on the same exchange, you have to make two separate exchanges. So if this resort is available in both RCI weeks and RCI points, or in Diamond, you could conceivably reserve one week through one method, and the other week through another method.

I have done this before myself - but not this resort, so I don't know if it's feasible or not. I am going to add some info to your thread title to give readers a little more info about the question.

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
When you make an exchange, you can't reserve 2 weeks on the same exchange, you have to make two separate exchanges. So if this resort is available in both RCI weeks and RCI points, or in Diamond, you could conceivably reserve one week through one method, and the other week through another method.

I have done this before myself - but not this resort, so I don't know if it's feasible or not. I am going to add some info to your thread title to give readers a little more info about the question.
Thank you i was Thinking that i coukd Try and get one week with points and then a consecutive week in weeks but wouldn’t that be more of a hassle and maybe harder to do with more fees? Paying 2 annual fees. Then pay to combine the lockout and then paying 2 exchange fees?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is no other way to do it - you have to exchange each week separately and pay 2 exchange fees. You cannot make a 2 week exchange. Even if they were both deeded in weeks, or both deeded in points, it will still be 2 separate exchanges/fees.

It is always challenging to get exchanges for consecutive weeks.

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Oh and if i just Purchased as is, can i as a resale owner still convert the points week back to a ( weeks ) week if i am a resale owner. i also Know that I’m not guaranteed the second week if it’s in points automatically and some years i may Just want to go to my home resort and not have to exchange anything but if it’s in points i woukd still have to exchange back in

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you quit paying the RCI fees, it will automatically drop out of points become just a deeded week.

But converting it back to points costs thousands of dollars, so I wouldn't do it until I clearly understood all the ramifications.

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
There is no other way to do it - you have to exchange each week separately and pay 2 exchange fees. You cannot make a 2 week exchange. Even if they were both deeded in weeks, or both deeded in points, it will still be 2 separate exchanges/fees.

It is always challenging to get exchanges for consecutive weeks.
But if they were both weeks i could deposit both in rci and then combine all 4 on one deposit charge. Then have combined TPUs. Would i then Be able to try and get 2 weeks. This is so confusing lol

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
If you quit paying the RCI fees, it will automatically drop out of points become just a deeded week.

But converting it back to points costs thousands of dollars, so I wouldn't do it until I clearly understood all the ramifications.
That is why I’m asking here. I’m so confused. Still trying to get as much knowledge as i possibly could.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You can remove the week from RCI points. Since Diamond acquired the property, it is no longer possible to go the other way and convert the non points week to RCI points. Are you looking to stay a single week using the combined trading power of both weeks or to book multiple weeks somewhere other than your home resort?

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Oh and just to make everyone laugh. I went To their timeshare tour to see the resort 2 days ago. I wanted To check it out before we purchased from owner. They tried to sell me a points package for $250,000. They told me i could get 2 weeks vacation every year. They kept lowering the price. Then offered me a sample package worth absolutely nothing and they were very unhappy when we decided to tell them nooooo. But all in all the outer banks for the 4th was amazing

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
She wants to exchange for 2 weeks in Hawaii at some point:
But either week by itself will not be enough for that one large 2 week Hawaii trip we want to eventually take down the road.

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
You can remove the week from RCI points. Since Diamond acquired the property, it is no longer possible to go the other way and convert the non points week to RCI points. Are you looking to stay a single week using the combined trading power of both weeks or to book multiple weeks somewhere other than your home resort?
I’m actually looking to do both. Maybe one year use one of my weeks there and bank the other. Maybe bank both and take separate weeks different places. Maybe use both weeks at home resort. Then hoping to maybe bank both and combine to take 2 weeks somewhere

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Also forgot to mention Hawaii will prob be just one year eventually. Really want to see everywhere. Take the kids all over the US etc. we are the type to just pick up and go wherever the wind takes us. Very easy to just getaway last minute also. Also we are not that picky where we go just as long as it’s a nice resort. Have been to a lot of places already but now with a family of 6 it’s harder to stay in a hotel. We feel timesharing would be best for our family vacays

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know anything about trading this particular resort, but if it were me, I would probably look for another week in points. (I don't know how feasible that is.)

Or if that's not feasible: Leave one week in points and one as a deeded week, and try exchanging them this way, before I considered dropping from points.

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
That’s what i was Thinking to do. See how it works for us before making any decisions and then if it didn’t work out then revert back to weeks. But i was Going to pick up a few points on resale anyway before i knew They weren’t both in weeks. Wanted both options.
Thank you for all your help

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
First, welcome to TUG. Does Beachwood exchange thru RCI and II?
Do you belong to Diamond exchange arm The Club? How many Club Points do you own?

Good luck and again Welcome to TUG. Where “Knowledge is Power.” By Bacon.

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing you picked up the week 34 on eBay from egret1986? That probably has decent TPUs on the weeks side. What was the other week and how many points did it say you get, 84k?

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
First, welcome to TUG. Does Beachwood exchange thru RCI and II?
Do you belong to Diamond exchange arm The Club? How many Club Points do you own?

Good luck and again Welcome to TUG. Where “Knowledge is Power.” By Bacon.
Thank you. Yes thru rci. Not II. Do not belong to the club and don’t think I’m going to join

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
I’m guessing you picked up the week 34 on eBay from egret1986? That probably has decent TPUs on the weeks side. What was the other week and how many points did it say you get, 84k?
No not 34. Looking to purchase 31 and 32. Yes from egret. She told me to post my questions on here. 31 ( weeks ) locked out gets 69 TPUs and week 32 gets 98,000 points. I thought they were actually pretty good.

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
No not 34. Looking to purchase 31 and 32. Yes from egret. She told me to post my questions on here. 31 ( weeks ) locked out gets 69 TPUs and week 32 gets 98,000 points. I thought they were actually pretty good.

Wow! That’s huge. 98k points will go a long way in RCI. I’d say 69 TPU would also. My 2BR lockout at Beachwoods in week 22 gets 69k. It wouldn’t hurt to check the resort directory for points costs for some resorts you’re interested in. With the points, you can always save them into the next year or borrow a year ahead.

DanieD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Wow! That’s huge. 98k points will go a long way in RCI. I’d say 69 TPU would also. My 2BR lockout at Beachwoods in week 22 gets 69k. It wouldn’t hurt to check the resort directory for points costs for some resorts you’re interested in. With the points, you can always save them into the next year or borrow a year ahead.
Oh yeah i forgot About that. I can Save them up so i can Eventually have enough for my vacay that needs more. Thank you for reminding me. I’ve been reading everything i possibly can to familiarize myself with timesharing. I forgot I read About that too. Lol. So much info in so little time.